Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Warlock] Crashing suddenly  (Read 3781 times)

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Warlock] Crashing suddenly
« on: April 02, 2014, 11:52:03 am »

Like the title says: My Warlock Fortress is crashing randomly, sometimes after startup, sometimes while playing. After a clean download and starting over again, I now get a crash at my current fortress. This is the error.log :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I got two ethereal gates with blocks on repeat and almost the whole population is building my fortress above ground out of this blocks or sometimes removing constructions.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:54:09 am by Jiamil »

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Warlock] Crashing suddenly
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 04:24:35 pm »

So, it is crashing every 1-3 months ingame (it is not the autosave). I have no clue why, the errorlog looks always kind of the same. Is someone else experiencing those crashes with the Warlocks? Is it a normal behaviour? Do I need to change some of the options in the Masterwork settings else than what race to choose?
I really love the Warlocks addition, but as of now, it is no fun playing when it crashes so often.

Snonker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 05:54:17 am »

I have an almost identical problem, but with dwarfs:

It's basically making my game unplayable as I have to save after I do just about anything or risk losing my progress.

Rubicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 08:55:32 pm »

Hi, I just started playing Warlock with version 4j, having a similar issue. Crashing is not constant, but intermittent. I had a site that repeatedly crashed a few seconds after embark, so I genned another world. I managed to play for a few in game years without crashing, and then it started again.

Playing with all workshops and furnaces enabled apart from illumination; Dwarves, Elves, Warlocks, Humans, Drow, Goblins, Gremlins, Trog. and Antmen are all on, but only warlocks are playable in fortress mode. No fortress defense races are on. Bogeymen set to zero, all other worldgen parameters unchanged.

All additional mods under misc. featres (food variety, plant variety etc )are OFF as are 'secretFUN!' and Diseases.

Mod is awesome, but unplayable for me at the moment; I can't stand to lose hours of progress.

errorlog below

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 09:57:48 pm »

I've been having numerous crashes on embark and on loading saved forts as well. As soon as I unpause. Crash.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 10:11:08 pm »

I've had a problem with crashes due to diggingInvaders, it's turned off in the GUI but dfhack still has it enabled which I guess leads to problems. There was something about it buried in the bug thread. Type "enable" in the DFhack console to see if DiggingInvaders is on. If it is but it's disabled in the GUI then that could be your problem. I've had problems with it while having digging off but razing on so you try disabling it completely even if you'd prefer it on and see if that helps.

Snonker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 07:24:07 am »

I've had a problem with crashes due to diggingInvaders, it's turned off in the GUI but dfhack still has it enabled which I guess leads to problems. There was something about it buried in the bug thread. Type "enable" in the DFhack console to see if DiggingInvaders is on. If it is but it's disabled in the GUI then that could be your problem. I've had problems with it while having digging off but razing on so you try disabling it completely even if you'd prefer it on and see if that helps.
I just checked and digginInvaders was indeed on, i haven't got time to check if its fixed atm but if it is then 1000 blessings of armok upon you! :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 10:05:27 am »

That does not sound good, I had next to no crash reports before the Warlock release. It might be that the gnome or warlock release set the dfhack.init to a state with some wrong numbers for the digging invaders...

I personally had crashes when generating a warlock world, but never while playing.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Frostea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 04:31:44 am »

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I'm having crashes on dwarf as well. I don't have digginginvaders enabled. Having fortress defence races enabled doesn't seem to make a difference either, it still crashes occasionally.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 04:44:01 am »

I think i know the problem: Splinterz found a issue with the digging invaders, with costs of 0 crashing and costs of -1 being ok (or the other way around?) and the gnome update also includes a dfhack.init, without these changes.

I cant check, but maybe the gnome dfhack.init overwrote the fixed dfhack.init... Either in one of the swp releases, my releades or the patch splinterz uploaded. More likely than not it was probably me. Working conditions a re not the best for me atm. If thats the case, sorry for the mistake.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 09:10:42 am »

I had several crashes on embark too. Though I think it was because I was setting up so much before unpausing, including a ghoul military/hunter. Moment I unpause, crash... now I just unpause and let it run for a few seconds, getting any skeletons to controlled mode before I unleash it again.

I still have problems though... I don't think Masterwork, or at least Warlocks work well at all with DF Hack. I've routinely had my minions become non-responsive or something to that effect. Military controls don't work very well and the interactions between the minions, warlocks, and various outside entities seem to cause problems... though I don't know why/what.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 09:46:17 am »

the updated 4j and swp should both have the correct dfhack.init settings for digginginvaders. however if you didn't update after the 4j fixed version, or you've copy/pasted the gnome dffd updates you'll have overwritten the dfhack settings.

if it is the digginginvaders causing the issue, disabling it before you load your game should fix it immediately, so it's fairly easy to confirm.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 11:36:39 am »

Thanks for the info. I really hope it is a simple thing like the diggingInvader setting, and not something new. If yes, it will be very, very hard to find.

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 01:29:16 pm »

I checked the versions I had: In the Masterworks Settings, DigginInvaders is set to off, after checking dfhack with "enabled" it tells me "on", so confirm this could really be my initial problem. Testing now a couple of games, hope that's it. Thank you in advance

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 02:00:23 pm »

I checked the versions I had: In the Masterworks Settings, DigginInvaders is set to off, after checking dfhack with "enabled" it tells me "on", so confirm this could really be my initial problem. Testing now a couple of games, hope that's it. Thank you in advance
normally the plugin will always be enabled, just the values in dfhack.init that are changed to disable digging/razing for invaders. i'd certainly recommend disabling it entirely in dfhack though to test if that's the cause. if it is, please post your dfhack.init so i can take a look!
Pages: [1] 2