Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should humans get several civs, based on RL civs? (Asian/Western/Arabic/etc) Only one would be active by default, but players can chose to enable more or play as different ones.

Yes, please give us Vikings and Ninjas and Knights.
Yes, but only if it doesnt take too much work.
Maybe better to only make one civ, as close to vanilla DF humans as possible.
Maybe better to only make one civ, as close to MDF humans as possible.
No, I dont like it because it doesnt fit a procedually generated fantasy world.
No, I dont like it, because... (please post the reasons)

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 66

Author Topic: ☼Humans☼ - Everything Human Mode  (Read 148767 times)

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Humans☼ - Everything Human Mode
« Reply #690 on: October 02, 2014, 08:08:46 pm »

Hey guys, since the start of my fortress I've been fishing to keep it fed and it was going great but now that the river is now empty of all life I started making the neat new fisher guilds and i made a few of them.

http://i.imgur.com/d8wts5i.png

The problem is that i was noticing my fish stock still dropping and that all my fisher guilds qere farming was a substance called "knowledge".
So no fish but allot of "knowledge which is worrying me, I'l still build a farm but I was hoping to know if this si a bug or something.

http://i.imgur.com/W1hkkM3.png ( as you can see my turtlepond is full of knowledge but no turtles)

denspb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 03, 2014, 04:02:19 am »

The problem is that i was noticing my fish stock still dropping and that all my fisher guilds qere farming was a substance called "knowledge".
So no fish but allot of "knowledge which is worrying me, I'l still build a farm but I was hoping to know if this si a bug or something.

http://i.imgur.com/W1hkkM3.png ( as you can see my turtlepond is full of knowledge but no turtles)
As I believe, this knowledge stones are there for the quicker experience growth. They should evaporate as they appear (it implies you haven't turned off TEMPERATURE).
As for fish/turtles, each reaction generates fish or turtle with 10% chance (50% chance for knowledge stone).
With legendary fish farmer (and no stockpile for buckets) that would still bring you tons of food, but with dabbling fisher it can be really slow.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 03, 2014, 05:23:31 am »

Your right I did turn off tempature so would that mean that i can still get fish but with knowledge stones or do I have to turn on tempature to get fish?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 03, 2014, 06:09:23 am »

No, the temperature will only make the rocks evaporate (along with a whole lot of other similar "rocks").

The ponds are just fairly low probability, all of them, and it's on the labels too.
They usually are only half decent once you get to very high level in the skill, to be able to chain the jobs very fast.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

denspb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 03, 2014, 03:25:05 pm »

Couple of bug reports (so that they don't get lost).
1) Easy workout in Weight bench consumes the bar reagent (Medium/Hard workouts are fine)
2) "Farm turtles" says 5% chance in title, but actual chance is 10%.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 03, 2014, 06:01:26 pm »

The "workout" (the easy one) is a reaction that does not use any item in the raws, so I really doubt it would consume anything.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

denspb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 04, 2014, 01:16:46 am »

The "workout" (the easy one) is a reaction that does not use any item in the raws, so I really doubt it would consume anything.
I believe that was true in prior versions, however in 6.1 raws are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 04, 2014, 01:39:56 am »

Oh, I mostly play with the v6, because I don't care too much for the hermit, and from "reaction_masterwork2.txt"

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:WORK_OUT1]
[NAME:Work out]
[BUILDING:TRAINING_DWARF:CUSTOM_A]
[BUILDING:WEIGHT_SET_KOBOLD:CUSTOM_A]
[PRODUCT:100:10:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SWEAT]
[SKILL:MISC_WEAPON]

[REACTION:WORK_OUT2]
[NAME:Work out - Medium (Any Metal Bar)]
[BUILDING:TRAINING_DWARF:CUSTOM_B]
[BUILDING:WEIGHT_SET_KOBOLD:CUSTOM_B]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:IS_METAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:100:20:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SWEAT]

[REACTION:WORK_OUT3]
[NAME:Work out - Hard (Lead Bar)]
[BUILDING:TRAINING_DWARF:CUSTOM_C]
[BUILDING:WEIGHT_SET_KOBOLD:CUSTOM_C]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:LEAD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:100:30:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SWEAT]

It's a bit odd, I really thought that 6.1 was just adding the hermit, but apparently, other changes had been made.

denspb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 05, 2014, 03:29:23 am »

One more strange thing I've witnessed. It looks more like dwarf fortress bug rather than MW, but MW seems to create conditions necessary to reproduce:

In my human fort I have 3 bureaucrats. At some point new items required to increase precision of bookkeeping. Two of bureaucrats started updating records simultaneously and it seems that they were nod doing any progress at all. It could be true if record keeping job does "at the end of job unit set the bookkeeping score to score at the beginning of the job + some value".
Could someone proove/refute that?

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 17, 2014, 05:22:42 pm »

Hey. Just wanted to ask - on the fort in my sig, I rented market stalls in spring for 3 months. It is now autumn, they haven't left. I need those coins - am I meant to do something?
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #700 on: October 17, 2014, 08:27:52 pm »

Hey. Just wanted to ask - on the fort in my sig, I rented market stalls in spring for 3 months. It is now autumn, they haven't left. I need those coins - am I meant to do something?
You get the coins the instant you rent it out. If they dont leave (which they should), you can kick them out manually.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 17, 2014, 10:08:50 pm »

You get the coins the instant you rent it out. If they dont leave (which they should), you can kick them out manually.
???

I tried several times, looked all around, etc.

No coins. I'll check tomorrow.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #702 on: October 17, 2014, 10:41:13 pm »

Only one that doesnt give coins is the human merchant/worker. All other do give coins.
Which race is it, and which workshop?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 17, 2014, 10:44:06 pm »

Only one that doesnt give coins is the human merchant/worker. All other do give coins.
Which race is it, and which workshop?
Ah. I've been renting the foreign and local stalls to humans. Bah.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #704 on: October 17, 2014, 10:50:46 pm »

Manual and flowchart say that you dont get anything from them. :P after all, you rent to your own people, there is no outside flux of money coming in. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 66