Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should humans get several civs, based on RL civs? (Asian/Western/Arabic/etc) Only one would be active by default, but players can chose to enable more or play as different ones.

Yes, please give us Vikings and Ninjas and Knights.
Yes, but only if it doesnt take too much work.
Maybe better to only make one civ, as close to vanilla DF humans as possible.
Maybe better to only make one civ, as close to MDF humans as possible.
No, I dont like it because it doesnt fit a procedually generated fantasy world.
No, I dont like it, because... (please post the reasons)

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 66

Author Topic: ☼Humans☼ - Everything Human Mode  (Read 148458 times)

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Humans☼ - Everything Human Mode
« Reply #750 on: December 07, 2014, 11:38:26 pm »

Human can't build stable?

There's a "kennel" attachment in the Farmer's guild. I haven't messed with it much, but I assume it's the same thing.
Never built a farmer's guild. I'll try it. :D

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 08, 2014, 10:10:29 am »

There's a "kennel" attachment in the Farmer's guild. I haven't messed with it much, but I assume it's the same thing.

While asking community may be a beneficial solution, due to users living in different time zones, getting an answer might take hours, or even days. In the future, i humbly recommend looking at the beautiful cheatsheet Meph provided us - all guildhalls and their respective extensions are listed there, and opening it (depending on the machine you are operating on) will take only several seconds, which compared to 2-3 hours waiting for a forum response might seem a little...faster.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 08, 2014, 11:30:14 am »

While asking community may be a beneficial solution, due to users living in different time zones, getting an answer might take hours, or even days. In the future, i humbly recommend looking at the beautiful cheatsheet Meph provided us - all guildhalls and their respective extensions are listed there, and opening it (depending on the machine you are operating on) will take only several seconds, which compared to 2-3 hours waiting for a forum response might seem a little...faster.
The beautiful cheatsheet didn't say anything about feeding grazers. I won't argue about your opinion about community but, I dug around the raws and found that humans can't feed grazers. In entity_good_human.txt there are no FEED_PET* reactions permitted. And in reaction_human.txt none of the reactions produce INORGANIC:PET_FEEDING boulders. In the war kennel, south extension of farmer's guild, you can only neuter, train, armor animals.

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 08, 2014, 12:41:02 pm »

The beautiful cheatsheet didn't say anything about feeding grazers. I won't argue about your opinion about community but, I dug around the raws and found that humans can't feed grazers. In entity_good_human.txt there are no FEED_PET* reactions permitted. And in reaction_human.txt none of the reactions produce INORGANIC:PET_FEEDING boulders. In the war kennel, south extension of farmer's guild, you can only neuter, train, armor animals.

If is it true, then you have my apologies. I personally never bother with grazing livestock - far too much trouble.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #754 on: December 09, 2014, 02:42:50 pm »

I might add stables. Did realize that they were important, seeing that humans live aboveground, which means access to pastures.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deathswarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 11, 2014, 12:16:44 pm »

In vanilla, humans had cheetahs, giant eagles and camels. Can we have that at embark?

Deathswarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 11, 2014, 10:51:46 pm »

So humans can't use magic or magic workshops

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 11, 2014, 11:15:49 pm »

So humans can't use magic or magic workshops

Is that a question or a statement

Humans can recruit a simple Mage unit at Deon's Tavern, but as far as I know they don't have a magic user's guild. 

Deathswarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 12, 2014, 01:04:01 am »

It's a question and thanks, I spent an hour seeing if it was a bug or not.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #759 on: December 12, 2014, 10:04:06 am »

You got religion and some simple mages from the tavern. A summoner, a healer, a battle-mage.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sgtmook

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Self proclaimed !!Scientist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 27, 2014, 02:16:31 am »

Silly question, probably. How does one go about building a cannon? When I use the cannon engineer's build a cannon task, my engineer just takes all the materials, work for a while, then leave the workshop empty handed.

I read on the manual that cannons are supposed to be creatures, is a cannon supposed to spawn at the cannon engineer's when the build cannon task is complete? If so, what could cause the cannon to not spawn?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #761 on: December 27, 2014, 05:37:56 am »

Silly question, probably. How does one go about building a cannon? When I use the cannon engineer's build a cannon task, my engineer just takes all the materials, work for a while, then leave the workshop empty handed.

I read on the manual that cannons are supposed to be creatures, is a cannon supposed to spawn at the cannon engineer's when the build cannon task is complete? If so, what could cause the cannon to not spawn?
You are right, it should spawn a creature. I checked, the product is missing, I'll fix it.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 27, 2014, 06:09:23 am »

I might not be the best for advices on this, as I play on 1/8 speed ever since it became an option.

Excuse me, what's this? I didn't find anything like this in the manual.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #763 on: December 27, 2014, 06:13:32 am »

I might not be the best for advices on this, as I play on 1/8 speed ever since it became an option.

Excuse me, what's this? I didn't find anything like this in the manual.
When you open the GUI, there is a setting for calender speed.

A few extra words on the calender speed: It can be changed in a running fort, but you need to restart DF for it to go into effect. It makes the days pass slower or faster, which results in longer or shorter seasons. That means you can have more or less time between seasonal effects, like caravans, sieges, ambushes and migrants. It does not, I repeat NOT, change game speed, creature speed, how fast crops grow, ingame ticks, diseases, how fast children grow or anything else. Its just the time on the calender. But in relation to the season, things might go faster or slower. If you play with 1/8 time, it takes 8 times as long to complete a year. This means that a plant that needed 2 seasons to grow, now needs 1/4 of a season. Kids that grow up in 8 years would only need 1. Thats because the year has more time units. The other way around, if you play with 8 times speed, it will be pretty impossible to harvest any plants before winter, because winter arrives very, very fast. As long as it takes normally to go to Mid-Spring. Same RL time.

How is this used? For two things: Players that are pressured in the beginning by migrant waves and early ambushes can get more time. For example I played a 2 year fort with 1/2 speed, which is about 4 normal years of time, and only got 3 migrant waves. This means you have more time to get your fort started. On the other hand, if you are bored with your high-end fortress that does not get attacked often enough, you can increase the calender speed. On 4 times speed, you will face sieges, titans and fbs 4 times more often, in the same RL time that passed. It also makes for curious succession forts and time anomaly stories. :)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 28, 2014, 05:21:17 am »

Another dumb question:
Is there any way for humans to process the special metals?
Steeloak, welded wolfram/mithril and volcanic comes to mind. I know I can grow steeloak, but what happens when it's harvested? Do I get a bar instantly?
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 66