Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 149209 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #480 on: April 13, 2014, 02:12:33 pm »

A while back there was actually a thread around a video of some blokes using magma to smelt metals. Of course they were Ruskies.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 13, 2014, 02:37:43 pm »

And here I was wondering when the Ukrainian government would start responding to all those militias. Best of luck to the guys they send there.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 13, 2014, 02:58:10 pm »

And here I was wondering when the Ukrainian government would start responding to all those militias. Best of luck to the guys they send there.

For minority (in this thread) that doesn't understand Russian, here are two photos*, one from Slavyank 2014, another from  Georgia 2008. And that chevron is one used by Russian Spec Ops

*It is from a twitter I trust so I haven't doublechecked if that is not fake. Even if it is fake, guys near our police station don't look like spontaneous militia whoever they are
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 13, 2014, 03:03:16 pm »

Beards are, unfortunatley, less distinctive than faces, so I cannot really tell if that is the same guy or two unrelated men with similar hats and beards. With all due respect, UR, you are being a bit too paranoid, although I cannot blame you for it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 13, 2014, 03:04:57 pm »

Yeah, hardly conclusive proof. The sudden appearance of all kind of assault weapons in the hand of "self-defence troops" seems more conclusive.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 13, 2014, 03:06:50 pm »

Yeah, it's one of those things where you wanna just say "UR, stop jumping at shadows! There's no conspiracy!"

But he did just lose a big chunk of his country to such a conspiracy (Russian forces posing as locals), so instead you just sort of hope that this time it isn't that again.

I do actually think it might be worth it for Ukraine to consider federalizing, but this really doesn't seem like the time for it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 13, 2014, 03:11:45 pm »

Yeah, hardly conclusive proof. The sudden appearance of all kind of assault weapons in the hand of "self-defence troops" seems more conclusive.
I really wouldn't conclude that these guys are Russian commandos until the operation concludes and we get some more information on them. They could just be extremist militiamen who got material support from the Russian government and decided to act on their own for all we know.

Yeah, it's one of those things where you wanna just say "UR, stop jumping at shadows! There's no conspiracy!"

But he did just lose a big chunk of his country to such a conspiracy (Russian forces posing as locals), so instead you just sort of hope that this time it isn't that again.

I do actually think it might be worth it for Ukraine to consider federalizing, but this really doesn't seem like the time for it.
Russian soldiers posting as locals was a quite obvious move, to be honest, seeing how rigged elections are Putin's modus operandi.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 13, 2014, 03:15:30 pm »

For minority (in this thread) that doesn't understand Russian, here are two photos*, one from Slavyank 2014, another from  Georgia 2008. And that chevron is one used by Russian Spec Ops

*It is from a twitter I trust so I haven't doublechecked if that is not fake. Even if it is fake, guys near our police station don't look like spontaneous militia whoever they are
The Glorious Beards will conquer your country!
._.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 13, 2014, 03:26:19 pm »

You know, I had a crazy idea of mine.

List of Ukraine facts:
  • Ukraine needs money
  • Ukraine has pro-Russian districts
  • Ukraine owes Russia a whole damn of money for gas

Shootin' three birds at once - Ukraine sells pro-Russian districts for forgiving of debts.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 13, 2014, 03:32:00 pm »

List of Ukraine facts:
  • Ukraine needs money

Shootin' three birds at once - Ukraine sells pro-Russian districts for forgiving of debts.
That's absolutely bathsit insane and genius at the same time.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 13, 2014, 03:36:45 pm »

List of Ukraine facts:
  • Ukraine needs money

I wonder, can UK try to sell the Scotland to the SNP?
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 13, 2014, 03:50:41 pm »

List of Ukraine facts:
  • Ukraine needs money

I wonder, can UK try to sell the Scotland to the SNP?

Why to the SNP? To Owlbread. He'll become a fine king of Scotland.

As for debts... I prefer suing Russia for unlawful actions and nationalization of Russian companies in Ukraine
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:55:53 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #492 on: April 13, 2014, 03:51:46 pm »

This last point is /very/ debatable.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 13, 2014, 04:01:12 pm »

This last point is /very/ debatable.

How so? No, until the whole mess began, they paid fine and Gasprom had no significant issues with Ukrainian gas companies. But since the mess began, quite a debt appeared.

As for debts... I prefer suing Russia for unlawful actions and nationalization of Russian companies in Ukraine

I think I'm getting it wrong, but right now it sounds like "getting it's own".

EDIT: BTW, the point "Ukraine needs money" stands anyway.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 04:03:15 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #494 on: April 13, 2014, 04:07:05 pm »

How so? No, until the whole mess began, they paid fine and Gasprom had no significant issues with Ukrainian gas companies. But since the mess began, quite a debt appeared.
Could you rephrase that? I'm not sure I follow, (saying Ukraine started siphoning gas again once crimea got invaded?).
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 136