Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Remarriage  (Read 1139 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Remarriage
« on: March 28, 2014, 01:22:40 pm »

It would be great to see remarriage put into the game. So far a unit takes only one spouse, and if that spouse dies, then no more children. But this is set in medieval times, when people remarried all the time, and death long before your spouse was common. It would also open up a lot of modding opportunities, like an insect queen that remarries every few years when her drone dies.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Remarriage
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:38:56 pm »

I'd imagine this will be touched upon when we get a full personality rewrite, so relationships actually matter and have some variance.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Frango Nicolbidok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 05:58:35 pm »

"Urist McMiner was sad/angered to divorce/separate with a wife/husband recently."
However, now I wanted some more challenge and embarked to evil biome.
"Terrifying screams come from above!"

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 08:23:28 pm »

I'd imagine this will be touched upon when we get a full personality rewrite, so relationships actually matter and have some variance.
We're actually getting a full personality rewrite right now.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 09:20:55 pm »

Yeah, next version has the personality rewrite. More important is the romance rewrite so that we can have some actual courtship and romance and such instead of "you good friend of opposite gender we make babies".