Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should humans get several civs, based on RL civs? (Asian/Western/Arabic/etc) Only one would be active by default, but players can chose to enable more or play as different ones.

Yes, please give us Vikings and Ninjas and Knights.
Yes, but only if it doesnt take too much work.
Maybe better to only make one civ, as close to vanilla DF humans as possible.
Maybe better to only make one civ, as close to MDF humans as possible.
No, I dont like it because it doesnt fit a procedually generated fantasy world.
No, I dont like it, because... (please post the reasons)

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 66

Author Topic: ☼Humans☼ - Everything Human Mode  (Read 147807 times)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Humans☼ - Everything Human Mode
« Reply #720 on: November 12, 2014, 11:20:51 am »

Merchant guild's first expansion is your goto building.
Even for dwarves, it have nothing to do with the archeology building, but in the trade storehouse.

By the way, humans to have an archeologist, it just means that you still  haven't upgraded every guilds, there are a lot of very neat things in there, and I'd recommand opening that big flowchart that Meph made for us.

That flowchart is really a superb way to present you the possibilities in a clear, concise way, and give you an idea of how to progress, depending on your goals.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 12, 2014, 03:44:18 pm »

Found a possible exploit. I know that humans aren't supposed to be able to work candy like the dwarves, and as such can't extract the strings; but what they can do is enable raw candy as non-economic, cut each boulder into 8 blocks, and make from those blocks 4 different weapons while only wasting about 50% of what I assume to be the important combat modifiers. (I checked with a calculator, most of the vanilla values are still way higher than steel.) Considering how many wafers it takes to make anything out of refined candy, making candy-block weapons/armor is absurdly OP by comparison and the raw material should probably be nerfed if it hasn't already. I suggest remaking it into a sort of supernaturally-light just-above-steel tier metal; that way it's still a viable super-weapon material, but doesn't overshadow refined candy.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 03:52:59 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

maverik010

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 13, 2014, 04:45:40 am »

Thank you guys for answers. I wanted to buff up my military on the start with boxes to save time on manual fitting the equiupment (i trying multiple sets of military on the start). Now i see that won't work (laziness is bad thing, i know and leads to early fun  :D). Thanks a lot.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 20, 2014, 10:04:38 am »

A stupid question: How to make cloth from fleece yarn? I've got some "fleece yarn" in my tanner, but my loom does not accept those.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #724 on: November 20, 2014, 10:09:55 am »

Fleece makes 3 pieces of thread, not one. Its more efficient, and there should be a reaction in the tanner? If not, try the greater tannery from the guild
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 20, 2014, 10:15:22 am »

Fleece makes 3 pieces of thread, not one. Its more efficient, and there should be a reaction in the tanner? If not, try the greater tannery from the guild
Thank you but the problem is not making thread. The tanner has a reaction "Comb a fleece", it runs automatically and I have some threads called "fleece yarn" now in the tanner. I believe they are threads because the stocks view in the 'z' menu says that. The loom has 4 weaving reaction for cotton, silk, yarn and metal but none of them accept the "fleece yarn"s. So my question is how to make cloth?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 20, 2014, 11:04:27 am »

Strange, I'm pretty sure "fleece yarn" threads are used for the "yarn" cloth.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 20, 2014, 11:45:04 am »

Does the Farmers' Workshop accept it for spinning?

Also IIRC, in vanilla some types of thread like horse-hair are too short/coarse and can't be woven into cloth, if that effect can carry over at all it'd be important to know what animal the fleece came from.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 21, 2014, 08:20:27 am »

Thank you all. I've found the reason. There was a hospital zone over the tanner! When I was playing dwarves I never put the hospital or the tanner on the ground and they never overlapped. I didn't know the weaving will always fail despite the hospital is set to store no threads.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 21, 2014, 12:57:42 pm »

Hospitals will overstock, and never give back, that's a vanilla thing.

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 24, 2014, 07:54:00 pm »

I can't get the "fill barrel/pot with water (10)" to work. I have access to fresh water.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 24, 2014, 09:49:31 pm »

you need to have your workshop directly next to the water

XXXw
XXXw
XXXw

X are your workshop
w is water, 1 z-level lower, with direct view.

Basically, build it next to a pont or a river.

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 27, 2014, 01:23:18 am »

About the poll: I wouldn't like it, because right now Warlocks are my preferred race and I would like to see them more refined first.

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 30, 2014, 08:38:35 pm »

Question: can Seawolf society arms fire bullets made by humans in their workshops?

A citizen made a Seawolf society arms in a strange mood but I don't know if I can make ammunition for it in Human Mode. I haven't made the effort to make bullets and equip it somebody to find out firsthand, but it'd be great if somebody could let me know in advance.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 30, 2014, 08:41:21 pm »

Question: can Seawolf society arms fire bullets made by humans in their workshops?

A citizen made a Seawolf society arms in a strange mood but I don't know if I can make ammunition for it in Human Mode. I haven't made the effort to make bullets and equip it somebody to find out firsthand, but it'd be great if somebody could let me know in advance.

Yep, should work
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 66