Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 285499 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 1
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2014, 04:41:49 pm »

Drink all the bottles at once. Still got 5 DD's.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2014, 04:51:47 pm »

"Sword" claps enthusiastically as Allen gets hit. He then jumps up from his seat, to go collect his winnings.
He tossed the coins from palm to palm, eight Deadman Dollars making a satisfying clinking sound, as he returned to his seat.

Net Worth: 8 Deadman Dollars

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2014, 05:49:17 pm »

Okay. Lay down flat on the ground, raise my left hand into the air, and dry to catch a piece of glass with it.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2014, 07:14:54 pm »

Oh, this is hilarious.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2014, 07:35:00 pm »

(Neat, I was useful at the very end. Now watch the penalty game. Blue team rules! Also, when do we vote on who's doing the one-on-one challenge? Is it even a vote?)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Welcome to the Show.
« Reply #155 on: April 11, 2014, 08:05:02 pm »

A thin guy who's spine is slightly visible under his belly scrambled out onto the bleachers, and collides with the guard rail. His lack of clothes beyond the classic heart-polka-dot boxers draws attention, knocking up a cloud of dust; the spectators within a few feet of him immediately fall into drug induced comas. Not really aware of his surroundings, he takes a seat, oblivious to the fact that it was already taken by some guy. He flops back into the dude's chest and stares straight ahead, pupils so wide there aren't any whites to his eyes. He sees the machine on the field warming up, and starts humming at the same pitch.

How many Deadman Dollars did he walk in with?

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2014, 08:28:59 pm »

RED TEAM

Okay. Lay down flat on the ground, raise my left hand into the air, and dry to catch a piece of glass with it.

NO CHARACTER SHEET ROLLING AS THOUGH NO BONUSES!

Navarro raises his left hand into the air, which is the one with the Shackle on it. Catching shards of glass by letting them smash into a metal device at high speeds proves a less then stellar strategy and succeeds only in getting him showered with small fragments of exploding glass.

Gonna need a new strategy, there, Navarro.

A loud airhorn sounds and the center divider jerks up into the air, separating the two zones. The Host, high up on his vantage point, opens his arms to the crowd and gestures wildly as they applaud.
Ernie sits down as the applauding dies out.
"Well, I'd say we're off to a good start today. Whaddda'ya think, Bert?"
He says, while opening two of his beers and handing one to Bert so they can drink together.
"Here ya go mate, first round's on me, cheers!"

Gulp down that beer. What's the brand, by the way?

(I take it there are big screens in te stadium for the audience to follow?

Also, will there ever be more than 2 teams? If no, then I think betting on a team losing should pay out as much as betting on a team winning, since one losing automatically means the other winning. Or do ties count as both teams losing?)

I may just remove betting on losers.

You chug one of your beers. It, like everything else around here, has been branded with the Dead Man Running logo and name and nothing else. No ingredient information, no name, nothing. Judging by the taste though, it's about 3 or 4 times stronger then a normal beer.

Drink all the bottles at once. Still got 5 DD's.
You drink all three bottles within the course of maybe 2 minutes.

You can already feel them kicking in. More in that you have to pee then anything else yet.

A thin guy who's spine is slightly visible under his belly scrambled out onto the bleachers, and collides with the guard rail. His lack of clothes beyond the classic heart-polka-dot boxers draws attention, knocking up a cloud of dust; the spectators within a few feet of him immediately fall into drug induced comas. Not really aware of his surroundings, he takes a seat, oblivious to the fact that it was already taken by some guy. He flops back into the dude's chest and stares straight ahead, pupils so wide there aren't any whites to his eyes. He sees the machine on the field warming up, and starts humming at the same pitch.

How many Deadman Dollars did he walk in with?

7dd.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2014, 08:31:17 pm »

(talking to radio controlled)

"Hey, buddy, spare a beer?"

Try to get a free beer off one of the other audience members.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2014, 08:36:22 pm »

"Oh. I think I forgot one thing."

Undress completely, tie all my clothes around the shackle, with the majority on one side. Catch the glass in this mound of clothing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:41:54 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2014, 08:38:51 pm »

That is the best idea I've ever heard of.

I'm sure the audience will approve greatly.
The Derail Thread

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2014, 09:10:27 pm »

"Oh. I think I forgot one thing."

Undress completely, tie all my clothes around the shackle, with the majority on one side. Catch the glass in this mound of clothing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Navarro quickly removes his jumpsuit and, as best as he can, ties it onto the shackle, wadding it up on one side to act as a cushion. The audience applauds the entire time as he strips naked.

Several shards sail by before one hits his cloth target. It shatters the sprays glass down on him, giving him a myriad of small cuts across his chest and arms. A second smashes and and then a third sails low and catches him below the shackle, carving almost bone deep into the flesh just above his elbow. Navarro grits his teeth and keeps his arm raised while blood pours down his arm and pools around his shoulders and head. The crowd cheers louder. Finally, one hits the cushion and doesn't shatter, but doesn't stick either. It falls toward the ground. Navarro jerks his other hand up and just barely manages to catch the shard, cutting his hand slightly as he does. He quickly pulls the shard back and lays it flat on his chest, covering his head with his arms and waiting while the crowd slowly counts to 5.

And he's done it! What a cleaver lad too! Clearly, next time, we need to be shooting them down at about ankle height, eh folks?

When we come back, it will be time for the Head to Head challenge! Stay tuned!

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.
BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR THIS MAN. HEIGHT 5'8", WEIGHT 165, CAUCASIAN MALE, DISTINCT SCAR ON HIS LEFT SHOULDER. WANTED IN CONNECTION TO SEVERAL ACTS OF TREASON AND MURDER
THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

Welcome back!  The camera zooms out from the Host's smile and reveals that both teams are now back on the stage they played Maul-Ball on, though the pit they played in is gone, and they are now standing on a wide, empty stage. Each team is clustered on one side of the stage, some of their members with still bloody bandages wrapped around wounds. Magarth looks particularly bad off, with most of his head hidden beneath a mask of white, slowly reddening bandages. We're just gearing up for the Head to Head challenge as we speak. Bets are now opening and will remain open until the challenge begins!

NOW! Each team must select one member to compete against the other team's chosen combatant in an unknown challenge! The winner will net points for himself and his team! The loser will face shame, ridicule and whatever consequences there may be! He points at both teams at the same time. You have 60 seconds to decide who will represent you, starting now! If you can't decide, we'll let the audience pick for you! The clock is ticking!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2014, 09:16:08 pm »

I have all my stats at 1, except Luck, at 21.

Maybe I should sit this one out?
The Derail Thread

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2014, 09:24:29 pm »

"ILL KILL DIS BEECH, RAGGGHH-"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2014, 09:26:11 pm »

"I'll do it- I fancy some fun."

((Larry))
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 09:28:52 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2014, 09:29:53 pm »

Bet 3 on blue.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 09:46:24 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 153