Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You are the head of a Hydra III (5/8 Application Spots filled)  (Read 3729 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

You feel the presence of your brethren and sistren at the back of your mind as you come to consciousness.  Instinctively, you all know that it is the time.  You begin scraping at the shell, as your siblings begin to do so in their own.  You use your full might at this task, and eventually, you are rewarded with a sliver of light and a small cracking sound.  You redouble your efforts, forcing the crack open ever further.  You know that some of the others are beginning to fail, but some have already made their way out and are beginning to help those who are having difficulty.  Eventually, the shell breaks utterly, and you are slightly blinded by the light.  You then crawl out of the shell, and take your first look at the world you have entered...

Spoiler: Hydras in this setting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)

I'm going to accept any and all applicants that come along and wish to join, if they come before the first turn later applicants will have to wait some time before they can show up.  I'm not going to specify when the first turn is going to be put up, in order to prevent those who wish to play from putting it off and missing their chance, but know that there is going to be a time limit on when it will show up.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 10:09:29 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are the head of a Hydra III (From the top!)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 05:47:03 pm »

Spoiler: Goldie (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 08:32:20 pm »

Name: Maxwell
Most Prevalent Aspect: Scientific Curiosity
Element: Air
Appearance: Purple at the head slowly tuning to cobalt blue down the body, has wings, sharp spines going from the top of his head to the tip of his tail, long tail, small frame and rather dextrous while still muscular, mid-length sharp claws.
Personality: Somewhat awkward (to others) in that he is mostly silent and logical when asked his opinion but whenever he sees someone or something do something he doesn't know about he immediately begins loudly questioning and theorizing on how it works.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:08:10 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 08:51:33 pm »

Most Prevalent Aspect: Science

Science isn't an aspect of personalities.  'Curiosity' is the closest I can think of.

Appearance: (I'm mildly confused if these are classical hydras with multiple head and if so how much does our description effect? Is it just our head and neck and the rest is a vote or what?)

These are recently born quasi-customized hydras.  You have one head right now, and you should describe as a dragon would look.  Additional heads will come up later as others are killed, and the head of that hydra regrows on another one of its clutchmates.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 08:55:00 pm »

Wait, are we choosing whole hydras and not just heads so far?

I don't think anything in mine needs to be changed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 03:35:41 pm »

Wait, are we choosing whole hydras and not just heads so far?

As of now, every player starts as a single headed hydra.  More heads will be gained as other players die.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 07:41:29 am »

Well, I was hoping that this would get more applicants than what have come in so far...I don't want to move the start date back, but I also don't want to start with only 2 players...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 09:51:43 am »

When is the start date?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 09:53:08 am »

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 11:37:20 am »

Name: Badger
Most Prevalent Aspect: Bloodthirst/Fury
Element: Earth
Appearance: Black & White striped head (The long way), with thin, spiny gray scales covering his body. His Neck is incredibly short, almost having no neck due to his incredibly muscular body. He has long, tough claws suitable for digging and rending, and does not have wings. His face has a defined snout, flaring back into a rather flat face with eyes looking like the eye of an oncoming storm.
Personality: His rage consumes him- rage at the world for no reason. He wishes to ravage the holds of the world, and slaughter the people. He knows no pain, and any attempts to inflict pain on him are met by an even more intense fury, and usually the offender ends up dead over the space of a few acres. Any attempts to persuade Badger away from massacre and ferocity are futile.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 04:37:45 pm »

Name: Badger
Most Prevalent Aspect: Bloodthirst/Fury
Element: Earth
Appearance: Black & White striped head (The long way), with thin, spiny gray scales covering his body. His Neck is incredibly short, almost having no neck due to his incredibly muscular body. He has long, tough claws suitable for digging and rending, and does not have wings. His face has a defined snout, flaring back into a rather flat face with eyes looking like the eye of an oncoming storm.
Personality: His rage consumes him- rage at the world for no reason. He wishes to ravage the holds of the world, and slaughter the people. He knows no pain, and any attempts to inflict pain on him are met by an even more intense fury, and usually the offender ends up dead over the space of a few acres. Any attempts to persuade Badger away from massacre and ferocity are futile.

Looks like some violence in the early turns is to be expected.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 04:57:16 pm »

There are four types of Elemental abilities
Recharge (how quickly your elemental stamina restores)
Stamina (how long you can use your element)
Speed (how quickly you can use your element)
What is the fourth? Also, how do you decide who gets a new head if there is more than one possibility and when they regenerate they keep their personality right? Also also, how will late applicants be handled?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 05:09:56 pm »

What is the fourth? Also, how do you decide who gets a new head if there is more than one possibility and when they regenerate they keep their personality right? Also also, how will late applicants be handled?

I originally intended for four, but I realized the fourth overlapped too much with another, so I removed it.
Dice roll.
Yep.
Therein lies a problem.  I don't want new hydras to appear out of nowhere, so I either have to a) use NPC (Since I can't predict how many players there will be, and I don't know how I would handle those heads without being bias to some players, this is undesirable) or b) applicants after the first turn have to wait until the next generation of hydras (likely a loooong time, if ever).  I'm going with the latter, due to wanting all hydras of the 'hive' to be PC's, so when the first turn goes up Friday, there can be no more applicants.  After the first turn, I could retroactively edit a couple of people in if they provide an action with their app (I would prefer not to have to do this since I gave people nearly a week, so unless they were offline the whole time, they should have been able to see this.), but beyond turn 2, that is no longer an option.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 05:29:45 pm »

I originally intended for four, but I realized the fourth overlapped too much with another, so I removed it.
Dice roll.
Yep.
Therein lies a problem.  I don't want new hydras to appear out of nowhere, so I either have to a) use NPC (Since I can't predict how many players there will be, and I don't know how I would handle those heads without being bias to some players, this is undesirable) or b) applicants after the first turn have to wait until the next generation of hydras (likely a loooong time, if ever).  I'm going with the latter, due to wanting all hydras of the 'hive' to be PC's, so when the first turn goes up Friday, there can be no more applicants.  After the first turn, I could retroactively edit a couple of people in if they provide an action with their app (I would prefer not to have to do this since I gave people nearly a week, so unless they were offline the whole time, they should have been able to see this.), but beyond turn 2, that is no longer an option.
Is it possible at least early on that there may be some unhatched eggs that new PCs can hatch from.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Is it possible at least early on that there may be some unhatched eggs that new PCs can hatch from.

All eggs reached the hatching point at the same time, and those who were losing the struggle of breaking out of the egg are being assisted by others.  All would be out over the course of the time between Turn 0 and Turn 1.
Pages: [1] 2