Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 280495 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub!
« Reply #2175 on: November 23, 2014, 02:55:22 pm »

Well, to be honest, after seeing it being used in NoH I'm actually inclined to believe Sanctuary is a terrible ability in general. It sounds awesome on paper but in practice it's basically 'anyone outside the zone is completely screwed, anyone inside the zone can't do anything without leaving and therefore becoming screwed, and the bishop becomes useless for two turns'.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: November 23, 2014, 02:58:37 pm »

That... is a significant drop in power and I'm not a fan. :/

It is also much, much more flexible this way. But I guess I see your point.

Well, to be honest, after seeing it being used in NoH I'm actually inclined to believe Sanctuary is a terrible ability in general. It sounds awesome on paper but in practice it's basically 'anyone outside the zone is completely screwed, anyone inside the zone can't do anything without leaving and therefore becoming screwed, and the bishop becomes useless for two turns'.

Yeeeeeep. As stated previously, it's only really useful when all your team is clustered in one spot and are dying. At any other point, it's a nuisance.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: November 23, 2014, 02:59:05 pm »

Oh, I completely agree. I just don't think this version solves it. It completely takes out the ability to just throw up a shield and save people if that's needed and instead limits the ability to every 3 turns and to just four spaces. Yeah you can ditch people and pick up new people, but that's not that big of an advantage compared to everything else that you lose/sanctuary sucks about.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: November 23, 2014, 02:59:54 pm »

I'd rather make it drop at the start of the player phase on exchange of not using it for some turns.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: November 23, 2014, 03:19:28 pm »

Honestly? I don't think it can be fixed. Just my opinion maybe, but I just think it sounds cool but is impossible to put up a balanced version in practice

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: November 23, 2014, 03:24:58 pm »

I'd rather make it drop at the start of the player phase on exchange of not using it for some turns.

But that leads to the problem of players closing the distance, attacking, and then the shield goes up and the enemy can do nothing on their phase, and the next turn the team can just attack again. Sure it can only be used every few turns, but it'd be almost like a mass performance, except instead of doubling what you can do in one phase, it just negates an enemy phase. That's seriously OP.

Honestly? I don't think it can be fixed. Just my opinion maybe, but I just think it sounds cool but is impossible to put up a balanced version in practice

And Swordstar may be right.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: November 23, 2014, 03:31:26 pm »

Well then limit it to once per battle.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:43 pm »

At which point it's essentially useless and doesn't come close to comparing to the other Tier 2 abilities. :/

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: November 23, 2014, 03:50:39 pm »

It's not because you gave your party a full turn to recover in the middle of a gruesome battle anyways.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: November 23, 2014, 03:55:33 pm »

Let's try to think of alternatives to Sanctuary then.

Quote from: Benevolence
The character with this skill does not begin dying when they reach 0 hp, and instead becomes Stunned. Stunned characters cannot move, act, or evade. Enemies will not target a stunned character while other opportunities present themselves. Stun can be removed by any healing. If a stunned character takes any damage, they begin dying as normal.

It's not because you gave your party a full turn to recover in the middle of a gruesome battle anyways.

Yeah, and then you've blown your class specific wad for the entire fight, and then you're done with your special Tier 2 ability until the next map.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: November 23, 2014, 03:58:50 pm »

Just like Inquisitor's Benediction, right?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: November 23, 2014, 04:01:38 pm »

Just like Inquisitor's Benediction, right?

At least that's in two parts. Plus it has no downsides, unlike Sanctuary.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: November 27, 2014, 12:14:32 am »

The subject of performers and how amazingly OP they are came up in the IRC again. We also discussed how lackluster Dancers are compared to Bards. Two main proposals were raised this evening to address the issue.

Spoiler: Proposal 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposal 2 (click to show/hide)

Also, a question Xanmyral brought up that I find compelling, why are Dancers (visual primarily) the long range performance while Bards (auditory primarily) are the short range performance?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: November 27, 2014, 01:16:04 am »

I don't like either. Just keep them as they are. Ideally a party will never have more than one in a game anyway, and some games don't even have performers because most people don't like playing support classes as near as I can tell.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: November 27, 2014, 02:23:28 am »

I don't think Dancers are lackluster. Range 2 compared to range 1 does make a difference, even if 4 man barding is op I'd say reduce barding to 3 would be enough.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 300