Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 149204 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #736 on: April 16, 2014, 03:22:39 am »

Did they switch or where they taken over? Man, this war is hard to follow.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #737 on: April 16, 2014, 03:25:09 am »

Given how vulnerable the tanks are from the footage we've seen, and how Putin himself is willing to toe the line and lie to our faces...
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 16, 2014, 03:27:08 am »

BTW, what kind of vehicle are those? They seems way too low for people to get inside. Are they some kind of tracked tractors?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 16, 2014, 03:30:21 am »

Judging by the photograph, Ukrainian armoured vehicles that are in the hands of pro-Russian forces are BMP infantry fighting vehicles and not tanks.
Still, it will surely complicate things for the Ukrainian army.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 16, 2014, 03:36:38 am »

BMPs are taller than that. Also, the back of the track raise in a BMP, and not on those APCs/IFVs/whatever.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:39:03 am by Sheb »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 16, 2014, 03:41:17 am »

It is either a defection or idiocy\sabotage of commanders
Else - WTF 6 APCs without any support forgot in a town?

Guys, never believe that your peaceful country need no battle-ready army and defense budget is a waste of  taxes. Si vis pacem, para bellum
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 16, 2014, 03:43:48 am »

Could it be Russian vehicles being passed off as Ukrainian? Seems like a convenient excuse to supply the seperatists with heavy weaponry.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 16, 2014, 03:49:13 am »

Well, reports are also coming from the Ukrainian sides, why would they say rebels took over the APCs?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 16, 2014, 03:51:51 am »

It's not clear, but AP interviewed a soldier who claims it's a defection of soldiers of the 25th Air Force Brigade. (link in German, relevant paragraph is over the map)

On the other hand, German newspapers are notoriously bad at being unable to tell the difference between tanks and APCs, aren't they? ;)
German word for tank is "Panzer", which basically translates to "armour" which I assume an APC has. :P
In case that comes up again, APC translates to "Transportpanzer", or more broadly to "Panzerfahrzeug", so it's not unusual to have German newspapers speak of "Panzer" when it's only APC.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 16, 2014, 03:53:07 am »

BMPs are taller than that. Also, the back of the track raise in a BMP, and not on those APCs/IFVs/whatever.
Here's what I've found after googling for a while:

It appears to be a BTR-D tracked APC, except with a different turret compared to the one on the photo above (the vehicles on the photo above are 2S9 Nona self-propelled artillery vehicles which use the BTR-D's chassis). Ukraine has 44 BTR-D vehicles, according to Wikipedia.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:59:29 am by Guardian G.I. »
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 16, 2014, 04:03:04 am »

Ukrainian security forces trying to work without bloodshed - Krutov

Army of pacifists. I can see effectiveness of that approach
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 16, 2014, 04:09:01 am »

It appears to be a BTR-D tracked APC, except with a different turret compared to the one on the photo above (the vehicles on the photo above are 2S9 Nona self-propelled artillery vehicles which use the BTR-D's chassis). Ukraine has 44 BTR-D vehicles, according to Wikipedia.

Look like it. Consistant with the fact that the soldier in XXSockXX's link identified himself as part of the air force.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 16, 2014, 04:17:31 am »

It's not clear, but AP interviewed a soldier who claims it's a defection of soldiers of the 25th Air Force Brigade. (link in German, relevant paragraph is over the map)
I've heard that 25th Air Force Brigade is actually 25th Airborne Brigade, and if it's true, then the BTR-D vehicles in the hands of pro-Russian forces can actually be Ukrainian. BTR-D vehicles are used by airborne infantry units.
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 16, 2014, 04:21:57 am »

And looking at the Ukrainian Wikipedia page for that unit, they do operate BTR-D.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 136