Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282028 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Well, that's why we decide the exact correct interpretation first, then write it up so it can't be misinterpreted.

Well, that's not actually possible.

Someone will still manage to misinterpret it. Possibly on purpose. It's occasionally called Munchkin-ing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Someone will still manage to misinterpret it. Possibly on purpose. It's occasionally called Munchkin-ing.

And those people are terrible people. While you have to account for the malicious, its impossible to make something completely proofed.

But this isn't to prevent those people (that's to be dealt with intraparty like), its to help people who may be confused by the terminology (referring to something that's never brought up in the book, for instance), and to hopefully clear misunderstandings.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ailments should be actually described in the book, by the way.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They really do. Its hard to figure out what most of them do without just guessing or making something up.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can find them on the wiki, apparently; Poison lasts for five turns or something and deals between 1-5 damage each turn, apparently, for example.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just search them on the Fire Emblem Wiki. They should have a good description there.

Edit: If you give me a list of the ailments, I can make a list of descriptions.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:19:30 pm by Swordstar »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Sleep, poison, silence, Paralyse, Berserk and Stone.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Alright, now we have to clarify if the chosen weapon is lower MT or lower ATK (MT+STR/MAG).
Even if most people already know :V

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Sleep, poison, silence, Paralyse, Berserk and Stone.

Poison: Deals 1-5 (We could make this 6 by the way, be simpler for dice rollers) damage per turn at the beginning of the unit's phase. Lasts 3 turns.
Silence: Prevents the unit from using tomes or staves. The unit also cannot communicate verbally with other units. Lasts 3 turns.
Berserk: Forces the unit to attack the nearest enemy unit at the beginning of their phase. If there are no enemy units in range, the unit will attack the closest Ally. If no one is in range, the unit will move toward the closest other unit. Activated Effects cannot be activated while Berserk. Lasts 3 turns.
Sleep: The unit cannot move or act while afflicted with sleep. Attacks automatically hit a sleeping unit. A sleeping unit who is attacked immediately wakes up, but cannot counter the attack that wakes them. Lasts 3 turns.
Paralyze: The unit cannot move or act while afflicted with Paralyze. Attacks automatically hit a paralyzed unit. Lasts 3 turns.
Stone: The unit cannot move or act while afflicted with Stone. Units afflicted by Stone cannot be targeted by attacks or any healing besides that which would remove the Stone condition. Lasts 3 turns.
Fear: The unit afflicted with this condition cannot initiate battle. Additionally, they must spend their move action running toward allies if they are alone, or seeking defensive terrain if they are not. If the target can reach better defensive terrain with their MOV, they must do so. Lasts 3 turns.

Also, this forced me to notice a couple things:

1. We have three ailments that do basically the same thing here. And one of them is better than the others, but not the highest level staff of its kind.
2. The ailment staves say they put the ailment on the target for 3 rounds, not five! We've been gettin' screwed!

So, I say we swap the stats on the Stone and Paralyze staves for fairly obvious reasons. We can put that to a vote later.

Also, Fear was under Dancers special dances and didn't elaborate, so I took the liberty. Never seen that effect except in PS's game, so let's come to a satisfactory effect together.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, now we have to clarify if the chosen weapon is lower MT or lower ATK (MT+STR/MAG).
Even if most people already know :V

It does state it plainly in the book, after all.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, I'm thinking in the book they last for a number of rounds dependent on the staff, if that's what the number in brackets after the ailment says.

Haspen also has Slow and Muddle in his games, apparently. Though just monsters are using those.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

All the ones I listed had a 3 at the end.

There are a couple that do direct status effects with a duration of 2, interestingly.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Poison lasts for four turns, as a note. Well, going by 1.22. A good chunk is three though.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

We've been ripped off!
Also I thought stone caused enemies to get bonus crit against stoned guy?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 300