Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animals wearing clothing  (Read 1334 times)

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
Animals wearing clothing
« on: April 06, 2014, 03:11:29 pm »

So, a mule is in the process of being killed by a wandering monster, when I see an attack be deflected. By its shoe ???. Apparently, this mule is going around in an entire outfit. Is this normal or what, because I've never noticed the animals wearing clothing before. Thanks!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 03:13:51 pm by Jack Smythe »
Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: Animals wearing clothing
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 03:18:25 pm »

Well, the only way I can think of it being possible is if, in the raws, it was given the [EQUIPS] tag.
If you've tampered with the raws, this could have been done on accident.
Either way, keep it, because it seems neat.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 03:27:03 pm »

If its  a miniskirt does that mean the mule is showing a little ass?
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 03:31:02 pm »

Must be part of the human civ, judging by clothing types and materials.

This can be seen in adventure mode, if you have an abandoned fort or several in the world: all merchants who visited you are saved as historical persons, and that includes their pack animals and wagons. If they ever get loaded again (e.g. when an adventurer visits their "home" settlement), they receive full civ attire. Wagons don't get clothes, they auto-scuttle as soon as they're re-activated, but yaks, horses and donkeys will strut around dressed to the nines.

As said above, it could also be the effect of equipment tags ending up in their species raws while modding.

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 05:20:13 pm »

Okay, thanks. I know the tag wasn't changed, it was one of my clean saves. I haven't had any fortresses there, though, so I'm not sure how the mule became a historical figure if that's how it happened.

Checked the histories. This is about year 5, and the mule was apparently the first and only one of his kind in the world. So it appears I have eradicated the world's only clothes-wearing mule. My bad.

Semi related note, I took a screen shot of the history with the snipping tool, and then spent the next few minutes trying to figure out why the game wasn't responding to my commands. Bad sign.

Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 11:46:20 pm »

I thought the fact that the mule was wearing a turban was the most noteworthy part of this thread. Is that wrong?

. . . the mule was apparently the first and only one of his kind in the world.
And if the animal in question wasn't a mule, a sterile creature produced only by the mating of 2 different species, Armok's creating one during worldgen might actually make some sense. But of course, this is Armok we're talking about.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 03:29:40 am »

Its Armok. He created drunken omnicidal midgets. I wouldn't put anything past him. Besides competence.