Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Wrecked Land [SG]  (Read 10857 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Wrecked Land [SG]
« on: March 31, 2014, 05:09:51 am »

The cold bites. Your wet clothing clings to your skin, draining you of warmth like a bunch of sexually-agressive fabric vampires.

You cough out a wad of mud, then throw up saltwater. Sputtering, you get up, sway from side to side, and throw up again.

You are on a pebble beach, just a few meters above the tideline. There are no moons in the sky today. It is cold and dark. There is a rocky crag in front of you; you can hear trees swaying above. To the left, there's a light in the distance, shining steadily.

You remember how you got here: the engine of the great ship running out of control, crowds rushing for the lifeboats, a burly man in an Ergee uniform pushing you away from them, shouting something incoherent. The cold, cold water. Drowning. Well, not entirely, it seems.

But who are you? What's your name? Are you a man, a woman, or an indef? What did you do before making that voyage, and whom did you want to visit?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked Land [SG]
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:04:46 am »

Cathrin DeCatrel
woman
Studied the possibility of runic magic.
Our colleague in America with whom we were going to share the breakthrough of getting some runes of light to glow.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 12:14:32 pm »

Fredric Owlbury, a man of incredible fortitude, able to survive even being shipwrecked!
A scholarly man, Frederic was involved with researching cutting edge ocean-craft, and was on the ship to judge it's seafaring abilities. He is also very fond of wildlife studies.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 02:09:06 pm »

"Danger" Jackson, a hitman that only took on the most dangerous of targets. He boarded the ship so that he could visit his next target.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 02:13:25 pm »

Fredric Owlbury, a man of incredible fortitude, able to survive even being shipwrecked!
A scholarly man, Frederic was involved with researching cutting edge ocean-craft, and was on the ship to judge it's seafaring abilities. He is also very fond of wildlife studies.
+1.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 02:44:03 pm »

((Is it bad/weird that in adventures with semi-nebulous settings I always try and railroad it into runic magic. It's mostly because most magic systems are based almost entirely on "standard" spells but still..))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 02:48:53 pm »

((Is it bad/weird that in adventures with semi-nebulous settings I always try and railroad it into runic magic. It's mostly because most magic systems are based almost entirely on "standard" spells but still..))
Oh, it's not that nebulous - the world is defined, you just don't get told until you ask. Your character knows what's going on, you don't until I tell you.

Well, still. I'm off to sleep now, will check on it in the morning and count votes and stuff.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 03:17:44 pm »

I agree. +1!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 03:23:55 pm »

Oh, it's not that nebulous - the world is defined, you just don't get told until you ask. Your character knows what's going on, you don't until I tell you.

Well, still. I'm off to sleep now, will check on it in the morning and count votes and stuff.
((Can there be a runic magic system anyway? I've never seen an in-depth and good one since Bizarre Slime and their system was pre-discovered by mankind so it wasn't as interactive as it would be if we couldn't wright it off as the player knowing what they're doing.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 10:23:21 pm »

I agree. +1!
This, only with runic magic as the hobby.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 01:20:00 am »

You are Fredric Owlbury, an Isandan citizen and a naval engineer, gender def.M. You search one soggy pocket and discover that your passport and your military registry ticket are still with you, confirming you as an officer of the Naval Reserve. Pure formality - all naval engineers have one. You were on the cruise ship Whitecross as an inspector. You think it failed the inspection so hard. Your opinion of corpuscular splitter engines has just taken a nosedive.

You have dedicated quite a lot of time to wildlife studies as a means of broadening your education, and you can identify most species of animals at a glance. You also have some understanding of patterncraft, divulged to you by your cousin, who works in the Secret Service. You can still see her pale face smiling at you over the remains of a steel kitchen counter, half-melted by the strange sigil she had drawn in the dust.

You shiver and search your pockets again. Your gas lighter is still with you, thankfully, and after some shaking, it produces a small tongue of flame. You look around again. In front of you is a natural rock face, stretching right and left. Above, you can hear trees creaking in the wind. To the right, a light burns evenly in the distance. You are cold.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 01:39:00 am »

I think we must slowly run along the beach to heat up a bit. It is possible to go up the rock, but not in the dark. And remaining on place will get us killed. So, left or right?
Run to the right
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 11:07:21 am »

If everybody (who am I kidding) agrees, I'll update it now.
Note: if an action if small, I will write it in without voting. For example: three people say "Board a train and go south" and another guy adds, "And check your wallet". I will run both actions.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 11:33:24 am »

((I'm confused will we or will we not at some point discover and research runic magics? I mean Aseaheru at least agrees that rune magic is cool so is this happening or not although i may still choose to lurk just in case you lie about the plan for the future (which as GM you have every right to) just because I'm bad at this kind of game.))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 11:41:45 am »

((I'm confused will we or will we not at some point discover and research runic magics? I mean Aseaheru at least agrees that rune magic is cool so is this happening or not although i may still choose to lurk just in case you lie about the plan for the future (which as GM you have every right to) just because I'm bad at this kind of game.))
There is something resembling runic magic, yes, and you know a bit of the theory, even though it's mostly classified. Right now your our hero's primary interest is not dying of hypothermia, however.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11