Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 149205 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #540 on: April 14, 2014, 09:21:52 am »

I was referring to the fake protester trick/puppet government installation episodes during the cold war.

"Your honor when I said the defendant acted the same as many people in the court today, I wasn't referring to the defendants murders, I was referring to his choice of shirt color."

They can't expose them because to do that they need to catch them. And they can't catch the Russian Spetznaz. They simply can't.

Special forces aren't superhuman.  Sooner or later everybody screws up.
You clearly haven't seen these guys in action. The ones that screwed up are already dead. The ones that are there are veterans. They don't make mistakes.
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 14, 2014, 09:23:44 am »

You clearly haven't seen these guys in action. The ones that screwed up are already dead. The ones that are there are veterans. They don't make mistakes.

Remember that time Seal Team 6 lost part of their helicopter on the Bin Laden raid?

I'm pretty sure that after nearly 10 years at war, Seal Team 6 was pretty damn veteran.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 14, 2014, 09:30:00 am »

Remember that time Seal Team 6 lost part of their helicopter on the Bin Laden raid?

I'm pretty sure that after nearly 10 years at war, Seal Team 6 was pretty damn veteran.
They weren't Russians, though.
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 14, 2014, 09:35:52 am »

No, that's why they're much much better. (srsly, what is that supposed to mean?)
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 14, 2014, 09:37:15 am »

Ukraine could make use of an Archer and simply shell the occupied buildings.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 14, 2014, 09:39:31 am »

smjjames, Do not worry. I am facepalming  our army, special forces and decisions made by our transitory* government since March.
The only think I like - foreign policy. And I am sure that proofs of Russian involvement will be provided, we are living in 21th century

As for our army and special forces... Ukraine is a country that had no wars and no terrorism and corrupt system that underfunded them badly...

While Russia is in a constant war and it's forces not only better equipped but more combat experienced. Still I believe that our armed forces can do something to create problems for the invasion. But that requires determination, political will, courage and even necessary cruelty from our government...  I am doubtful that they have those.

*It looks transit will be in some unpleasant place...

I am in a very pessimistic mood now, probably too pessimistic to try and do any analysis of situation. "Crap, crap, crap!!!!" is what in my mind right now

PS. Still better than slow transformation into a North Korea under Yanuk rule.

PPS. Spec Ops, while dangerous can't do much against an army unit with heavy artillery, tanks and air support.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 14, 2014, 09:42:00 am »

No, that's why they're much much better. (srsly, what is that supposed to mean?)
That means that Russians are better than everyone at warfare.
._.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 14, 2014, 09:46:46 am »

Your assurance that spetz natz are more than just a better trained units is unrealistic and naive.

I have seen videos of the spetz natz, and they look absolutely ridiculous, in a comical bad way. head punching bricks, breaking sticks on each other bellies, making flip flops. really stupid shit. those kind of movies typically goes with all kind of terrorist organizations with extremely low fighting abilities.

I have also had friends during my army time who previously served in one of the spetz natz and they weren't special in any way.

Contrary to the propaganda movies, the spetz natz may be elite units, yes, but not super humans nor any better soldiers than any other SF team with proper training. A bullet in the head kills them just like any other human.

No reason to worship them or think they can magically stop an army.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 14, 2014, 09:53:44 am »

Your assurance that spetz natz are more than just a better trained units is unrealistic and naive.

I have seen videos of the spetz natz, and they look absolutely ridiculous, in a comical bad way. head punching bricks, breaking sticks on each other bellies, making flip flops. really stupid shit. those kind of movies typically goes with all kind of terrorist organizations with extremely low fighting abilities.

I have also had friends during my army time who previously served in one of the spetz natz and they weren't special in any way.

Contrary to the propaganda movies, the spetz natz may be elite units, yes, but not super humans nor any better soldiers than any other SF team with proper training. A bullet in the head kills them just like any other human.

No reason to worship them or think they can magically stop an army.

Ukrainian "Alpha" now have "extremely low fighting abilities".

And, you know, there are different kinds of spetz natz. The ones that are worse are better known, because the better ones were from Soviet Union, and all the documents on them were burned in the nineties.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:55:44 am by Sergarr »
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 14, 2014, 09:55:03 am »

It wasn't really Seal Team 6es fault since it was a mechanical breakdown. It was the pilots experience that got everybody down alive.

@UR: Yanuk?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 14, 2014, 09:55:34 am »

I think Ukrainian Ranger has reason to be pessimistic. Putin has won the day, without question.

I apologise for the enormous rant but this was my attempt at getting my thoughts together. I hope it seemed somewhat coherent.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:58:13 am by Owlbread »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 14, 2014, 09:58:36 am »

I think Ukrainian Ranger has reason to be pessimistic. Putin has won the day, without question.

I apologise for the enormous rant but this was my attempt at getting my thoughts together. I hope it seemed somewhat coherent.

But the "Us" vs "Them" mentality exists in reality! The Ukrainian Ranger embodies that concept!
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 14, 2014, 09:58:59 am »

It wasn't really Seal Team 6es fault since it was a mechanical breakdown. It was the pilots experience that got everybody down alive.

Totally agree, if you live in the real world you expect shit to happen, even with an elite force like Seal Team 6.

Troll harder bro.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 14, 2014, 09:59:56 am »

But the "Us" vs "Them" mentality exists in reality! The Ukrainian Ranger embodies that concept!

Moreover, it is frecking natural.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 14, 2014, 10:00:29 am »

Totally agree, if you live in the real world you expect shit to happen, even with an elite force like Seal Team 6.

Troll harder bro.
I was serious about the last one. Do you know why the Georgia, which was armed by the West, lost to one Russian army in a week?
._.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 136