Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Aztec dwarves

(1/3) > >>

sonofperturabo:
I have been working on a Aztec dwarf civ for a while now, and i am looking for suggestions. So far I mostly have completed minor changes (I used dwarves as a base and began tinkering with the RAWs.) such as naming changes and preference  changes. I plan to implement a caste system and a way of sacrificing prisoners and dwarves in order to gain boons or materials/resources, a ethics system that replaces hammering with ritual sacrifice and allows butchering sentience creatures, giving them a happiness boost from sacrifice/and or blood(I fluffed them out as a extremely radical sect of armok) and no longer getting bad thoughts from seeing things die, special altars to different minor gods that grant different bonuses and require specific sacrifices, a mechanic where military dwarves get buffs that increase in proportion to the number of skulls they have offered to armoks temple, obsidian weaponry, dwarves become unhappy/bad things happen if you stop sacrificing, warrior cults that get special powers, nobles that can learn blood magic and more.  And yes, I know that all of this is horribly historically inaccurate and that I exaggerated the human sacrifice a little bit (not by that much from what I read about the Aztecs), but I think we can all agree that this is a lot more dwarfy.

I what you think,

Iron within,
Iron without.

Ps. I will post more once I get access to a proper keyboard,right now I am using an iPad

Spiderking50:
You may have to learn dwarfhack in order to do some of the things you want. However, a good deal of it can be done with vanilla modding and a couple work arounds.

What can be done with vanilla (and I'd be willing to work with you on this/help when wanted):

1) Caste system
2) Sacrifices (You couldn't get any sort of supernatural boon. You could use transformations to create creatures which die immediately and whose bodies leave behind ingredients/reagents to be used in later reactions to create buffs and transformations)
3) Alters to specific minor gods which have varying effects
4) Obsidian weaponry
5) Warrior cult (has to be a caste though)
6) Blood magic nobles (Also caste based)

DwarfHack can do much more than I can help you implement through vanilla modding though.

Zorbeltuss:
First of all, fun to see another Iron Warriors-fan being also a fan of the Central American cultures ;).
Secondly, don't leave out the Atlatl.

/Zorbeltuss

Spiderking50:
Oh my Armok, I love the Atlatl! I suck at it, but man is it a fun weapon to use. One problem with DF is the recovery of the spears (technically darts). However, if sonofperturabo wants to partner up for this then perhaps we will program in this wonderful weapon.

Meph:
Call your highend workshop Atztechnology. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version