Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should humans get several civs, based on RL civs? (Asian/Western/Arabic/etc) Only one would be active by default, but players can chose to enable more or play as different ones.

Yes, please give us Vikings and Ninjas and Knights.
Yes, but only if it doesnt take too much work.
Maybe better to only make one civ, as close to vanilla DF humans as possible.
Maybe better to only make one civ, as close to MDF humans as possible.
No, I dont like it because it doesnt fit a procedually generated fantasy world.
No, I dont like it, because... (please post the reasons)

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 66

Author Topic: ☼Humans☼ - Everything Human Mode  (Read 148561 times)

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Humans☼ - Everything Human Mode
« Reply #810 on: March 12, 2015, 12:53:16 pm »

Um, I'm having some trouble with using the Geomagic Map to play humans. I tried it multiple times, without touching the Parameters at all, and its having an impossible time placing humans down as a playable civ. Is there a reason behind this that  needs to be fix in parameters?

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 12, 2015, 01:06:40 pm »

Maybe you should try using the mod preset parameters? At the World Gen tab? Also, sometimes, even with the parameters, it just refuses to work (once had to go up to 1000 resets on the same generation), so try closing and opening again.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #812 on: March 24, 2015, 11:39:23 am »

Let's bring the relevant threads back to the first page... *bump

The 40.x update of the humans will be delayed at least till Toady One releases the new DF version that includes traders and taverns. Lots of new features for modders to play around with, and no reason to simulate it badly now. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 26, 2015, 09:04:49 am »

I cannot recall...Have the Humans had the screw press and thus the Compact Peat reaction removed?

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 26, 2015, 10:27:25 am »

The screwpress is one of the Farmer's Guild extensions, though I don't remember if compacting peat is on it's list of reactions.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

jomen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 27, 2015, 12:50:44 pm »

Hi everyone

I 'm wondering how do you install cannon . I have cannons which are considered as animals , i have built arsenals , but now what should i do ?

The manual says that you have to pastured cannons on top of arsenal . I did so but what now ? I don't really understand how to do. I searched with the research forum but find anything.

Need help here :)

And about the turret ( i have buy some from caravans ) how does it work ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #816 on: March 27, 2015, 09:05:28 pm »

Since they are animals, you can pasture them just like any other pet. You make a 1-tile zone 'I' on the workshop and assign it as pasture 'n' and put the cannon in it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
  • And i suppose you think you're the one to do it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 02, 2015, 06:58:35 am »

Hey. So a machine operator got a strange mood (possessed). But I didn't know what he needed, he didn't claim any workshop. He's insane now and we prolly have to kill him. But for later ref, how do you find out what he needs?

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 02, 2015, 08:22:05 am »

Workshop requirements are determined by either the worker's "Highest Moodable skill", or else require a crafts-workshop if they don't have one. The best way to prepare for a mood is to just build at least one of each vanilla workshop (and glass furnace) and keep a small stock of as many different materials as you can. This chart on the wiki should prove handy in the future: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Strange_mood#Skills_and_workshops

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 02, 2015, 10:58:24 am »

Ah.... New problem though. I can't seem to build roofs... I had to channel underground and then it roofed. Help?
Edit: Also barrel water filling is bugged. Or it seems so. Most of the time I get something along these lines: Cannot fill water barrel, water source needed.

There's a river in walking distance  :-\
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:01:26 pm by lordofgilneas »

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 02, 2015, 06:49:47 pm »

Ah.... New problem though. I can't seem to build roofs... I had to channel underground and then it roofed. Help?
Edit: Also barrel water filling is bugged. Or it seems so. Most of the time I get something along these lines: Cannot fill water barrel, water source needed.

There's a river in walking distance  :-\

Well for the first problem, is the roof accessible? You need an orthogonal (opposite of diagonal) space and a way to walk up to it to build any construct, including floors for roofing.

As for the second, I think the water-filling reaction uses some DF Hack trickery to require fresh water underneath the workshop itself. Either that or adjacent to it, I forget which.

Crust13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 02, 2015, 07:15:23 pm »

whats with humans and nobles?

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 02, 2015, 10:17:21 pm »

I dunno. Also thanks, I'll be sure to try that.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 03, 2015, 10:34:21 am »

whats with humans and nobles?

Historically speaking, the longer a human society exists, the larger, more bloated, and more privileged it's ruling class will become. MWDF humans have lot in common with a typical medieval Italian city-state. At the top you have the King/Queen who may claim to be divine, followed by rich estate-holders like Counts, followed by village Mayors with whom the higher nobles consult with to inform the masses of the state's demands, and finally you have the general bureaucracy that actually does the paperwork in telling the peasantry what exactly needs to be done.

For the purposes of playing, just think of the potentially infinite nobles as a way to get special treatment for your favorite workers without pissing off the other "real" nobles, with the added bonus of never missing out on a good trade deal just because the broker decided to take a nap immediately after he went off break.

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 07, 2015, 02:53:15 am »

I've been wondering...Since [CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:COMBATHARDNESS] is no longer a thing, what will be used in the Reborn version of Humans to upgrade their knights into paladins? The old Tennis interactions? Or that feature is just begin cut off?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 66