Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should humans get several civs, based on RL civs? (Asian/Western/Arabic/etc) Only one would be active by default, but players can chose to enable more or play as different ones.

Yes, please give us Vikings and Ninjas and Knights.
Yes, but only if it doesnt take too much work.
Maybe better to only make one civ, as close to vanilla DF humans as possible.
Maybe better to only make one civ, as close to MDF humans as possible.
No, I dont like it because it doesnt fit a procedually generated fantasy world.
No, I dont like it, because... (please post the reasons)

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 66

Author Topic: ☼Humans☼ - Everything Human Mode  (Read 148528 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Humans☼ - Everything Human Mode
« Reply #900 on: June 27, 2015, 07:08:54 pm »

That is correct. You get an attack, no actual war. I'm not sure why you are not attacked, that has never been a problem in 34.11. Maybe too far away from the other civs?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 28, 2015, 01:25:29 am »

Embark Screen said i was in range of all the active Civs

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 28, 2015, 10:25:22 am »

That is correct. You get an attack, no actual war. I'm not sure why you are not attacked, that has never been a problem in 34.11. Maybe too far away from the other civs?
Distance from other civs affecting their attacks was only added in 0.40. The only distance civs couldn't travel was across oceans or over mountains that have no way around them.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 17, 2015, 10:52:18 am »

I so want to play Human mode in the new version...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 17, 2015, 11:11:24 am »

Yeah me too, can't wait.

Just got a plague in my new human city. I think I have the two infectees in quarantine,  but how can I actually cure them?

EDIT: Oh jesus i lied the entire fortress is infected what the fuck do i do send help. Everyone is now Pock-marked plaugebearers.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 11:31:35 am by Wyzack »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 17, 2015, 11:31:29 am »

I'm not super knowledgeable about either diseases or human mode, so take with a grain of salt.

Disease resisting potions include Dwarven Cure-all (brewed from a plant; humans might be able to cultivate at some kind of elf building, .. or possibly import in crates) and Orcish Black Draught (humans should be able to buy at the Orcish trader). 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 11:33:33 am by smakemupagus »

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 17, 2015, 11:51:47 am »

Fuck I fucked up. Made a hospital to help the sick. All 87 humans save like 5 immediately went to rest.  Deleting the zone did not get them back up. There is a very real chance everyone is about to starve to death, Boatdiamond is about to become a plague necropolis.  Fuck.

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 17, 2015, 04:42:00 pm »

Well they got up before they starved, but everyone still has horrible blisterplague and is bleeding from their weeping sores all over the place. Plus that dorf diplomat totally brought the disease with him when he left. The whole place is on lockdown until we figure out a cure or everyone dies. Trying the famers guild herbalist, hopefully it works. Migrants are building a temporary shanty town outside. Things look pretty grim.

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #908 on: September 29, 2015, 03:54:29 pm »

Are Humans still the planned feature for the 'next update' whenever that may be? No rush, just can't remember what was picked in the end?
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 30, 2015, 08:03:03 am »

I'm not sure if I'm missing something really stupid...I'm trying to set up the Mason Guilds Archaeologist wing, but it refuses to set up. I have the Mason Permit West, and more blocks than I can shake a stick at. Are there any other materials to build it I'm missing?

Above problem was resolved, but a new one cropped up. Is the Turn Booze into Fuel reaction supposed to take ages to do? I have had someone doing the reaction in the Booze Burner for almost a whole season.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:53:58 pm by chaosfiend »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #910 on: December 01, 2015, 11:44:13 am »

Reactions always take the same time, the only factor is the skill of the user. Legendary will finish almost instantly, a dabbling human will take forever.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 01, 2015, 12:04:31 pm »

What is the specific Skill for the Booze burner if I may ask?

Devin9

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 15, 2016, 07:59:13 am »

Fuck I fucked up. Made a hospital to help the sick. All 87 humans save like 5 immediately went to rest.  Deleting the zone did not get them back up. There is a very real chance everyone is about to starve to death, Boatdiamond is about to become a plague necropolis.  Fuck.
Didn't you know? If your settlement has boat in the name, it's going to get wiped out in some really weird and sudden way.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 01, 2016, 05:56:35 am »

Better architecture in sites.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 14, 2016, 05:22:37 am »

Do humans not have screw presses?  Started in a location with peat and was dismayed to find I couldn't compress it and use it as fuel for my industry.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 66