It was a good run! Fun, too.
- 3 (42.9%)
I learned things.
- 1 (14.3%)
I WON!!!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 4.03: Victory and death! FINISHED!  (Read 38058 times)

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 4.03: Building gods and people
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2014, 12:45:42 pm »

I have some SP experience but nearly zero MP.
It would be nice to see some diplomacy (perhaps combined with some RP) in this game because the AI is a little straightforward and not very creative with armies etc.

If I have time I think I will try some short test-games to create a usefull pretender.

I mainly play for fun but I will do everything to be no fat fish lying on the shore to be gathered by some demonish (or other being) fishermen.

I have very little to complain about training questions here or somewhere else but no abusing with giving away sensible ambush infos or something like that to the public.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Inactive Therian Saga Char: Stormhead
Dominions: 4.03 Berytos; 4.06 Pangaea; 4.08 Arcoscephale; 4.11 Shinuyama
Inactive Wurm Online Char: Stormhead

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2014, 12:52:01 pm »

Played a little single player.

Greatly value doing things for thematic amusement than actual practicality.
(Aka will probably be dying the fastest. :D)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2014, 01:02:40 pm »

Well this game will be my introduction to thugging, item crafting and magic beyond throwing fireballs (I'll be throwing fireballs too though).
If it turns out to be too strong, feel free to gang up on me  :D

Anyway currently running a testgame to see if it works.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2014, 01:09:36 pm »

It would be nice to see some diplomacy (perhaps combined with some RP)
The more you do this, the better the game will be for all of us! Please do do diplomacy here, please do roleplay  :D

I guess we could try out something novel here, namely public diplomacy - we could ban all private communication and force transparency in dealings. How would people feel about that? I like backroom dealings a lot, but public diplomacy would be interesting, too. Trying to deal in private matters in public, like in a royal court... oh, how intriguing.
I mainly play for fun but I will do everything to be no fat fish lying on the shore to be gathered by some demonish (or other being) fishermen.
I think this is a good attitude. By all means, try out thematic and flavorful and fun/interesting stuff, but don't overly compromise the nominal objective of the game for just that. I think it's especially important not to be too easy, because it's not only your loss that's on the table here, you're also making it much harder for other people to defeat the person that's gaining territory, gems and income out of you.
I have very little to complain about training questions here or somewhere else but no abusing with giving away sensible ambush infos or something like that to the public.
I'm not sure what you're saying here. If we go with Machiavellian diplomacy, and private communications, I think it's entirely par for the course for intelligence to be traded, especially if someone like Mindmaker is actually getting away with the game. Of course, that's just my opinion  :)
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2014, 02:03:46 pm »

I'm not sure what you're saying here. If we go with Machiavellian diplomacy, and private communications, I think it's entirely par for the course for intelligence to be traded, especially if someone like Mindmaker is actually getting away with the game. Of course, that's just my opinion  :)
hmm...I thought on private informations that are shouted out...but your right...it's part of the game/live/diplomacy/press...so all is good :)

Public diplomacy would be an interesting option...I could go with it.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2014, 02:06:23 pm »

I think it might be the best option for a beginner game, that way we can also give advice to the newer people.

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2014, 02:16:58 pm »

I think it might be the best option for a beginner game, that way we can also give advice to the newer people.
the "only" thing is that it will take off any (diplomatic) surprises and other human reactions that can flesh out a game. because if "Big Brother" (=in this case the public) is watching you then you won't do all things you would in private.

but for fun and learning it's totally fine I think.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2014, 03:10:09 pm »

I'm all for shady deals and potential backstabbiness, if only because that gives the opportunity to go

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

once in a while.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2014, 04:46:00 pm »

Well in my most recent testgame I learned to thug, after some difficulties in the beginning (item had a hidden berserk property and has been fuckung up my buffs).
The AI (mighty) has been kicking the asses of my expansion armies though.

Can't wait to see how it fares against real people.

Edit: I won't be able to access my computer from 12th until the 20th. I guess that means I'll have to withdraw from this game.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:59:20 pm by Mindmaker »

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2014, 05:35:34 pm »

Well, that's unfortunate. Would you like to be moved to the substitute player list?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2014, 05:37:03 pm »

That would be best to decide once I'm back.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2014, 05:38:59 pm »

That's unfortunate. Did you consider letting someone else play for that period? I totally understand if you'd rather not let someone else play during those formative turns.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2014, 07:16:47 pm »

Well I wouldn't want to bother anyone.
Just let somebody else play, it's not a big deal.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 4.03: Looking for a player!
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2014, 10:20:02 pm »

I've really only played middle-era Ermor and Ulm in singleplayer, and no multiplayer so far, so that's all the experience I have. Well, I tried the nation with the Rakshasha first, but I only played it for 30 minutes before deciding to try something different instead because the apes were fragile as glass and I didn't really want to have anything to do with blood magic when I hadn't figured out the other kinds of magic yet.

I'm going to try Yomi in SP now, I think. (I still haven't figured out which nation to play. I tried Arcoscephale but didn't really like them.)

I think the problem I'm having with picking a nation is that I've been spoiled by playing middle-era Ulm where I can get 18 protection on basic troops for 10 gold and 26 resources, or 21 protection for 10 gold and 36 resources, and both the priests and smiths (mages) are reasonably priced. I can't find anything even remotely comparable in the early era. I keep looking at the manual and stuff is all inferior and cheaper, or inferior and overpriced. Apparently half the Yomi units are summons, though, so hmm. It looks like I'd need air, earth, water, nature... death... Hmm.

Edit: I think I should try someone else. I don't think this would work very well.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:46:17 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 4.03: Looking for a player!
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2014, 01:38:10 am »

Try Abysia, maybe? Troop-wise, they're about as MA Ulmy as you'll get from an EA nation, though their infantry is of course more significantly expensive than Ulm's.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25