Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 285402 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 2: Killing Xen.
« Reply #1215 on: May 07, 2014, 07:41:14 pm »

And a "random item" would be fun. Especially if someone gets a live weasel.
This sounds fun! Especially if you add some stuff to the "random item" list not otherwise available, some awesome but more of it...subpar if not dangerous.
Yeah, but it shouldn't be too awesome depending on the price of the random item. You shouldn't be able to get an olympian suit with 5 points, unless it's a 1 in a 1000 chance or if it comes with an infinite fire ant dispenser instead of a Hydration pack or if the chances of getting something terrible or dangerous are very high.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 07, 2014, 07:44:10 pm »

I would have thought that went without saying.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 07, 2014, 07:47:58 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 07, 2014, 08:16:28 pm »

Wasted bastard just assumes the crazy **** he's seeing with weasels and garden weasels are hallucinations, or maybe they're real and everything else is the hallucination. He may have been hallucinating this whole time! Well, that's actually a given.
He walks up to a nearby spectator and screams in their face, cursing them with his halitosis and OD-inducing cloud.
EITHER DISAPPEAR OR MAKE THE WEASELS DISAPPEAR ONE OF YOU HAS TO DISAPPEAR NOW I ACKNOLEDGED THE ILLUSION I KNOW ONE OF THEM IS A FAKE! YOU LOOK LIKE ME SO YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND ME, EITHER DISAPPEAR OR MAKE THEM GO AWAY!
He keeps screaming at the unconscious overdosed victim of his like this for a while.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1219 on: May 08, 2014, 12:05:56 am »

Continue audience biting.

((I just saw a 15 minute youtube ad. Poor money-paying suckers.))
crush weasel in vice-like grip to teach it not to bite me, throw it at contestants.
Unholy manages to pry the weasel off his face but the screeching rodent proves too wiggly to crush and too agile to throw.

And a "random item" would be fun. Especially if someone gets a live weasel.
This sounds fun! Especially if you add some stuff to the "random item" list not otherwise available, some awesome but more of it...subpar if not dangerous.
How much should this "random" option cost? Or should they be able to just put in as much as they want and then hit random?

Retreat from weasel.
Mo Weasels Mo Problems. No thanks.

Drink beer. Throw beer bottle at Xen.
YOU MINE BITCH

Grab weasel and pull him toward me with it, then jump up and kick him in the face when he comes toward me.
So I didn't get the one I tried to nick from the throwing game?  Damn.

Jump back, then jab him with the weasel several times.

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)

Larry thrusts the spiked wheels of the weasel toward Xen, but Xen side steps and grabs the tool by the handle. He yanks Larry forward and uses the momentum to kick Larry straight in the sternum. Larry topples over backwards and loses hold of the Garden Weasel. Xen stands over him, laughing manically for several seconds and appears as though he's about to launch into a diabolical monolog when a beer bottle catches him straight in the temple and he drops like a sack of bricks.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 08, 2014, 12:13:24 am »

Throw unconscious nameless NPC audience member into the ring where people are stabbing each other with a gardening tool, then start yelling at another person. Like maybe that guy who threw some sort of bottle.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 08, 2014, 12:18:31 am »

FUCK
that was too loud
fuck you audience

Roll away with the weasel. Get up. Whack him in the ankles if he comes after me.

Spoiler: Xen Sheet (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 08, 2014, 01:18:11 am »

Order another beer. Don't drink it, just throw it at Larry's head. Full bottles are way cooler to throw. Hurl it like a tomahawk!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 08, 2014, 03:15:39 am »

Unlock secret weasel mind powers. Start mind raping the audience.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:17:58 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 08, 2014, 04:59:31 am »

Discard weasel into arena, hope it mauls a contestant.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 08, 2014, 08:34:41 am »

Impede action.

As to how much Random should cost...it depends on what you put in the random slots.
Unless you're planning to decide that based on the cost, in which case...let's say three points. Three is a nice number.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1226 on: May 08, 2014, 09:56:37 am »

I was thinking random should have tiers. Something like 5 points, 10 points and 20 points. Each tier contains objects that would be priced roughly the same as the random item, with more and less expensive items being rarer.
So, for example, if we're sticking to Original items and not adding Random Only items, one buying a 5 point random item could get a shotgun worth 10 points.
The chances of getting something should probably be unknown, but could be affected by a player's luck stat if you feel like it.

There could also be a small chance to gain an item that is valuable, but not useful in the game unless you're really creative.
For example a day pass to the magister's lower palace or very fancy clothes.
Some of them could be inherently dangerous.

There could also be a very very tiny chance of getting something well beyond the price of the tier you're getting, like giving 5 points and getting an athlete suit worth 15 points.
To balance this out, you could force the players to complete a small puzzle or shackle challenge to open the box the random item comes in if it is really powerful.

The random items should come in a fun package. Maybe something gift wrapped with a ribbon.
Oh, or maybe you could have it be like one of those games where you pick toys up with that claw-crane-thing.

I believe it would be good to have some Random Only items.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 08, 2014, 10:29:49 am »

Quickly get up and stomp his head before he can stand.  Failing that, choke the life out of him.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1228 on: May 08, 2014, 10:53:58 am »

Throw unconscious nameless NPC audience member into the ring where people are stabbing each other with a gardening tool, then start yelling at another person. Like maybe that guy who threw some sort of bottle.

Do we have any unconscious audience members? Oi, Who wants to get thrown into the ring? And die from the fall, of course.

I'm afraid you're a weasel.

Discard weasel into arena, hope it mauls a contestant.
You grab the weasel, run for the edge of the seating area, trip, fall and go flying right off the edge. Both you and the weasel plummet 40 feet to your deaths. Then rocks fall and you die.

Yeah, both of you are dead. Wanna know why? four 1's in a row.

I was thinking random should have tiers. Something like 5 points, 10 points and 20 points. Each tier contains objects that would be priced roughly the same as the random item, with more and less expensive items being rarer.
So, for example, if we're sticking to Original items and not adding Random Only items, one buying a 5 point random item could get a shotgun worth 10 points.
The chances of getting something should probably be unknown, but could be affected by a player's luck stat if you feel like it.

There could also be a small chance to gain an item that is valuable, but not useful in the game unless you're really creative.
For example a day pass to the magister's lower palace or very fancy clothes.
Some of them could be inherently dangerous.

There could also be a very very tiny chance of getting something well beyond the price of the tier you're getting, like giving 5 points and getting an athlete suit worth 15 points.
To balance this out, you could force the players to complete a small puzzle or shackle challenge to open the box the random item comes in if it is really powerful.

The random items should come in a fun package. Maybe something gift wrapped with a ribbon.
Oh, or maybe you could have it be like one of those games where you pick toys up with that claw-crane-thing.

I believe it would be good to have some Random Only items.

What does everyone think of this? Do you like it enough to put a DD or two towards it?

Quickly get up and stomp his head before he can stand.  Failing that, choke the life out of him.

FUCK
that was too loud
fuck you audience

Roll away with the weasel. Get up. Whack him in the ankles if he comes after me.

Spoiler: Xen Sheet (click to show/hide)

Order another beer. Don't drink it, just throw it at Larry's head. Full bottles are way cooler to throw. Hurl it like a tomahawk!

Larry leaps to his feet in a rather impressive fashion and runs over to Xen, who is still laying on the ground. Larry kicks xen in the mouth, knocking out several teeth and causing xen to bleed profusely. Xen doesn't seem very effected though, and lashes out with his stolen garden weasel.  Larry, in a daring display, leaps mover the spiked wheels and lands on the handle, slamming the tool to the ground and snapping the wooden handle in half. A Beer bottle sails over his head as  he does so.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 08, 2014, 10:57:34 am »

"Use your teeth, Larry! Use your teeth! Bite that blighter in the eyes!"

Jangle my dragon teeth and start chanting "murder" over and over.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 153