Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Armies of Kallamere (This is back!)  (Read 6711 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Armies of Kallamere (This is back!)
« on: April 08, 2014, 04:05:38 pm »

Armies of Kallamere

You are a knight in the Kingdom of Kallamere. You've served in your lord's army for three years, ascending through the ranks to where you are now - second only to your lord himself. Your lord's name is Teldin Lofmire, and he is a Signate, one of the men responsible for maintaining and leading the King's armies.

You are currently marching through a dense forest, coming closer to a bandit group's hideout. Days before, Signate Lofmire received word of a group of brigands that needed to be taken care of. The bandits were becoming increasingly troublesome; they were raiding caravans and burning local villages. Believing this to be a simple task, Lofmir only left with his retinue and a score of men at arms. Now, you can feel that someone was watching your progress. Before you know it, the woods around you are filled with a strange whirring sound, reminding you of a bee's hum. Suddenly the world around turns to nothing as a slingstone slams into the side of your helmet, knocking you over. Somehow you manage to faintly hear someone shout, "Ambush!"

Falling unconscious saved your life, as the assaulting bandits took you for dead. It is late evening when you awake, finding the survivors of the attack huddled around a small fire. You move over to join them. One man, another retainer named Oliver, looks up your approach. "You're alive! We thought for sure that stone had ended you," he says. You sit on a nearby rock and reply,"It feels like it. It's going to hurt for a while. What's happened and who has survived? Where's Signate Lofmire?" The men around the fire look away when you mention Lofmire. A sergeant speaks up hesitantly,"My lord, he.. he was killed by that pig, Emerson, their leader. He had snuck up behind the Signate in the battle and kill't him from behind! After that he demanded surrender." One of the men at arms continues,"We complied. They took all our arms, but they left us our armor. Guess they want us to spread the word of how powerful they are." A minute of silence follows. Oliver breaks it with a short laugh. "They're mistake. I'll make them pay for what they've done." Another surviving knight, Ulman, speaks to you, "Well, what will you have us do? You'll be our Signate now you know." He's right, the position of Signate, unlike other titles, isn't handed down through kinship, it is given through rank. As Lofmire's second, you will be expected to assume his place. However, you have other worries at the moment. Your head is still swimming and you can't remember some things. You need to remember what your name is. What weapon did you use? What were you particularly good at and was there anything else important that you need to remember about your past? You should also decide what to do; the castle at which you were staying is three days away. However, the brigands only left you with a day's supply of food. You have a total of twenty eight men left, of the original forty five. One man tells you that there had been at least four score of the bandits.

Spoiler: Stuff About the World (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Important Notes (click to show/hide)
Thanks for reading all that, if you did, and I hope you liked it. :D

EDIT: Just to note: It will be possible to gain more skills as the game goes on.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 01:50:02 pm by Worldmaster27 »

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armies of Kallamere
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 04:06:04 pm »

Reserved.

Name : Jedekiah Monrow
Weapon : Broadsword.
Skills : Swordsmanship, Leadership, Tactician, Administration.

March towards a village that's in the same direction as the castle.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:16:48 pm by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 04:31:17 pm »

In
Name: Jeffery McGibbons
Weapon: Mace
Skills: Heavy Infantry, Inspiring Voice, Use of Terrain, Logistics
Gather more supplies

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:34:49 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 04:48:12 pm »

In
Gather more supplies
+1

Solid choice. We are "in our element" as a knight, we are able to rally our troops for morale, give out good orders according to the situation and plan / lead a campaign. We are in-between an intellectual type and a military guy - more of the former than the later - but that ought to suit bay12 just fine

Else, I actually like the style. It is short enough to not diminish interest, but also has a good range of options for customization. So yeah - posting to watch and contribute.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 05:07:49 pm »

I got the idea that things like "Use of Terrain" and "Tactics" were up to us, or would we get bonus on top of the effectiveness of our plans no matter how poorly planned they may be if we choose thise?

If yes, then
Reserved.

Name : Jedekiah Monrow
Weapon : Broadsword.
Skills : Swordsmanship, Leadership, Tactician, Administration.

March towards a village that's in the same direction as the castle.
+1, because terrain is relatively easy to take advantage of, while almost everything we do relies on tactics and leadership so any bonus there would benefit us more.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 05:27:04 pm »

The only actual difference is weapon and that his knight has no weapons skill but mine does.

Inspiring voice and Leadership are basically the same except voice is a narrower field.
Terrain is just a narrow version of tactics.
Admin and Logistics both cover the same thing as well.

Then my Knight is skilled with his weapon his is skilled in infantry, though since medieval warfare was dominated by heavy cavalry and Knights were predominantly a mounted force that's a bit odd.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 05:51:36 pm »

Well, for skills I'm mostly going to use them to influence my decisions and I'll give a larger margin for error in things related to that skill. With the more specialized skills, I'll be more generous with matters involving that skill, but you won't be as good with other things. I may fail something if it is too complex when you don't have the proper skill. As for the weapon skill, you will already have good skill in that weapon. (You are a knight, after all.)
Keep in mind that this is not set in stone; I'm open to other ways of using the skills if anyone has a suggestion.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:53:50 pm by Worldmaster27 »

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 06:44:30 pm »

The only actual difference is weapon and that his knight has no weapons skill but mine does.

Inspiring voice and Leadership are basically the same except voice is a narrower field.
Terrain is just a narrow version of tactics.
Admin and Logistics both cover the same thing as well.

Then my Knight is skilled with his weapon his is skilled in infantry, though since medieval warfare was dominated by heavy cavalry and Knights were predominantly a mounted force that's a bit odd.

Yeah but if you want to be a Knight then all you want is a lance. Any other weapon is too short range on horseback. (And for the record no it's nearly impossible to use a two handed sword on horseback. )
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 07:20:45 pm »

Huh I never said use the boradsword from horseback lol. Just that a skill in heavy infantry is odd for a knight especially when you have no weapons skills at all.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 07:26:00 pm »

Huh I never said use the boradsword from horseback lol. Just that a skill in heavy infantry is odd for a knight especially when you have no weapons skills at all.
Reminder: You'll have skill at the chosen weapon; adding a skill proficiency just means that you're a master at the chosen weapon.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 07:27:15 pm »

Ahhh ok, well that suits me a Knight should lead from the front so being a weapon master helps.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 07:10:43 pm »

The two current character suggestions are tied. Each has a single +1.
Lurkers! Now is your time to decide the fate of what our character's skills and name and stuff will be! Post now!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 07:27:54 pm »

Ptw

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 08:04:43 pm »

Lurkers! Now is your time to decide the fate of what our character's skills and name and stuff will be! Post now!
ShadowHammer springs from ambush!
In
Gather more supplies
+1
+1

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 08:05:53 pm »

ShadowHammer springs from ambush!
In
Gather more supplies
+1
+1
Logistics is very important. +1
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 4