Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fort of Every Age?  (Read 1338 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Fort of Every Age?
« on: May 09, 2014, 03:58:16 am »

So has any community/succession fort every gone through every single age in the game? As in the "Age of Myth" "Golden Age" "Twilight Age"?

Because if not I suggest we make that succession fort right here.

It will probably need to use the Masterwork mod, due to that having a building that lets you "summon" different civs/creatures/etc.

Anyone up for this?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Fort of Every Age?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 04:02:40 am »

This... would probably take a while.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 04:15:24 am »

Need to wait until next version; To reach Twilight, you need to kill most of the people in the world, which you'd need armies for. Still, it would be cool to see a fort slay all the megabeadts in the world, pause a year to celebrate the golden age, and then turn on their former trade partners and commit genocide, thus ushering in "The Age of Dwarves".
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 08:29:45 am »

Need to wait until next version; To reach Twilight, you need to kill most of the people in the world, which you'd need armies for. Still, it would be cool to see a fort slay all the megabeadts in the world, pause a year to celebrate the golden age, and then turn on their former trade partners and commit genocide, thus ushering in "The Age of Dwarves".
It'll take more than the next version. You won't be able to send out armies in the upcoming one.

Oh, and BFEL: There are some ages you can't reach in one go - i.e. you can have either age A, or age B, but not both.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 08:30:42 am »

Need to wait until next version; To reach Twilight, you need to kill most of the people in the world, which you'd need armies for.

This is why I suggested the Masterwork mod. It has a "Embassy" building that lets you "challenge" megabeasts drawing them to your fort, as well as letting you declare war on other civs. Theoretically this could get us all the way to the Twilight age, possibly killing every other civ but ours (actually I think you can declare war on other dwarves too, so the fort would be the last refuge of dwarfkind) and then we could just kill the fort, putting us in the "Death" age.

Then we make adventurers to kill any leftovers to get to the "Empty" age.

It'll take more than the next version. You won't be able to send out armies in the upcoming one.

Oh, and BFEL: There are some ages you can't reach in one go - i.e. you can have either age A, or age B, but not both.

D'aww...that was the feature I was most excited for! :(

And I guess we just hit as many as we can, leading to a slow decline from Myth to Empty.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:32:17 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 11:23:50 am »

Every age is impossible, because they can be named afters titans and beasts as well. For example once O had "The age of the three Vampires".

The summoned armies wont affect the other civs much as you cant attack their sites. In short: No, you cant play through several ages.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 11:30:58 am »

If you started in a pocket world and stopped worldgen after year 5, you could feasibly go through this progression of ages;

-Age of Myth
-Age of Legend
-Age of Heros
-Age of Dwarves (after exterminating all hostile civs)
-Golden Age (A period without wars globally)
-Age of Death (Collect all of your species in a single fort and collapse it)
-Age of Emptiness (Embark once more and kill your dwarves, resulting in a world without civilized beings)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 04:06:30 pm »

The summoned armies wont affect the other civs much as you cant attack their sites. In short: No, you cant play through several ages.

Fuck.

Indeed, I do this.