Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 149009 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #750 on: April 16, 2014, 04:27:03 am »

Our ministry of defense denies that APCs were captured... I think when you got an epic fail it is better to admit it then deny and look even more pathetic

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 16, 2014, 05:16:37 am »

And yet they don't cite direct proofs of Russian lies. Why do that, if it's so obvious, even though we don't have any confirmations, that Russian state media lie?

If they say that both Russian and Ukrainian media lies, how can they claim to know the truth™?

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

What is in the water in Russia that you think an American journalist from the most respected newspaper in the US would be unable to find evidence of a helicopter strafing a crowd guns blazing and killing 11 people?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #752 on: April 16, 2014, 06:04:29 am »

Credentials by themselves don't make one infallible. He could make the same argument with Russian journalists.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 16, 2014, 06:23:58 am »

Odessa is also the one place where Ukraine could build a LPG terminal, so loosing it would be a real strategic blow.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 16, 2014, 07:22:40 am »

It's not clear, but AP interviewed a soldier who claims it's a defection of soldiers of the 25th Air Force Brigade. (link in German, relevant paragraph is over the map)
I've heard that 25th Air Force Brigade is actually 25th Airborne Brigade, and if it's true, then the BTR-D vehicles in the hands of pro-Russian forces can actually be Ukrainian. BTR-D vehicles are used by airborne infantry units.
That is possible, the article only said 25th brigade of the Air Force, so they might be from that unit. Talks are of 6 APCs or tanks, so it's likely not the entire unit.
They have expanded the article now, DPA also claims that troops with up to 10 armored vehicles have defected in Kramatorsk and Slawjansk.
Generally defections seem to be exceptions so far, but the state of the army in Eastern Ukraine is a bit unclear currently and the Ukrainian Minister of Defense is going to travel to Kramatorsk, to clear up the situation.

Also armed separatists have occupied the city hall in Donetsk (again?), without resistance.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:34:26 am by XXSockXX »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 16, 2014, 07:32:04 am »

Apparently the leader of Batkivshchina unofficially claimed the APCs are actually false-flagging Ukrainian troops.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 16, 2014, 07:36:30 am »

Apparently the leader of Batkivshchina unofficially claimed the APCs are actually false-flagging Ukrainian troops.

Covert Ops, Ukrainian style: Make a diversion, then boast about it a day later.
._.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 16, 2014, 07:45:01 am »

By a civil war I mean Syria or Libya-like situation. Can't see it happening. Maybe I don't want to see that and my belief is a result of that... But I can't find that large support of a civil war among our people
I don't want to be too pessimistic, but civil wars rarely start with a lot of popular support. A few hundred fighters could be enough to get it started, then people will start taking sides and once there are larger armed confrontations, things go downhill.
As long as the separatists don't have a lot of direct support in the population, and are only tolerated, things might still calm down. Once actual fighting starts beyond recapturing of occupied buildings, possibly between the army and defected army units, and possibly with killed civilians, people will become a lot more divided quickly.

That is why things like this:
At least some Ukrainian soldiers know what to do when your APCs are blocked
are quite dangerous.
Then again, whatever the Ukrainian government does, it's going to be dangerous in some way.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 16, 2014, 07:48:29 am »

Sergarr, seriously, stop actively trying to turn the thread flamey.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 16, 2014, 08:01:01 am »

They are complaining that one got his hand cut by a combat knife and another got hit in the face with a handle of an assault rifle.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 16, 2014, 08:07:02 am »

Sergarr, seriously, stop actively trying to turn the thread flamey.
At least I'm not talking about how Russians will genocide all Ukrainians. Like UR.

EDIT: But OK, I probably should stop talking in this thread.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:16:44 am by Sergarr »
._.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 16, 2014, 08:07:58 am »

Those soldiers showed incredible restraint. When that one big civilian dude grabbed the small soldier by the shoulders and shook him, I was half expecting the other soldier to shoot him in the face.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 136