Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 272213 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Handbook v2.3.1 is here!
« Reply #4425 on: February 11, 2020, 05:32:52 pm »

Try asking in our discord, I know I have seen it around somewhere and other people might have it+tips on how to use it and make your own.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: February 11, 2020, 05:47:04 pm »

I never managed to get that thing to work in the first place. So maybe add a guide on it too.
Huh, well the one from this link worked just fine. I downloaded and double-clicked the jar file and it loaded straight away.

I see that there's also a github project for the same thing.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: February 11, 2020, 05:56:39 pm »

Jar jar jar, what even is a .jar file.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: February 11, 2020, 06:01:16 pm »

Jar jar jar, what even is a .jar file.
Seems to the Java equivalent to a .exe. It's a program that runs when you open it!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: February 11, 2020, 06:01:47 pm »

Not for me given I have no java software..

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: February 11, 2020, 06:14:28 pm »

Depending on your computing environment, it's not difficult to set up, you just download java.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: March 04, 2020, 09:48:17 am »

It's about time I got off my ass with the poll, and so from now on Saints will have Sacrifice and Staff Mastery, limited to two uses of one staff in one turn.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: March 04, 2020, 10:36:58 am »

Also, in games where gold may not be a thing, Scavengers will have a different skill:

Top Off: When the Scavenger reduces an enemy to 0 HP in combat, they may regain one use on a consumable item in their inventory, excluding Elixirs. If the Scavenger has no consumables in their inventory below max uses, they instead gain a 1/3 vulnerary in an open inventory space if there is one.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
FEF Calculator V1
« Reply #4433 on: March 09, 2020, 12:39:47 am »

Fire Emblem on Forums Calculator

I have made a prototype of a Fire Emblem Calculator, and I need your help in testing it.

So far I have implemented:
- Character creation to trainee level
- Freeform character editing
- Importing and exporting character sheets
- Most character skills
- Terrain
- Various effects from dancing or items
and, most importantly:
- Battling!

The battling system pits an attacker vs a defender, you make both beforehand with the character creator, or import other people's creations. This test version has one character sheet included and a few enemy templates. V2 will have more.

Here is the file.
It's currently a gblorb, which you'll need a glulxe interpreter to run. Download info for a windows interpreter can be found here. Info on interpreters for other systems can be seen here. I'll look to upload a web version of V1 in the next few days so people can try this out in their browser of choice.

The project is on github, if you would like to make your own fixes and changes, feel free to make pull requests! You'll find the source code and instructions for compiling it yourself.

Testing

If you do test it, please fill out the test spreadsheet. It has a sheet which lists a number of tests that need to be performed to test the current features, and it has a sheet for describing bugs you come across. I've gone ahead and put in some known issues to start. (I've made the sheet public because I trust that you're all good eggs, please don't sabotage it. I have copies so no real harm if it does get messed up.)

Look for a feature that hasn't been tested yet and give it a try and write up what you experienced and any issues. When you come across bugs and missing features, list them on the bug page. Skim over the existing bugs to make sure you're not making a dupe.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 10:17:40 am by notquitethere »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF Calculator beta is out!
« Reply #4434 on: March 09, 2020, 09:38:05 am »

So Merc's had Mordhau (exchange final crit for damage at 5:1 ratio) for a while and it may just not be useful enough, so an alternative to it could be Alpha Strike: +3 DMG and +10 Crit against enemies at full HP.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: May 18, 2020, 04:50:15 pm »

Oh yeah, forgot to make the announcement in here: I'm running Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums now! It uses a disgustingly custom handbook, a mistake 13 months in the making. Signups last until June 7.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: June 10, 2020, 05:29:55 pm »

A Treatise on Affinity Buffs to bring Affinities more Value in an Animae Dominant Support-Game.

Light and Dark, +2 DG.
Thunder, +2 Crit.
Ice, +1.5 Evade.
Water gets +0.5 Hit/Evade.
Heaven gets+ 0.5 Evade.
Earth gets 0.5 Hit.
Heaven and Earth may also receive a modification to +2.5 Crit/DG instead of 5 DG. (Due to talk of enemies not having high enough Crit for so much DG to matter in most cases)

On it's own, not much, but the .5s fit with other Affinities. While not boosting them too far with what they already have.
Light and Dark are counterpoints, so granting them a bit of DG does boost them to be near Fire, Wind, and Anima.
Thunder, like the spells tend to have a bit of crit. Thunder is a bit more focused on DR/Evade/DG though, so maybe 2.5 crit? 2 seems balanced enough though to make it a valid pick.
Ice is Defensive with 1.0 DR, so adding 1.5 Evade seems logical enough to boost it a smidgen. Also works with other evade supports.
Water is a jack of all, so .5 Hit/Evade is decent with it's .5 Dmg/DR. Kinda boosts it to be the anima of Jack-of-all-Trades, cable of supporting with anyone.
Heaven/Earth get .5 in either evade/hit, respectively. This means they can better support with other affinities while maintaining their specialties. *One might also consider messing with their DG to 2.5 Crit/2.5 DG.*

In this manner, supports tend to give a positive bonus no matter what the combination. So Anima is no longer as valuable all round due to the other affinities having received minor buffs which combine well with each other.

Heaven and Earth for example are complimentary granting 6 Hit/Evade and 5 Crit/Dodge.

Dark and Light each grant minor DG along with their normal bonuses. This makes them more valuble to pick.

Ice gets more defensive with the added Evade, which pairs well with Wind and Dark.

Thunder's is simpler, just adding a bit of crit to it's DR/Evade/DG. It works with Light for balence, and Water, which now can grant +3 Evade rather than the 2.5 Evade it would grant before. And +1 Hit too on the second support.(Kinda a weak pairing.) It can also choose to pair with Ice, which is a very good defensive pairing now thanks to Ice's 1.5 Evade and granting DR.(Which describes the main focus, making combinations better as a whole rather than focu entirely on Crit-supporting.) Whcih brings up Wind as a valid option, with the crit buff to Thunder and the Eva already present.

Water now has +0.5 DMG/DR/Hit/Evade, and +5 DG. 0.5 Hit/Dodge is extremely minor, but makes Water the best for overall pairigs. The only one it doesn't entirely get along with is Anima's straight DMG/Crit, only granting straightforward bonuses at B and S rank.. (That is where the beauty of it comes in, since stats can end up with .5 Hit/Evade left over, which would normally be rounded down.)  For the others, Water works with Fire/Wind/Light/Dark/Thunder/Heaven/Earth. A rather large buff, but also a very small one. Jack of all, master of none.

Heaven gets +0.5 Eva, Earth gets +0.5 Hit. (Likewise, 2.5 Crit/Dodge being their new numbers, with agreement) For the ones mentioned, it mostly translates to a buff on an Affinity that may not be of use. Such high Hit/Evade is useful, sure, but compared to the others which recieved a buff, receiving a buff meant to work with other Affinities is a no brainer. They fit with those that have a +.5 in that stat, respectively.

For the Crit/DG modification that would need discussion. It would make them the most overall effective Affinities for support, supplanting Anima in some ways due to being good for either connecting or evading hits. Balanced, useful Affinities. Not that this would be a bad thing thematically. Earth Seals and Heaven Seals come to mind.
However, compared to other buffed Affinities and existing Affinities, they all have advantages now in their own ways. And all work in Supports.

Notes
This is mostly in thought that Anime(Anima) is dominating the Support Game. So, rather than just making a patch job of granting +2.5 Crit/Evade to all(even the purer defensive affinites), I thought of how to buff them to make the others have better Value in the Support Game. Fire, Wind, and Anima were fine, especially Anima. Giving Buffs to the others now means that Anima is not the Be-all/End-all choice.
Supporting Characters now have options other than just picking Anima(or other Crit boosters) to help out damage dealers deal damage. Defensive Characters have better options. And Offensive Characters have more options. Rather than all Affinities becoming alike, all Affinities grew closer to each other, better able to work with each other. More Unique Supports can occur as a result.

Looking at them, Light and Dark seem a mishmash, but now more so with the DG. So they are definitely Unique picks. More a result of a note that enemies don't tend to have high crit rates, so for the average PC, Dark and Light are useful options rather than full DG if you don't want to deal with stray crits. Heaven and Earth would also do that if they get modified to 2.5 Crit/DG, though with a different focus with Light/Dark still having Crit. Thunder meanwhile has added 2 Crit to it's 5 DG.

Think that's about all my rambling, are they decently thought out buffs? A lot more random in the middle than the Half +5 Crit / Half +5 DG, but that isn't a bad thing with Anima around in the current Support Meta. A good deal better to defensive and support builds than 2.5 Crit/DG on all affinities though. Far too sameish while not adding options other than Anima and occasionally Ice..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 05:33:32 pm by TricMagic »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: June 10, 2020, 07:58:11 pm »

While I would normally advocate for buffing instead of nerfing, I'm of the opinion that Supports are already disgustingly powerful. It represents an avenue of power that doesn't have a counter, broadly, for the enemy side, and that being the case I think reducing the power of all affinities would be prudent, rather than bringing everything up to the level of Anima.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: June 11, 2020, 04:27:32 am »

Hard no to boosting already too strong of a system.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: June 11, 2020, 07:17:39 am »

Then would a Debuff work to reduce Crit/DG to 2.5 or 3? Or just Crit. That would make Anima and the other crit options less powerful, while DG has been noted as too much already and isn't as affected.
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 300