Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90]

Author Topic: BoundWorlds: An action-adventure game with an insanely powerful level editor  (Read 139554 times)

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: BoundWorlds: Starting a tutorial series for the world editor
« Reply #1335 on: September 01, 2019, 12:15:47 am »

Hello! Cool game you have there. I think the link to chara's project is wrong. It should be charas-project.net. Or I'm just ignorant and missed the "real" one.

When I try to accesses the website Microsoft Edge just shows the loading icon for a while, then pretends it's loaded. But it's just a white screen. Maybe it has something to do with my crappy internet connection or the fact that I'm in China. Maybe you can check?

Anyways, great job!

Edit: Also, what do you use for pixel art?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 12:28:29 am by IonMatrix »
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 01, 2019, 12:55:59 am »

Nah, that link is broken. I don’t recall, was the license on it one BoundWorlds can use anyway?

On the topic of pixel art, you can use anything you can upload (and legally use with licensing), or anything that’s already been uploaded. A lot of what I’ve used is from opengameart.org.

I wouldn’t know about the other issue since I just use it, but hope it turns out to be an easy fix.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 12:57:55 am by Kamani »
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 01, 2019, 03:58:53 am »

Oh. When I said "the website", I meant Boundworlds. No idea what I was thinking there.

Also, I meant what software you recommend for pixel art. I guess I have crappy english skills.
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1338 on: September 01, 2019, 04:05:03 am »

Odd issue, BoundWorlds seems to work fine in Edge, although I recommend Chrome. The website has changed (it's now boundworlds.com) but the old page should redirect you automatically... Maybe you have an issue with automatic redirects?

I use Paint.NET for image editing, although I mostly get graphics from OpenGameArt.org.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BoundWorlds: Legendary Dungeons
« Reply #1339 on: January 03, 2020, 04:27:44 am »

Haven't posted here in a while, but BoundWorlds is still growing.

I recently created a complete Zelda-inspired dungeon creator package, which will make creating new worlds a lot easier.  Check it out.

Legendary Dungeons Video

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BoundWorlds: An action-adventure game with an insanely powerful level editor
« Reply #1340 on: December 14, 2020, 01:06:46 pm »

Been a while since I last posted here, but lots of new features have been added:

You can now create a profile page and browse the pages of other world builders
Cumulative Traveler Points and Creator Points are shown on your profile
Object editor overhaul - object properties are now better organized in terms of importance, which should hopefully make creating objects easier to learn
Sprite centering has more options and works better, and the GUI for animation editing is more intuitive
Significant improvements to the combat system - melee attacks, auto-blocking and dodging can be added to units without getting into custom techniques
Directional, breakable shields and super armor with various parameters can be added to techniques
Creating custom weapons is much less convoluted
QOL improvements to Creator Tools

I've also just added BoundWorlds to Itch.io, so if you would check it out there and give it a like that would be much appreciated!
https://indigofenix.itch.io/boundworlds
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90]