Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 90

Author Topic: BoundWorlds: An action-adventure game with an insanely powerful level editor  (Read 141332 times)

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
Re: BoundWorlds Update: Random encounters are a sign of lazy design
« Reply #960 on: June 13, 2018, 01:58:15 pm »

Ohh. So that is what that issue was about. I figured I had just set up my cutscene wrong. Thanks.

Okay. Good. Thanks.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #961 on: June 14, 2018, 11:41:57 am »

I've made some improvements to sprite motion, making it more intuitive and less buggy.  Speed will properly describe a sprite's top speed now, and some issues related to homing attacks and flying creatures not aiming properly have been fixed.  Some existing creatures may move faster now and may need adjustment.  (Player's default speed is 2.5)

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 14, 2018, 02:51:10 pm »

Cool.

I seem to be having an issue with flowcharts. I have dialogue that is appearing 4 times (even though I deleted it and replaced it). It seems that it isn't going away, even when I delete it, and then, when I added a new one (which I tried several times, since it worked on the first two dialogue options), a new one showed up. This is present in the Will dialogue, with "Okay." showing up four times in the first dialogue instead of one. Rather annoying.

Edit: Remy's check dialogue also seems to do the same.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 14, 2018, 04:13:08 pm »

Hm, it looks like deleting flowchart nodes doesn't delete links to that node, which means the node continues to exist abstractly.  You can cancel flowchart links by clicking on the question mark, then clicking on the same node - this fixes the problem.  I'll work on getting it to cancel them automatically.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 14, 2018, 04:15:40 pm »

Okay. Thanks. I guess I’ll judt have to delete and remake anything with ghost links for now.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 14, 2018, 04:52:10 pm »

You don't have to do that; wherever you have extra links just cancel the links in the node before it.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 14, 2018, 04:54:38 pm »

Well, the things they were linked to are dialogue that I already got rid of, so I don’t know if that would still work.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 14, 2018, 04:56:46 pm »

Okay. Thanks.

Edit: Just fixed it. Thanks.

Edit:
A. Now I am double wondering what Kiovenn is working on (they put up some new public image files).
B. Lusuria is getting pretty close to done for now (only two and a half characters I presently know will live in town are left, although I suspect I will end up adding some more (not counting the one who won't be available until the dungeon is done). It feels a quite sparse to me right now), so yay. Don't think it is going to turn out as well as it could, but I'm new at building a town, so that's okay. I should get it done in two-three days, and then the dungeon should go pretty fast (after all, I already have the planning done this time). I'm feeling a bit more motivated than usual, so I want to try to have it done by the end of June or so (I started in December, so it would be nice to get on to the next dungeon. That, and I feel like I should have gotten it finished already had I been putting in a reasonable amount of effort). If I manage that, then that means I can actually get this project going. I mean, 10 dungeons won't be fast by any stretch of the imagination, but it shouldn't take 10 years for me to do so.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 02:16:27 am by Kamani »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 17, 2018, 07:46:19 am »

That'll be cool.  I still suggest making Lusuria public before finishing the dungeon.  I'd like there to be more worlds with interesting characters in general; of course I haven't made many myself because most of my creations have been for the purpose of testing new mechanics, but storytelling is supposed to be the main draw of BoundWorlds.

Kiovenn is making an area called "Magma Forge" and another called "quarry" which both sound pretty dwarfy and thus makes me suspect they are probably someone on the Bay12 forums, but I can't be certain.  Whoever they are, it's a pretty neat and visually complex area.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 17, 2018, 10:26:01 am »

Thanks. I still plan on doing so.

Yeah, sounds pretty dwarfy. From the one bit of it in the trailer. I’m not surprised that it is visually complex. The brief glimpse looked the part.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 17, 2018, 01:51:08 pm »

I fixed up some of the issues with the loading.  It's still not quite as efficient as I'd like, but it doesn't get stuck in the middle.

I'm also adding some extra functions to sounds.  You can alter the playback speed of music using {_room._music._speed}.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 17, 2018, 10:44:26 pm »

Good. That should be a real useful fix.

That reminds me. I need to actually start putting music into Lusuria and the dungeon.

I also need to see if there are any good doors for the style of Hyptosis Tiles. Back to OpenGameArt for me.
Edit: Forgot that you had added some tilesets with doors. Delayed thanks.

Edit: Having really, really slow running again. The loading is fine, but the actual running is awful. Not sure why, but it makes it pretty impossible to do anything.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 11:27:17 pm by Kamani »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 18, 2018, 12:38:10 am »

That's odd...it looks like the published version is slower than the development version despite them being identical.

I re-uploaded it and it seems to be fine now.  Don't know what went wrong.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 18, 2018, 12:39:41 am »

Weird. At least it was a pretty easy fix I suppose. Glad it is better now.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 90