Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can Ghosts become Ghosts of Ghosts?  (Read 6031 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Can Ghosts become Ghosts of Ghosts?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 08:47:17 am »

Maybe he's taking the bones from the Reaper. Wait, no. The Dwarven Reaper is made of magma.

Not to mention the dwarven reaper rides on a thralled giant sponge.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 10:03:48 am »

The only ghosts I keep around for any significant length of time are unslabbable forlorn/restless merchant guards, and while dwarves in a fell mood can murder those (which is damn useful for thinning the herd), they do not make things out of them. I've got a fell mooder right now who's loitering around looking for a victim, and Likot's already grabbed a victim. But it was a ghostly merchant guard.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 10:17:47 am »

I just had a fortress go bad. I killed a merchant caravan [guy was leaving with food I needed because he decided to be snobbish about prices] and most of my fort ended up dead. Ghosts everywhere. One kept messing up its own coffin and burial service. Why aren't there Dwarven Ghostbusters?

Wait. If you had a demon visit your fortress as a diplomat, and he died for whatever reason >_>, would he come back as a ghost?

Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 03:42:59 pm »

I thought they'd take another dwarf after they kill ghost, just like with planepacked artefacts.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 03:48:14 pm »

It would be hilarious if, on the artifact made of ghost-material, they inscribed a picture of said dwarf being killed.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

thehman03

• Bay Watcher
  • Some cats just wanna watch the world lag.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 06:04:38 pm »

It would be hilarious if, on the artifact made of ghost-material, they inscribed a picture of said dwarf being killed.
This is an *Urist McGhost bone cage*, all craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality, on the cage is a picture of a dwarf, the dwarf is dead, the picture relates to the slaughter of Urist McLeather the dwarf in X.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 06:19:05 pm »

I would like to note that if you reclaim a fortress, its ghosts are listed as killed. And subsequently rise from the grave again. So yes, you can get ghosts of ghosts, although that's probably just a result of the game breaking.
Pages: 1 [2]