Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282123 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread. Current topic: Fighters!
« Reply #690 on: April 19, 2014, 01:55:55 pm »

Can we try to avoid giving performers more power? A bard can double the combat potential of  four allies a turn. One unit does that, and they can every turn.

I think the simplest way to fix it would be to forbid stockpiling moves except for possibly a hypothetical third trainee promote, who could precharge two adjacent allies. Or just perform for them normally.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 19, 2014, 02:18:06 pm »

Performers are good as is >_> you need very careful positioning to exploit the full potential of bards while dancers are less restricted but lower cap.

And ffs why is the vote always tied I was gonna end it with a no.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 19, 2014, 02:36:12 pm »

A bard can double the combat potential of  four allies a turn. One unit does that, and they can every turn.

The odds against this happening in a meaningful way are huge.

With that said, I agree, performers are strong enough.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 19, 2014, 04:05:20 pm »

The FEF2 dream mission is built around small areas and narrow corridors that make it really easy to line up four people, though. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 19, 2014, 05:53:03 pm »

I'd like the tie resolved when I wake up, else I might just say fuck it and break it myself :V

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 19, 2014, 05:57:55 pm »

I'd like the tie resolved when I wake up, else I might just say fuck it and break it myself :V
Considering you're part of the community, I think you should vote regardless.

I also think we shouldn't make changes based on differences of 1 vote...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 19, 2014, 09:10:41 pm »

It's my opinion that with such a close vote, we should default to the status quo. But I'm biased.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 19, 2014, 11:39:01 pm »

Can we try to avoid giving performers more power? A bard can double the combat potential of  four allies a turn. One unit does that, and they can every turn.

I think the simplest way to fix it would be to forbid stockpiling moves except for possibly a hypothetical third trainee promote, who could precharge two adjacent allies. Or just perform for them normally.

Alright. When they are doing literally anything that isn't rejuvenating allies, they aren't able to do that. So why not, say, make it so they have a reason not to? You talk like they're overpowered, and while they are powerful to the GM since they act as a force multiplier; 1. the GMs tend to be brutal, a trend established by Haspen, and so most groups need and/or benefit from a performer greatly, and 2. The people playing the performer aren't actually doing anything. They don't get to fight or be in the thick of the action. It's not all that exciting just going 'Okay, I'll move here and perform, I guess'. When do performers ever actually use their proficiencies instead of performing? They aren't strong on their own, which is the whole reason why all they do is perform for allies.

A Dancing Sword has to choose between granting two allies extra turns and getting to take one in a meaningful way themselves. An Enchanter who actually uses their class ability doesn't get to boost 'up to 4 allies!'. A Loremaster who's Calling Magic isn't rejuvenating allies. And you want to make it so performers continue to have no reason not to only focus on rejuvenating people, instead of actually participating in the game rather than being ghost-turns/players?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 19, 2014, 11:55:17 pm »

I dunno, there's a certain amount of satisfaction in playing a support character. And it's not like it's a thankless task either. We don't have to give them such powerful abilities at first class to make them attractive to players. The performers in this system are leagues beyond the performers in any of the games. Even the Herons, who were super performers, couldn't pre-charge.

Of course, most classes in this system are better than the in game counterparts. But not to the degree performers are. Performers are a game changer, and very nearly game breakers. I expect that to make itself more and more evident the farther we get into FEF2. Since this is such a hot issue, we can come back to it later, when more playtesting has been done.

Before we put the issue away though, I'd like to point out that disallowing pre-charges will put dancers on par with bards again, since it's easier to have two people spend their actions and be within 5 squares of each other than to get three or four all around the same square.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 20, 2014, 04:19:58 am »

Alright I'm up, and since this wasn't solved I'll add my nope vote to return to default.

Also rolepgeek you're forgetting the variety of extra instruments/dances that performers have. Hell, look at Anja's clutch double paralyze :o

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 20, 2014, 02:46:28 pm »

In case anyone's like me and leaves their webpages open overnight and just refreshes occasionally, the poll got changed.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 21, 2014, 08:13:44 am »

Shoudl I lock this up or someone wants to vote yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 21, 2014, 08:18:48 am »

Still in favor of giving Fighters Defiance and giving Warriors Rough and Tumble.

Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but what do these do? I don't want to vote until I know. :X
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 300