Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 275261 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #240 on: April 03, 2014, 11:03:03 am »

Powers/stats. Can they be balances for PC use? Because manaketes have obscenes growths totalling 600 progression points.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 03, 2014, 11:05:11 am »

Done so to make up for the fact that they can't promote at all and their abysmal starting stats, is my guess. They also kinda can't do anything without a dragon stone, which is a plot McGuffin. They aren't listed under NPC for nothing.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 03, 2014, 11:10:30 am »

That's why I asked if they could be balanced for PCs :V

Man if the dragonstone wasn't used for every damn attack I would say make them able to promote to some special class or type or whatever and give them not so outrageous stats.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 03, 2014, 11:11:24 am »

The different races work pretty diffently, and we haven't decided yet if the races besides the Laguz will be playable.

And the Manakete in the guidebook was designed explicitly to be an NPC, the in game don't have growths at that level of obscene. And their level cap is at 30 instead of 20 since they don't promote. In awakening they. Kept up with stat boosts from promotions by using stronger dragonstones

The Laguz very strong, but the beast meter is meant to counteract since they are incredibly weak in human form. They have a level cap of 40.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:12:56 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 03, 2014, 11:23:34 am »

I think I'm gonna change the poll now :V

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 03, 2014, 11:40:29 am »

To clarify, I'm not endorsing making everything playable. I'd be fine if it was just the Laguz since the guidebook's title wording and their status in the games the guidebook used as its primary source seems like it pretty clearly intended for them to be playable. The rest I could go with either way, since I was more interested in having their mechanics fleshed out. Like the Manakete in the book is incomplete, and doesn't go into the different tribes, the dragonstone types, or the Chameleon mutation. And I just want to have the Taguel statted out for completionism's sake :P

Though even if they are all made playable, it is up to GM's discrection whther to use the book or not
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:45:46 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 03, 2014, 11:52:59 am »

Hmm, making the other races playable in a DLC...

Welp if that's that we should head back to the main book, which brings us back to the previous discussion :3

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 03, 2014, 11:55:19 am »

*raises eyebrow*

Being a little hasty there aren't you?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 03, 2014, 12:00:57 pm »

*whistles*

Just saying that we can discuss other races while the poll asks about main book stuff :3

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2014, 12:01:48 pm »

Alright, let us talk Laguz then, since people seem vaguely interested!

From what I have seen, Laguz is an umbrella term for all the different types of were-people out there. For my own sake, I'm just going to go into the wiki and pull out the relevant information, as well as how I can remember them functioning from a Let's Play I had read earlier this year.

---

First up, we have the "Beast Tribe".

Spoiler: Beast Tribe (click to show/hide)

Since there are at least 4 different types of beast listed, there are at least 4 different type of Fang or Claw "weapons" that need to be made for them. It is my recommendations that Lions are excluded from being player characters, as they are incredibly powerful already, and don't exactly have much room for improvement. They tend to dominate all other classes. Cats, Tigers, and Wolves on the other hand can be balanced a bit more.

What is not listed here, is that these Beasts have an innate weakness to the Fire Subcategory of magic.

---

Then we have the illustrious "Bird Tribe".

Spoiler: Bird Tribe (click to show/hide)

Birds!!

For these fine fliers, we need a Beak weapon for Ravens and a Talon weapon for Hawks. Herons don't actually need weapons, since they are essentially just another flavor of Bard, but there are some ways that we can vary them from our current cast.

It is notable that even out of transformation, Hawks and Ravens can fly. Heron bards only fly when they transform. However, like all fliers, Wind Magic is effective against them. So watch out for that.

---

And then finally, The Noble Dragon Tribe.

Spoiler: Dragon Tribe (click to show/hide)

Dragons. Whoo boy... Well, they don't have dragonstones limiting them like the Manakete and they have different forms of breath attacks; Fire, Light, and Dark Breath. Still, I'm inclined to say that dragons really should never be considered for Player Characters because their status as "king of beasts", like the Lions. They just don't work quite as well from a player perspective in my mind, because they are meant to outshine all other creatures in the same way that Lions trump everything in their class. They would however, make excellent bosses or allies.

However, like their other counterparts; they are also weak against a brand of magic, with Thunder finally having it's day to play. Not sure if their breath is elemental or not.

---

As an addendum though, it should be noted that they also have different transformation rates. For instance, a Cat generally starts the battle with a relatively high transformation gauge, while Tigers have a longer time before they transform. This gave them different windows of effectiveness in game, and should be taken into account when creating characters.

It my further suggestion that these creatures should have their own sub categorizations on transformation, strength, and agility. For instance... Say we have three Cats.

Cat A - TG: 14/20 +3 STR
Cat B - TG: 16/20 +2 STR +5 to Hit and Evade
Cat C - TG: 18/20 +1 STR +10 to Hit and Evade

Cat A will take a longer period of time to transform, and is not as agile, but he's stronger.
Cat C will transform after a single turn and be ready to fight, but he is not as strong as Cat A is.
Cat B on the other hand rides the middle ground between time between transformations and relative strength.

All three of them are the same creature, but depending on their temperament, they have different stats and different times where they will transform. Faster, blitz type creatures transform quickly, while lumbering slower types will take a bit more time, but are absolutely ferocious when they do turn.

---

Some final notes now before I wrap up. Laguz also "level up" their respective weapons. For instance, a Laguz's fangs/claws/beak/ect will become more powerful as they go up class ranks. In the games, they apparently start with a A Rank in their respective appendage and can level up to SS, where they will become a lot stronger.

It also interesting to note that most untransformed Laguz also have the ability to counter when attacked at close range, although the damage they perform is considered rather pitiful. :P

---

Anyways, those are collective thoughts on the matter. Correct me where you can, and feel free to flesh any of this out better than I have. This is only a skeleton of what Laguz are and now it is just a matter of filling in the gaps.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 03, 2014, 12:10:23 pm »

So there's physical damage, magical damage and support/flying Laguz? Manaketes would be out of place here, but it seems fine to me.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2014, 12:11:11 pm »

That's cause they're from different universes :V
It's FEF, not FEOF

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 03, 2014, 12:16:50 pm »

I think there's enough variety in what Laguz do now that they don't really need further subcategories. Players can address that individually at character creation.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 03, 2014, 12:17:10 pm »

I thought we didn't care about that and just meshed all universes together :V

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 03, 2014, 12:18:28 pm »

The point was that the GM decides what exists in their universe or not, since both are significant in the series :V
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 300