Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 274698 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Handbook v2.3.1 is here!
« Reply #4410 on: January 30, 2020, 06:43:34 pm »

So currently, the Bishop's Sanctuary skill is very bizarre in terms of how it interacts with HP dependent skills but mostly makes them really very good. Like too good. Here's a potential replacement that was come to in the Mechanics channel, vote pending.

The Bishop can use their action to give 5 DR to an adjacent ally for 2 rounds. Only one ally can benefit from this effect at a time. Applying Sanctuary to another ally removes it from the first, and applying it to the same ally resets the duration.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: February 05, 2020, 04:09:15 pm »

Poll seems to be very in favor of new Sanctuary so that's what Bishops will get from now on.

Now onto the Saint: Transfer Might is a very unique skill but it's not enough by itself, which is why Staff Specialization was added. However "specialization" isn't really useful or interesting if everyone goes Heal so a few changes to these skills have been devised.

Transfer Might could be upgraded to Sacrifice: the Saint can transfer up to 5 points of any stat to an adjacent ally, lasting until either the ally or the Saint go down with no limit in allies.

Staff Specialization could be upgraded to Staff Mastery: the Saint can use two staves (or the same staff twice) in their turn.

If Staff Mastery isn't used, Staff Specialization would be removed in favor of leaving just the Overheal part of it for every Saint.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: February 05, 2020, 04:23:00 pm »

Allowing saints to consistently use staves twice per turn is a huge increase to their action economy, and I'm strongly opposed.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: February 05, 2020, 04:30:48 pm »

Perhaps make it that you can't target the same target with both casts? And having to do so at once, so that ends your turn afterward.

Personally, Ailments for Saints are very low-tier, as it can only occur once in a map.

Staff Mastery: The Saint can target two different targets in range with a single Staff. This costs 2 QL instead of 1.

This gives a clear bonus while not completely breaking things. And higher tier staves with more range have less QL, so you do need to be careful with them. Though it also makes enemy Saints very deadly with an Ailment Staff. Perhaps tie it to the staff the Saint chose to specialize in?

As is, Ailment Staves are rather sad for any Player Saints to use.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 04:32:27 pm by TricMagic »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: February 05, 2020, 04:32:10 pm »

I reset the poll to add a new option.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: February 05, 2020, 04:39:10 pm »

If we are talking about opening it up, can the Ailment Option's Map Limit be removed? Splashover is kinda weak as is.

Maybe limit it to the saint's Level, With Level 1 Saint having one use of splashover per map, and each 5 levels granting them another? Granted, I see the issue of balance in the first place.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: February 05, 2020, 04:47:19 pm »

It's really hard to balance ailment staves compared to other kinds, as they are essentially an attack action, non standard as it may be.

Staff Mastery as you have it would be less abusable at least since you need to stick to one effect, so I definitely like it better than two staff uses straight up.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: February 05, 2020, 05:01:04 pm »

Poll reset again for new choices to limit Staff Mastery to one single staff used twice.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: February 05, 2020, 05:09:56 pm »

A curt reminder that if someone Picks the full unlock, some GM may decide to give a Saint Poison and Sleep Staves and use both on you. at once.

Honestly, limiting it to one staff being used twice makes sense.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: February 05, 2020, 05:16:58 pm »

A curt reminder that if someone Picks the full unlock, some GM may decide to give a Saint Poison and Sleep Staves and use both on you. at once.

* Haspen takes notes.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: February 05, 2020, 11:36:39 pm »

What exactly does "unlock Staff Specialization's three skills for everyone" mean? I agree that the Staff Mastery action economy would be fairly nuts, and would be fine with upgrading Transfer Might, but don't want to take an icepick to the frontal lobe of Staff Specialization and make it heal-only either.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: February 06, 2020, 04:59:21 am »

The three skills would be Overheal when using Heal staves, Double buff when using Buff staves, and Splashover when using Ailment staves.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: February 11, 2020, 04:57:40 pm »

I think it's pretty clear people want the new Sacrifice as an upgrade to Transfer Might, but it's not as clear what to do with Staff Specialization, so I'll make another poll just for that.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: February 11, 2020, 05:26:15 pm »

Anyone got a link to the latest version of the Fire Emblem Character Creator for making portraits (if there is such a thing)? The download for V8 seemed broken, but I was able to download V2 (assuming it was even the same program).

This is what the one I was using looks like:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: February 11, 2020, 05:28:01 pm »

I never managed to get that thing to work in the first place. So maybe add a guide on it too.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 300