Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282053 times)

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub!
« Reply #2490 on: June 17, 2015, 02:26:34 pm »

Howdy Cecil. Sorry to hear about your arm. NoH is almost over- Anything you'd like to ask me about running my first FEF? I don't know if it'd be helpful to you or not.
Ah, don't worry about it; like I said, damn near broke my arm, didn't actually, just sprained bad enough to put me out of commission for a few days. Six months later, full recovery (heck, one month later, full recovery).
So, tell me, in your experience, what were some of the hardest elements of running a campaign? Map generation? Map updates? Enemy creation? Misfired difficulty curve?

So, other thing I wanted to ask about/throw out there: Performance/Dance/Play has come up in talks again, and I wanted to pitch a sort of combination of nerfs and adjustments, some of them already pitched out but I'd just like to gauge the reaction to the change before going forward with them. Now, as I mentioned in the past, some of the elements of this guidebook (such as the whole existence of the Battle Mage, the magic flinging promotion for the Archer) was based off the Might&Magic series. So, what they've done in the Heroes games ever since the death of NWC and the rebirth through Ubisoft is a change to the Morale system. Whereas, before, Good Morale granted a unit a whole other turn straight up, in Heroes 5 and onwards, Good Morale gave them an additional Half turn; they could only move half as far, and they could only strike half as hard.

So what if, for an initial nerf to the Performers, the effect looked like this:
The character is able to play a song for any ally adjacent to the user who has already used their action. That character gains a bonus turn. During this bonus turn, their MOV is reduced by half (rounded up). If they make an attack during the bonus turn, their final damage after calculation is reduced by half (rounded up). If they use a staff during the bonus turn, the heal, range, and hit rate are all reduced by half (rounded up)

Alternately, it could just stop at "That character gains a bonus turn" and then Bonus Turn gets its own section in the Combat section.
To adjust for the range provided, perhaps Bard and Dancer could instead have their range look like this:
Trainee to First Class Level 10: 1 adjacent target
Level 11 to Promoted Level 10: 1 target at range 1-2, OR 2 targets on opposite sides of the performer (think Leanne from FE10) (the player can pick one)
Level 11 Promoted to Level 20 Promoted:  2 targets at range 1-2, OR all adjacent targets (based on what the player chose previously)

The changes to the Equippable performances will be a bit more...involved. Gonna have to give them a further look. But, as for the changes to the "bonus turn" Bards and Dancers can give, do these changes look to be a step in the right direction? (And given just how powerful an extra turn can be, do they even NEED their additional skill, "With A Little Bit" and "Boundless Stamina?")

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: June 17, 2015, 02:30:49 pm »

How about they can only attack OR make a full move again?

Also to answer your last question, no they don't :v

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: June 17, 2015, 02:32:14 pm »

I'm gonna stay with my own nerf because I'm a rebel v:

BMM42 and others will probably offer some tweaking on that, though. They're more open-minded to rule changes.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: June 17, 2015, 03:15:54 pm »

It seems like as good a nerf as any except for being much more complicated than what we had before. The nerf level is likely sufficient, but it's more GM fiddling than simply halving the number of total targets as Haspen did.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: June 17, 2015, 03:19:08 pm »

You mean this is more complicated than Haspen's Memory Magic which has him asking you what spell you wanna take every two levels? :v

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: June 17, 2015, 03:38:38 pm »

I'm gonna stay with my own nerf because I'm a rebel v:

BMM42 and others will probably offer some tweaking on that, though. They're more open-minded to rule changes.

You aren't a rebel, you're a luddite. :v
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: June 17, 2015, 03:50:18 pm »

You aren't a rebel, you're a luddite. :v

I might be a luddite, but I'm the one hosting most FEF games for your and others pleasure :3
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: June 17, 2015, 03:53:29 pm »

But your games aren't running yer too busy with sekret stoof v:

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: June 17, 2015, 04:11:34 pm »

They're playing with me for over two years now. There have been mucho longer hiatuses. Few days won't kill them :v
SigFlags!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: June 17, 2015, 04:48:34 pm »

I think Haspen has the better fix here- but i feel like it impacts their usefulness too much. I feel like they need something else to compensate- maybe a purely defensive ability? I dunno.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: June 17, 2015, 04:55:52 pm »

I think this has been said already but what about a cooldown? Long War recently inttoduced a refresh-like ability on officers that gives an extra move and works on cooldown/charge system.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: June 17, 2015, 05:01:24 pm »

I think this has been said already but what about a cooldown? Long War recently inttoduced a refresh-like ability on officers that gives an extra move and works on cooldown/charge system.

But what do they do while that recharges? They have no other abilities.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: June 17, 2015, 05:02:39 pm »

You people just love to overcomplicate simple problems instead of slapping down a simple solution and call it a day, eh? :P
SigFlags!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: June 17, 2015, 06:30:19 pm »

I've always been an advocate of more occasions where they get to use their Performance items. I fear they don't see enough use as it is.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: June 17, 2015, 08:02:47 pm »

But what do they do while that recharges? They have no other abilities.
Use items, use performance items, stand bravely in front of enemy arrows?

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 300