Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Warlock] Crashing suddenly  (Read 3780 times)

Laardilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Warlock] Crashing suddenly
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 09:54:18 pm »

I had the exact same problem in Dwarf Mode. Same error message with digging invaders set to off (according to the config file). I used the command "diggingInvaders" in DFHack to see if it was enabled, and sure enough it was. I fixed it by typing the command "diggingInvaders 0" into DFHack. I'm now making it past the date it always crashed so I'm guessing it's fixed. I hope this helps somebody out.

***ADDENDUM***

I noticed that digging invaders reenables itself every time I restart the game, so you may have to keep using "diggingInvaders 0" to turn it off.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 09:57:56 pm by Laardilla »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 12:32:59 am »

I had the exact same problem in Dwarf Mode. Same error message with digging invaders set to off (according to the config file). I used the command "diggingInvaders" in DFHack to see if it was enabled, and sure enough it was. I fixed it by typing the command "diggingInvaders 0" into DFHack. I'm now making it past the date it always crashed so I'm guessing it's fixed. I hope this helps somebody out.

***ADDENDUM***

I noticed that digging invaders reenables itself every time I restart the game, so you may have to keep using "diggingInvaders 0" to turn it off.
you'll have to modify the dfhack.init if you want it to retain the 'off' setting. was this in 4j?

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 04:15:15 am »

Yes, 4j. Changed the enabled to disabled in the dfhack.init, works so far, no crashes at start, testing further now.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 06:11:32 am »

Yes, 4j. Changed the enabled to disabled in the dfhack.init, works so far, no crashes at start, testing further now.
once you're satisfied disabling it has fixed the crashes, please post your dfhack.init if you can.

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 03:42:01 am »

Just to complete: Sent the init to Splinterz over pm.

It works without crashes (played at least 5 years): No crashes at start, none later in the game.
Thank you for the help!

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 04:07:43 am »

Just to complete: Sent the init to Splinterz over pm.

It works without crashes (played at least 5 years): No crashes at start, none later in the game.
Thank you for the help!
yeah it looks like it was the most recent dfhack.init, which is worrisome. you wouldn't happen to have the original save still where it was crashing so i can do some testing, do you?

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 04:13:42 am »

Sadly I already removed it, but if really necessary I'm quite sure I could reproduce it. As other players also had this problem, maybe one of them still has a save.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 05:32:08 am »

YES! so it was the digginginvaders. (this is good news, because a bug identified is as good as a bug fixed)

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 07:42:09 am »

Ahh, I've just been crashes right after embark, every time, as reported by megahelmet. DiggingInvaders was set to off both in the init and something I personally checked before playing. Luckily I've worked out what causes this one:

My issue with crashing consistently after embark is problem with workflow settings left over from an earlier dwarf fort in the region I abandoned. I tried playing as dwarves on the same embark square my warlocks were going to and they did fine, only a few seconds after unpausing I got some error messages about 'unable to resume sand production' and 'unable to resume compact peat production'. I have set multiple playable races btw. Reclaiming my old fort with dwarves and deleting all the workflow constraints that were still there using CTRL-i  and then disabled workflow in dfhack with workflow disable. I was able to embark and play as warlocks past the first few seconds.

Massive Edit: Looks like I jumped the gun, I didn't save it the one time it worked because I didn't prepare the embark properly for testing purposes and I'm back to crashing a few seconds after embark. Managed to embark in another region/save but it's worrying. I have changed the raws in this region increase the number of warlocks at the start.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:36:09 am by blapnk »

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 08:25:22 am »

To me, it sounds, like that's another bug. I personally gen worlds with only one playable race (I even download it for every race seperately).

Slavmeister

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2014, 10:36:22 pm »

Yeah I'm getting an issue similar to blapnk
I can embark once as Warlock with no problems, but if I try to embark after that, with any number of warlocks it crashes a few seconds after I hit resume.
I can embark with the other races just fine.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 01:50:28 am »

I can tell you what is happeni.g, but not why: Its the summoning of the Mephits that crashes it, but I dont know why the game sonetimes thinks thats that a problem.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Slavmeister

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 08:24:10 pm »

Yeah I noticed for a while I would only be able to embark with lower numbers of warlocks and the game could handle it, but then eventually it wouldn't let me at all.
I just made a default world with no modifications, but all the other stuff I had toggled in the launcher set and it let me embark without crashing whatsoever.
I'll keep messing around with it and see where I can get consistent results.
Pages: 1 [2]