Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Let's get paranoid, in XCOM: Enemy Within!  (Read 4848 times)

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
Re: Let's get paranoid, in XCOM: Enemy Within!
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2014, 04:53:01 pm »

Operation Frozen Tears
27th of June, 2015:

When Dr. Vahlen delivered the reports from her most recent research project personally, I knew it was something important. At long last, we have taken the first steps to truly levelling the playing field against the aliens. Project 'Corvid' has taught us not only how to make light plasma rifles, but also how to modify those we've captured from the aliens for use by our own soldiers!

Not only that, but due to the contacts we had made in South America, we had certain resources and skilled personnel at our disposal that meant we would be able to conduct thorough autopsies within hours rather than days. A fact Dr. Vahlen was entirely too excited about if you ask me, I even had to pull rank to get her to sit still long enough to share a pot of tea while she listed our options. While we could have likely autopsied most, if not all of the corpses we have at the base in a single day, I insisted that we only work on a few at a time. We will need time to properly absorb this information and consider its applications before moving on to others. Vahlen grudgingly accepted my logic and limited her team to only performing 4 autopsies. The results have already been forwarded to engineering and I expect to be calling upon them to produce some of the new designs soon enough.

But with the flurry of activity in our laboratories, the last few days have been blissfully quiet. I realise peace like this cannot last, but where aliens are concerned: no news, is good news.

However, while the aliens have remained quiet, EXALT have not. Leilith has gotten in touch, she's ready for extraction, so all that remains is to select the squad that will go pick her up!

PERSONAL LOGS:

Evelynn:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 06:04:34 am by Aavak »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]