Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I need good FPS games, please help.  (Read 2359 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: I need good FPS games, please help.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 01:47:44 am »

Doom. Get it on Steam for the WADs, then load those in Zdoom with whatever enhancements you choose. Strife is also Zdoom-compatible, and probably one of my favorites. There's also plenty of quality fanmade WADs like Batman Doom that are compatible with Zdoom.

The Jedi Knight series, although they're closer to action-adventure than FPS in later installments.

Deus Ex is a must-have all around, although it is probably a very large download.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 01:54:31 am »

I suggest you use GZdoom instead of regular Zdoom. It is much more powerful and can run a shit-ton of mods. On the topic of mods, if you get Doom, try out Reelism!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 01:56:24 am »

I think batman doom might actually break on zdoom/gzdoom these days. Though... To be blunt I feel it hasn't aged well at all. Doom is great anyway on it's own. Even if you don't source port it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 02:25:51 am »

Steam says the first Deus Ex should only need 150 MB, which sounds about right. Its cutscenes are rendered with the in-game engine, rather than pre-recorded.

It's also on sale for only $2.79 for the next 33 hours.

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 05:25:52 am »

Have you ever tried non-modern-FPSes or do you just not like how they look?
Not sure why this is a problem...

Its the because of the weapons, playing modern shooters feels nice because I get the idea that I'm holding the same gun currently used in a war zone and killing the other team with it, and the pacing, you have to run and gun unlike in WW2 shooters where the game play is (to me) slow.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2014, 12:36:23 pm »

WW2 shooters are not the same thing as non-modern-FPSes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q6UQ2QlRH0

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 12:25:02 am »

Maybe Counter-Strike?
This. If you can run BF2, CS is your best bet for high-quality multiplayer FPS fun times. You should probably do a bit of research first to decide whether you want to get 1.6 or Source (GO might be a bit much, haven't checked the spec reqs in a long time).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 01:52:04 am »

I think Insurgency could work for you, I don't think it requires much of a machine to run. Or as someone else suggested, you can try Quake Live, but the game has a huge skill ceiling and players are good :)

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 06:49:32 am »

I think Insurgency could work for you, I don't think it requires much of a machine to run. Or as someone else suggested, you can try Quake Live, but the game has a huge skill ceiling and players are good :)

Found it yesterday :D great game! I also downloaded Quake 3 but I haven't tried playing on multiplayer! thanks.

Maybe Counter-Strike?
This. If you can run BF2, CS is your best bet for high-quality multiplayer FPS fun times. You should probably do a bit of research first to decide whether you want to get 1.6 or Source (GO might be a bit much, haven't checked the spec reqs in a long time).

CS is great! thanks!

----------------------
I found what I needed! thank you all for your help, I'll lock this once I find out how.
Pages: 1 [2]