Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: Long Live the Queen! A Mafia-Themed Succession Fort. [Year Two complete!]  (Read 33670 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Long Live the Queen! A Mafia-Themed Succession Fort. [Embarking now!]
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 05:57:28 pm »

Also, are danger rooms allowed?

I'd rather you didn't.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 06:13:41 pm »

...I requested a turn too...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 06:35:13 pm »

That's why you're on the list.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 06:47:02 pm »

...I think I played too long ago that I forgot whether silver weaponry can be made.

Because if so, I'd really push for Vector to be the weaponsmith.

Silver warhammers. :3
Also those stats!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 06:49:49 pm »

Dorf me. Soldier.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 06:55:50 pm »

LOLZ I MISSED THAT MY BAD!!!!!!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 07:00:36 pm »

Silver warhammers are both possible and effective.

Yep!  Totally didn't edit that in or anything!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 07:04:02 pm »

Silver warhammers are both possible and effective.

Yep!  Totally didn't edit that in or anything!
...did you actually?

Because if you did, I can go at the back of the list.  I don't mind.  I just wanted to be on the list at all.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 07:06:18 pm »

Yes!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 07:11:06 pm »

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere- is there anything other than that already mentioned in this thread that's particularly neat about the surrounding area? (Savageness, haunted-ness, goblin towers, magma, etc.) It's entirely possible you want to keep this to be revealed later, though, which'd be fun.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2014, 07:20:55 pm »

8th of Granite

"Heh." said Org, gazing out into the canyon.

"What is it?  I set down the barrel of booze and followed his gaze downward, and saw the rocks at the bottom of the waterfall stained red.  "What happened?"

"Alligator went over.  It wasn't good for it.  Heh."

Sure enough, it was thrashing at the bottom.

Progress was going well.  The food storeroom was complete, and we were filling it up.  All the basics were progressing.  Webadict was already excitedly talking about prospecting for the iron ore vein.

...did you actually?

Because if you did, I can go at the back of the list.  I don't mind.  I just wanted to be on the list at all.

You did ask first, actually.  I had you on my meta-list, then somehow totally missed you.  The spot's yours if you want it.

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere- is there anything other than that already mentioned in this thread that's particularly neat about the surrounding area?

Yep!

I will say that it's Wilderness.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2014, 07:22:26 pm »

whatevs, I'll take the next turn, I can't screw up too badly, can I?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2014, 07:30:05 pm »

whatevs, I'll take the next turn, I can't screw up too badly, can I?

The Fortress has crumbled to it's end
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 09:08:49 pm »

18th of Slate

Things were becoming recognizable as a real dwarven settlement now.

Reshaping the hillside was simple in the sandy surface.  We had already reduced the accessible area significantly, between Web, Dakarian, and myself.  A simple palisade wall would soon limit the access further.  A couple temporary workshops had been stood up, and Pandarsenic was hard at work clearcutting the timber.

A small farm was beginning underground, tended by the watchful Vector.  Soon we'd have enough crops to be self-sufficient, as long as our numbers did not grow too much.  Our food supplies were also safely stored belowground.  We also stored the logs that Pandarsenic had cut down here.  A grand stairwell was planned that would link the upper and lower parts of the outpost- for now, just the stairs themselves were functional.

At the lower level, digging was finished both for simple bedrooms and a dining room.  It was large, but empty and rough at this point.  It would soon be a glorious meeting hall where we could plan our resistance strategy.  A workshop hall was planned, but not yet underway.

I caught up with Dakarian as he dined on cave lobster.  His cat Litia (though most of us called her Endok) was next to him, washing herself.  She certainly earned her keep around here, as the vermin corpses attested.
  "Any news from the capital?" I asked.  He shook his head.

"Nothing, but it's hardly surprising.  It could be months before anyone makes it out here; probably not any dwarves until your group arrives.  I don't know when those humans will make it here either.  We should get something tradeworthy ready, though- perhaps Org could make something?"  Org wasn't much use right now; we had been unable to get out with an anvil.  We did have some copper ore and a few bars, but that's all we could risk.  We would be limited until we found that iron deposit.

I nodded.
  "We'll get a workshop up once that tunnel is dug.  After that, we can get a bit of a wall up."

I left him to start digging.  There was much, much to do.

2nd of Felsite

A herd of elephants made its way to the south end of the hilltop, away from our outpost.  One of those would be meat for months, but we lack crossbows.  I should ask Pandar to make some for us.

8th of Felsite

Pandar grumbled a bit, pointing out that the skills for carpentry and making a crossbow were not the same.  Nevertheless, the first one has been completed.  It's not military quality, but at least we can use it in a pinch.  The only other weapons we have are two axes and three picks.

17th of Felsite

The first plump helmets ripened today.  Not the most exciting crop, but it's certainly an important milestone.

1st of Hematite

Summer had come.  The food situation looked better every day, as we collected two clutches of eggs from the geese that we had brought.  A third was left to hatch.  A third farm plot was being planted.  A still was being dug out.

Three months had past with no contact with the outside world.  We would long since be missed at home if anyone was looking for us, so searches may happen soon.  We discussed it one day over drinks, and decided that we should skip a wooden palisade and move straight on to a stone wall.  Dakarian started working on the blocks for it, with a supply of stone provided for him.

Webadict still had not located the ore vein yet.  Org was getting anxious to start crafting arms- the mugs and crafts of stone he made were adequate, but you could tell it's not what he wanted to do.

Nothing to do but work onward.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks good!

What weapons should be used in the military? I vote for at least picks, since those are easy to train.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24