Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 149215 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #495 on: April 13, 2014, 04:08:10 pm »

How so? No, until the whole mess began, they paid fine and Gasprom had no significant issues with Ukrainian gas companies. But since the mess began, quite a debt appeared.
Could you rephrase that? I'm not sure I follow, (saying Ukraine started siphoning gas again once crimea got invaded?).

I mean, they didn't pay for last two months for gas intended for their inner use, while Russia still keeps the gas flowing to them.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 04:11:31 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #496 on: April 13, 2014, 04:17:46 pm »

That's not the main debt- Russia's claiming over 11b as part of an old agreement to trade gas discounts for the Sevastopol lease. The 11b comes from the last several year's worth of discounts Ukraine's recieved.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 13, 2014, 04:23:08 pm »

Yeah, Russia also recently and unilateraly raised the gas price.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 13, 2014, 04:42:06 pm »

So, Russia called a meeting of the UNSC to discuss the Ukrainian situation.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 13, 2014, 04:43:12 pm »

Yeah, Russia also recently and unilateraly raised the gas price.
Can't Ukraine unilaterally raise prices for letting through the gas for Western Europe?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 13, 2014, 04:52:11 pm »

I prefer suing Russia for unlawful actions
Sure thing, Bucko! We'll have this in court right after Afghanistan and Iraq finish suing the USA!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 13, 2014, 05:07:18 pm »

I prefer suing Russia for unlawful actions
Sure thing, Bucko! We'll have this in court right after Afghanistan and Iraq finish suing the USA!
*Imagined Saddam and Taliban suing USA* Nah, no gonna happen

BTW both invasions were legal under international law, both got UNSC approval even if it was a crafty interpretation of resolutions

It is not easy to do, will take quit a lot of time it may be unwise because that kind of nationalization can provoke Russia to do some very nasty thing (Because Russian government will not accept any international court decision here) but I am sure that the case is winnable.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 13, 2014, 05:11:37 pm »

Iraq never got UNSC authorization, and I'm fairly certain the same hold for Afghanistan.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 13, 2014, 05:27:23 pm »

USA used resolution 1441 as a justification of the invasion to Iraq.
and USA used resolution 1368 and 1373 as a justification of invasion to Afghanistan

As I said interpretations of resolutions are far from being perfect but at least American diplomacy tried to pretend that it cares about UN rules. While Russia simply ignores them
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #504 on: April 13, 2014, 05:31:32 pm »

Iraq never got UNSC authorization, and I'm fairly certain the same hold for Afghanistan.
A lot of people still want to prosecute Blair and Bush, and for good reason.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 13, 2014, 08:26:03 pm »

Of course, if this happens... this will be further confirmation that justice won't even poke the US, while someone else(Russia) will get the book thrown at em.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 13, 2014, 08:49:34 pm »

They want to prosecute them for their way of conducting the war (and the leadup to the war), not because they think Saddam didn't have it coming.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 13, 2014, 10:41:09 pm »

So Russia is trying to make sure that diplomacy is still happening while it pretends to be raring to go.. Makes plenty of sense: Russia's bluff is mere fluff without negotiations to back it up.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 14, 2014, 12:03:29 am »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 14, 2014, 02:24:58 am »

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2014/04/224759.htm

Nice summary of Russian lies
Renown experts at organizing and funding anti-state protests in countries disagreeing with their country's foreign policy are accusing Russia of doing the same, all the time claiming that "their" protests are genuine and totally not organized by them.
The 2014 International Hypocrisy Championship continues to gain momentum and probably won't stop any time soon.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 02:29:26 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 136