Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: Long Live the Queen! A Mafia-Themed Succession Fort. [Year Two complete!]  (Read 33660 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Tiruin where's the updaaaate.

I've been to 14 weddings in the last five years (with five in 2012 alone). Here are some reflections from my not inconsiderable experience:

What's it like having thirteen or more ex-wives?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Good lord, I was assuming that he meant other people's weddings. NQT, what have you been up to?!?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Hah! Well it's nice that you assume I'm not a serial bigamist.

NQT, what have you been up to?!?
My only sin is having too many friends that are of a matrimonial cast of mind. I assume one day people I know will stop getting married, but I rather suspect that that day might coincide with the first wave of divorces and remarriages...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Tiruin where's the updaaaate.
Sorry Cheese, Jim and by collateral, Meph...
I'm just working a ton with the screenshots and up-to-date accounts on everything so any reader or future overseer will have notes on what is to be done and what currently exists.

I mean really. Nobody tagged the levers?! :I

Also good news everyone! Hammers are explicitly useful.
Well...while you wait anyway :x

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought there was only one lever that did anything, and it went to the bridge?
How many levers are there?

And is otay, Tiru. You're busy, take your time.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile

I thought there was only one lever that did anything, and it went to the bridge?
How many levers are there?

And is otay, Tiru. You're busy, take your time.
There are several bridge levers, because I added a few bridges.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You forgot to label THEM ALL D:<
But everything else you did splendidly :>
Though I did argue with Webadict on his many many positions, changed our garbage disposal system (no, its not Leave it on topsoil), fixed our corpse disposal system, and radically changed our overland to include a hospital and a trench network.

Cheese, howlong are you willing to wait? These screenshots are taking forever ;_;

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Give us a teaser, and it's all good.

I labeled the one drawbridge I built!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cheese, howlong are you willing to wait? These screenshots are taking forever ;_;
Take as long as you need, Tiruru, I can wait.
And trust me, I know how annoying screenshots can get, so don't apologize.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

There's a reason there aren't a lot of screenshots in my updates.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could we get a timeframe to expect the updates, Tiruin?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Timeframe? ~12 hours from now.

Funny thing. When I was about to finish up the Save to pass on ahead of time (because mainly of writing woes), a brownout struck JUST as I was saving!
Stoopid storm :I
So hello corrupt files, and me going off to replicate all the last winter's stuffs. ;_;

Oh!
Sneak Peek? 4maskwolf, the maker of an artifact...has no Legendary Skills.
At all. He's just Dabbling in everything.

I broke down the wooden road because...hey, wood. With lacking bituminous coal, I had to improvise on charcoal.
Also, bins and rock pots, guys. The former for more items to a stockpile (and I made a centralized warehouse) and the latter for barrel woes.
NEXT: I've fixed up our bed problems - centralized beddings with centralized workshops. I put them all in one place due to a mass hysteria feature. Down at the river bottom, are the fisherdwarves' workshops and as such, at the top are the related workshops (with their own nifty stockpiles of resources nearby next to them)
Next, I specialized the z-levels and work areas. We have a centralized farming zone with seeds and such.

Drink-stockpiles are specialized in that they only accept drinks. Given how drinking is...not dependent on rather anything, I put them everywhere (and in the main dining room). I've been pondering if I should make every dwarf a militia-carrying-wineskin but then we lack...leather. And no way am I going to use our precious metal for that deed.

Also, specialization. Some are haulers. Some are miners. We've WAY too many masons so I cut them down a notch. We have a working hammerdwarf military, backed by some pikemen and swordsmen. Marksdwarves are working out fairly peachy after I made bone bolts, and we've a fancy overland fort!

And I had to move all the coffins downstairs because the 0's were annoying my eyes. Sorry venerated dead!

Last thing? Wubbawubs is tired of being sole governorchiefmayorbookkeeper so I introduced him to a less stressful art: BROKERING!
He got tired of books so I gave it to the best person to fulfill that job.
I'm not spoiling who, but she's got the job perfectly, at 100% efficiency (fun fact: Didja know you can adjust a bookkeeper's setting on records so there won't be anymore of that craaaazy 102301? number silliness?)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 07:55:48 pm by Tiruin »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Timeframe? ~12 hours from now.

Funny thing. When I was about to finish up the Save to pass on ahead of time (because mainly of writing woes), a brownout struck JUST as I was saving!
Stoopid storm :I
So hello corrupt files, and me going off to replicate all the last winter's stuffs. ;_;

Oh!
Sneak Peek? 4maskwolf, the maker of an artifact...has no Legendary Skills.
At all. He's just Dabbling in everything.

I broke down the wooden road because...hey, wood. With lacking bituminous coal, I had to improvise on charcoal.
Also, bins and rock pots, guys. The former for more items to a stockpile (and I made a centralized warehouse) and the latter for barrel woes.
NEXT: I've fixed up our bed problems - centralized beddings with centralized workshops. I put them all in one place due to a mass hysteria feature. Down at the river bottom, are the fisherdwarves' workshops and as such, at the top are the related workshops (with their own nifty stockpiles of resources nearby next to them)
Next, I specialized the z-levels and work areas. We have a centralized farming zone with seeds and such.

Drink-stockpiles are specialized in that they only accept drinks. Given how drinking is...not dependent on rather anything, I put them everywhere (and in the main dining room). I've been pondering if I should make every dwarf a militia-carrying-wineskin but then we lack...leather. And no way am I going to use our precious metal for that deed.

Also, specialization. Some are haulers. Some are miners. We've WAY too many masons so I cut them down a notch. We have a working hammerdwarf military, backed by some pikemen and swordsmen. Marksdwarves are working out fairly peachy after I made bone bolts, and we've a fancy overland fort!

And I had to move all the coffins downstairs because the 0's were annoying my eyes. Sorry venerated dead!
Yep.

I was possessed.

Thus the story.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is why you guys should write more.
SO I don't have to flail around. >_<

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher