Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 4 - Game Over!  (Read 51362 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
King of the Mafia 4 - Round 4 - Game Over!
« on: April 01, 2014, 06:16:30 pm »

Leafsnail is co-moderating.

Almost a year has passed since the augmentation of ToonyKing, and his health is becoming buggy. We shall begin the 4th iteration!

The previous games can be found here:
King of the Mafia 3
King of the Mafia 2
King of the Mafia 1 - Second Thread

Rules
Shamelessly stolen from Leafsnail:
Welcome to King of the Mafia, your chance to win the fabulous crown of this subforum!  The rules are below.  They were originally written by Dakarian and have been edited by webadict and me (my edits are in italics).
You think you've proven yourself, child?  "Oh my, I won as town!"  Meh, that's easy with a whole army at your back and power roles you can abuse.   "But I've beaten the town as Mafia!"  PHAH!  With friends and a horribly weak town.

But can you do both?  Can you take down the mafia with 6 others, then turn around as mafia and BEAT those 6 to a pulp?  Can you pick just the perfect role-braving additions caused by an evil mod-that will not only help you as town but also as scum?  Can you fight off endless waves of people, including those you've killed? 

Well then step on the hill and see if you have what it takes to be King of the Mafia.

Spoiler: Basic Rules:  READ! (click to show/hide)

Specialized Rules:

Inning is not required to sign up.  To sign up read only the first two pages of Xylbot's role list and choose ONE role from there (and PM it to me).  You will then be assigned with that role, with a possibility of additional features based on balance or tomfoolery(though nothing hidden).

Once 7 people have signed up, the game begins.  A random person will be picked as KING MAFIA and will be given, on top of their role, the Mafiakill.  The First Round ONLY will start with a kill-less Night (that is all killing abilities will be disabled).

From there, the game continues.  During the game, anyone else can Sign up to be put on a queue. Game will play like a standard mafia game.  If you die at any time, you may Sign up again, though others who haven't played that round will have priority.

If King Mafia is killed at any time, the round ends.  Those in queue will take the place of those that died to refill the ranks back to 7 (those still alive remain), a new KING MAFIA will be picked, and the game will start on the next phase (Old round ends in Day, new round starts at Night...)

Play continues until KING MAFIA succeeds in being the ONLY one alive.  Note that all players being dead does not fulfill the KING MAFIA win condition - in that case a new round would begin with 7 new players.

There is an antilurk system in place.  Each RL day, you MUST have either voted (even if its for the same person) or sent in an action.  Fail once and you get one prod.  Fail twice in the same round and you will be killed, a player in Queue will automatically Sub in for you, and you will not be able to rejoin.  Ever.

All may join this game, though be aware of the antilurk system.  Please read this line Dariush.

*Toony Edit on No-Lynch policy*
Players may choose to no-lynch two days in a row. Otherwise a lynch must be made. If players force a tie then the lynch target will be randomly decided between the lynch candidates. If there are only two players left the compulsory lynch rule is not enforced, instead a stalemate results in a mafia loss.

You're done with the rules.  Now join and claim the mountain!

Game Ends with Round 4

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)

Sign-Up Queue (6):
Shakerag 2.0
TheDarkStar 2.0
Imperial Guardsman 2.0
TheWetSheep 3.0
Ottofar 3.0
Solymr
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:03:33 pm by ToonyMan »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 4 - Sign-Ups April 7th
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 06:40:35 pm »

PTW, and a question: If you realize that RL is coming up and you won't be able to post for the next few days, can you request an early modkill with no penalty to signing up next time?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 07:25:05 pm »

It occurs to me I've been here almost five years and never bothered to try to claim the crown.

I should probably throw my hat into this at least once.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 07:57:26 pm »

PTW, and a question: If you realize that RL is coming up and you won't be able to post for the next few days, can you request an early modkill with no penalty to signing up next time?
What's an early mod-kill? If it's before the game starts, then that sounds fine. If you can't participate in a round you're suppose to be in, that would give the potential King Mafia an advantage, and I wouldn't like that.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 08:00:12 pm »

What's an early mod-kill? If it's before the game starts, then that sounds fine. If you can't participate in a round you're suppose to be in, that would give the potential King Mafia an advantage, and I wouldn't like that.

Maybe have have people from the queue replace as necessary?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 08:01:37 pm »

If someone replaces then that would give them an advantage!

EDIT:
I'll probably have to sub if somebody disappears, but if you notify me I guess it's better.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:04:37 pm by ToonyMan »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 08:23:59 pm »

Posting to Watch, as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 05:08:58 am »

I am definitely going to win this year.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 05:12:18 am »

In for worst role choice. :D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 08:27:25 am »

In for worst role choice. :D
No early entries!  Resubmit again on Monday or think over how a terrible role may not be a good idea.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 08:28:17 am »

I'm fully alright with my choice. ;)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 02:25:43 pm »

This looks nice. Can I join when its ready?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 02:51:45 pm »

This looks nice. Can I join when its ready?
Maaaaybe.  I seem to remember having to replace you in Roguelike Mafia 6.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 02:59:00 pm »

My computer derped, I have a whole new one.
What kind anarchist nerfs we talking bout here

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 03:30:01 pm »

Good nerfs include: Lovestruck, Paranoid Suicide Bomber
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38