Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282052 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF2 HAS FINISHED!
« Reply #3105 on: September 13, 2016, 11:00:34 am »

Heh heh, alright, cool. That makes the geography all sorta fall in place, except one other question I have, which is where is The Holy Anahitist Empire? Northwest bordering the northern reaches and Glarus, Southwest bordering the Caliphate, and just across the sea on the other side of the summer isles to the west all seem to be possible locations (although not without a few things that give me pause) given the descriptions. Although I guess the river Unan part does imply that they are to the southwest bordering the caliphate.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:02:13 am by Criptfeind »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: September 13, 2016, 11:03:46 am »

Yeah, they're to the southwest, bordering Aen and the Caliphate. I'll add that to their write up. And I'll do a quick one for the Summer Isles too, since they're even further beyond that. Those Pegasuses flew a long way before they got to Glarus or Aen.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: September 13, 2016, 11:17:40 am »

Making map would help with confusion too

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3108 on: September 13, 2016, 11:18:27 am »

i'll have to take a look at that, though i have a character i've been wanting to use for a bit
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: September 13, 2016, 11:19:25 am »

Draw a map, it will solve lots of problems. And as far as the maps go, even one as simple as made by Solymr for Final Hour will do v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: September 13, 2016, 01:09:40 pm »

I think I'll be going with this for my gameplay changes, though that hasn't been finalized and I'm open to everyone's opinions. Hopefully it's all common-sense and I haven't missed any glaring errors or overpowered abilities. The most drastic change is the new level cap of 40, so I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on that. I never loved the mechanics of promotions resetting your level to 1 and the behaviours it encouraged, hence why I got rid of it completely. In my opinion a promotion item that you get early should be used early too, as a reward for taking risks and succeeded, instead of something you squirrel away until level 20.

Additionally I've made a custom class for the Lord of my game, so I might as well post that while I'm here. Get a little bit of feedback on that so that there's no complaints later. Though with a skill set entirely revolving around not-dying, I'd be surprised if that is the case.

Anyways. All that's left to do now is mapping and making mugs. The two things I was dreading the most.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:14:39 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3111 on: September 13, 2016, 01:16:58 pm »

using bonuses for split growths can get very silly very quickly, just fyi.

edit: on the same token, making ignis Cost makes it kinda weak due to it already necessitating investment in three stats to be effective

your modified Dragon Scales seems to render being a Wyvern Rider entirely pointless, unless Fire magic is planned to be super common. As is, that's a pretty narrow category to have bonus defenses against, and the whole point of being a wyvern instead of a pegasus is being generally more tanky than the former

Firebrand basically has Galeforce, which is questionable, though it has an important caveat, so idk.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:28:20 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: September 13, 2016, 01:27:29 pm »

"Civilized terrain" seems somewhat ambiguous but I guess that's perhaps something you can just specify on a map by map basis.

Also as dude who's wanting to play wyvern rider such a niche class skill (made even more niche by promotion stat bonuses... If you want a flying mage hunter, might as well make a Pegasus rider) makes me sad, but the class skill in the book clearly needs to be changed as well. It's certainly a change I can live with, but I guess I figured I'd say it feels like not have a class skill at all.

Edit: About the level 40 cap, although I have no practical experience in the area your reasons for the change seem reasonable to me and I do like the idea.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:38:44 pm by Criptfeind »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: September 13, 2016, 01:40:50 pm »

I've never been a believer in split progression bonuses either, since that rewards all rounders whereas those who focus on STR or MAG alone get no bonus. But at least you've made it so those bonuses and those from blossom can't contribute to it, so that's good.

Were it not for those bonuses, I'd say Ignis is better free than cost, but there you go.

I also agree with the sentiment that modifying Dragon Scales to give extra RES against fire magic and nothing else is really weird.

Nothing else is jumping out at me at the moment but I did just come off of a MGSV rage quit so eh.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: September 13, 2016, 01:51:25 pm »

Would not recommend creating a class without getting actual feedback on the class which is impossible to do without knowing what's going on with it.

Horse archer is a very silly name just go bow knight and ranger at that point.
Sellsword and mercenary is same thing different name btw
Ignis shouldn't be cost for reasons murdoc said
Might want to include hills in what levitation doesn't affect
Really only civilized cost that has mov increase is pillars for fencer
You've made inspiration into charisma. Not a huge fan especially since shaman has very similar skill and gets a buff from theirs
That's a huge buff to leaf on the wind wouldn't suggest doing that
That's a huuuuge nerf to wyvern. At the very least give it against wind magic like 1.2

Inquisitors change is more powerful than base and pretty op.
Not a fan if holy guard skill passive healing people
Mage knight change is not great because it forces them to be mixed basically

In general I'd say changing class names purely for flavor is a good way to cause confusion especially since you can give your enemies good names without changing class names. I'd caution against doing that. I'd also suggest taking a look at the games that are using 1.3 and comparing changes. A lot of the changes you made are either way powerful or way weakening without a lot in the middle. Obviously this is my opinion and you can feel free to ignore some or all of it

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: September 13, 2016, 01:53:08 pm »

Oh yeah nerfed galeforce is still real strong

Edit: also may have missed but would suggest making wyvern weak to ether thunder or wind because otherwise like 1/3 of the game is weak to them.

Also I prolly came off slightly harsh in my last post sorry if that's the case but I do think you need to balance things a bit better.

Lord class I think is missing some points on promo. Only has 11 but then has 16 on promo which I think is too many. (Including con every class gets the same number of stats leveled up)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:03:43 pm by Swordstar »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: September 13, 2016, 02:01:28 pm »

Why is the lord a special class?
Are they going to be a player? In which case, it's a bit odd. You can give them their plot powers without making them a whole new class. It's also a brand new class with no feedback for secret reasons, and that's not great.
I'm not massively fond of one character being hugely more important than all the others, as then you're in trouble if that player, well, leaves, or isn't as active as you'd hoped.

Despite planning a performer, I don't really like the autoequiping weapons thing. Should everyone with a bow equip a melee weapon, too, or should an archer switch to a longbow automatically if they're attacked at range 3?

Sol is really good. It does raise a question though. When crits do 100 damage to an enemy ewith max 30 health, is 15 healed or 50?

Ignis is nerfed by being cost to not being worthwhile.

I... am also leaning towards disagreeing with split growths.

Would not recommend creating a class without getting actual feedback on the class which is impossible to do without knowing what's going on with it.

Horse archer is a very silly name just go bow knight and ranger at that point.
Sellsword and mercenary is same thing different name btw
Ignis shouldn't be cost for reasons murdoc said
Might want to include hills in what levitation doesn't affect
Really only civilized cost that has mov increase is pillars for fencer
You've made inspiration into charisma. Not a huge fan especially since shaman has very similar skill and gets a buff from theirs
That's a huge buff to leaf on the wind wouldn't suggest doing that
That's a huuuuge nerf to wyvern. At the very least give it against wind magic like 1.2

Inquisitors change is more powerful than base and pretty op.
Not a fan if holy guard skill passive healing people
Mage knight change is not great because it forces them to be mixed basically

In general I'd say changing class names purely for flavor is a good way to cause confusion especially since you can give your enemies good names without changing class names. I'd caution against doing that. I'd also suggest taking a look at the games that are using 1.3 and comparing changes. A lot of the changes you made are either way powerful or way weakening without a lot in the middle. Obviously this is my opinion and you can feel free to ignore some or all of it

Would agree with all of this, actually.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3117 on: September 13, 2016, 02:03:53 pm »

Following game mechanics, Sol only heals based on damage actually dealt, so it would be 15.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: September 13, 2016, 02:06:27 pm »

Autoequip on staff is a standard thing, I'm fine with that. Difference is theoretically you could equip something you can't counter with (sword v bow, magic v longbow) vs your example

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: September 13, 2016, 02:42:01 pm »

Thinking a bit more on level 40 stuff, tbh I'm not a fan. This is largely because it's going to promote an unfair balance in the group. Some people will get access to promotion items sooner than others and since promoting early no longer has any drawbacks, they have no reason to not promote asap. That means that not only are they instantly significantly stronger than the others in the party, but they will continue to likely be stronger as they'll have more levels with the extra growth that comes with promotion. It's got no drawbacks and will be straight benefits to people who are lucky enough to get their items first

Edit: to further clarify, it becomes a balance problem. Ignoring the extra growth, promotion is essentially three good levels plus access to better skills, better weapons, and higher support levels. So at that point you either balance around the weaker pcs and let the promoted ones stomp around the field or you balance around the promoted ones and you leave the unpromoted ones doing their best not to die while likely not contributing much.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:49:47 pm by Swordstar »
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 300