Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should humans get several civs, based on RL civs? (Asian/Western/Arabic/etc) Only one would be active by default, but players can chose to enable more or play as different ones.

Yes, please give us Vikings and Ninjas and Knights.
Yes, but only if it doesnt take too much work.
Maybe better to only make one civ, as close to vanilla DF humans as possible.
Maybe better to only make one civ, as close to MDF humans as possible.
No, I dont like it because it doesnt fit a procedually generated fantasy world.
No, I dont like it, because... (please post the reasons)

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 66

Author Topic: ☼Humans☼ - Everything Human Mode  (Read 148154 times)

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
Re: ☼Humans☼ - Everything Human Mode
« Reply #885 on: April 22, 2015, 03:56:39 pm »

That will teach me to not read the patch notes of the rebirth. :P

Started a game with humans, and then couldnt' find any of their unique buildings...

Can't wait for their re-implementation!

Woo! Go Picard!
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 22, 2015, 05:18:13 pm »

I am also pretty hype for new humans, it will be so much easier to make aboveground buildings with new trees and better wood. I want to make massive gunrunner fortresses and then come visit them as an adventurer

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 25, 2015, 12:39:02 pm »

I can't seem to upgrade the west and south wings of the smith guild hall. I have an anvil, I have plenty of blocks, and i have the upgrade permit. I don't have any stockpiles aside from a food one, and no burrows.
EDIT: Turns out I placed the east one on the west side and the west one on the east side and mistook them. Still I should have everything I need for the south upgrade, but I can't seem to upgrade it.
EDITAGAIN: I have been able to construct the blast furnace as well so it is just the armory and weaponry that I can't make.
FINALEDIT: I figured it out you need two anvils. It looked like only one was needed.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:58:54 pm by vjmdhzgr »
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

caekdaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 26, 2015, 02:14:18 am »

I've got a question...how on earth do you use clay? The clay oven refers to having the material shaped and then firing it, but I can't find a building to shape it :O

I'm still using a version from before the Rebirth, but I have no idea how to use the clay I've got...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:18:51 am by caekdaemon »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #889 on: April 26, 2015, 02:54:33 am »

I've got a question...how on earth do you use clay? The clay oven refers to having the material shaped and then firing it, but I can't find a building to shape it :O

I'm still using a version from before the Rebirth, but I have no idea how to use the clay I've got...
Workshop(foreign) => Kobolds contract. The kobold potter works with clay.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

caekdaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 26, 2015, 03:01:12 am »

Workshop(foreign) => Kobolds contract. The kobold potter works with clay.
Ah right :D That's a little...hard for me to do at this point in the game, but it should be possible.

Let's just hope this fireclay industry pays itself off :D

EDIT : Actually, this is pretty odd, since it's possible for a human player to build a clay oven to fire it long before they can get a kobold workshop.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:08:50 am by caekdaemon »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #891 on: April 26, 2015, 07:56:50 am »

Yes, because the clay oven is hardcoded and is required to issue the "collect clay" job.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheStratovarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 05, 2015, 04:04:55 am »

I'm getting an odd thing with guild joining. It doesn't matter the  It removes the person from the therapist and puts it as a military unit named guild apprentice, but won't change them out of it. I can leave a guild just fine, just not join one. Loving the human faction immensely, just finding that odd aspect irking.

Plazma_Rush

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:???]
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 06, 2015, 08:05:17 pm »

I'm getting an odd thing with guild joining. It doesn't matter the  It removes the person from the therapist and puts it as a military unit named guild apprentice, but won't change them out of it. I can leave a guild just fine, just not join one. Loving the human faction immensely, just finding that odd aspect irking.

Not really understanding what you mean. Normally, it makes them into a Guild Apprentice and after a while they return to normal as a guild member.
Have you tried waiting for a bit?

killy667

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 24, 2015, 03:00:29 pm »

How do I get coins for a university/guild?

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 24, 2015, 04:56:34 pm »

Well you can dig up some gold and smith it into coins or you can build a few local merchant stall buildings and sell whatever raw materials you have available. I recommend the stone and gem merchants, you're probably going to be quarrying anyway to get building supplies so that can be a easy way to make money.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #896 on: May 24, 2015, 11:41:07 pm »

Three options:
- You mint your own coins, aka mine gold, smelt gold bars and forge gold coins in the vanilla forge. Just like vanilla DF.
- You rent out workshops, aka you buy a "trade licence"-tool from a caravan, build a trader (foreign) and rent it out. Not very efficient.
- You sell stuff, aka you build a trader (local), get some resources/items and sell them. The best way.

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 26, 2015, 04:30:45 pm »

Version: 6.2.7

I never seem to get attacked when i play as Humans, i am a Barony i have several Fortress Defense races active, i am at war with the Goblins, i have have been letting all the Snatchers go.

It has been 5 Years.
I am bored and on the verge of going to the Circus for the Lolz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #898 on: June 27, 2015, 10:37:18 am »

You can declare war on purpose.

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 27, 2015, 04:23:12 pm »

I know you can summon sieges via the Merchants Guild but the manual states that doesn't change alligence.

Unless i'm missing something
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 66