Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 285528 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 1
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2014, 09:40:34 pm »

You could, but it's a guaranteed loss for you since you only get back half again what you bet.  You'd spend 2X on betting and end up with 1.5X.

Also, for winning, is that 5 points total or 5 points plus 1 for being on the winning team?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2014, 09:48:12 pm »

Mason takes a moment to think before voicing his own opinion. "Well, you did the most in this last challenge. Also, you have that revolver now and could probably spare a point or two if you had to use that cannon. You're probably our best shot at getting more points, so you have my vote. Heck, you could probably shoot the other guy as soon as the challenge starts. Just saying, it is an option." He reasons out, his comments directed at Larry.

+1 vote for Larry
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2014, 09:48:55 pm »

Larry just grins in response to that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2014, 09:50:54 pm »

It looks like we have our volunteers! Such enthusiasm! A thrill to see such able athletes compete, is it not?!

The Host taps his cane and a trap door opens near the center of the stage. A strange sort of table and chair contraption raises up out of the hole  and clicks into place. The object itself is solid metal; a combination of two chairs facing each other across a table with what looks like an open metal cuff on either side. The Host leads Larry and Magarth over to the table and has them sit in opposing chairs. He picks up their right hands and carefully fastens them together in an arm wrestling stance.

Today's Head to Head challenge is something we like to call Unarmed Combat! The objective is simple: Arm wrestle your opponent and force their wrist down into this cuff here. He raps one of the cuffs with his cane.  That's all there is to it! He grasps their conjoined hands and carefully levels them, making sure they're in position. 

We'll give you folks a minute to finish your bets, but don't dawdle now, these contestants are eager to begin, I'm sure!

You could, but it's a guaranteed loss for you since you only get back half again what you bet.  You'd spend 2X on betting and end up with 1.5X.

Also, for winning, is that 5 points total or 5 points plus 1 for being on the winning team?
total.

Bet 3 on blue.
Bet three on blue it is.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2014, 09:52:49 pm »

I don't have any betting money, since I'm in the game, do I?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2014, 10:08:04 pm »

"So how's your face feel?"

The Hinn family isn't known for compassion or empathy.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2014, 10:16:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do I still have that shard of glass I caught? If so, throw it at Larry's wrestling arm.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2014, 10:17:39 pm »

Ask if we can throw things while they fight.

"C'mon! It'll be more fun!"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2014, 10:41:00 pm »

(( PW, just checking, but is Pan's bet still live and/or should it be paid? ))

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Welcome to the Show.
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2014, 10:46:30 pm »

The Wasted Bastard slowly becomes aware of the person underneath him starting to move, coming out of their OD stupor. He mildly backhands the guy, knocking him out with a dose of... whatever he's covered with. He slowly leans forward, then stands up to lean over the rail and stare down at the contestants. He waves over some staff and asks,

Hey, could I get something for this headache? One of those needles with the purple stuff. I got these... I dunno, is this money? ...I could give you 'money' for the purple stuff. And, uh... take the rest of it and put it on that blue person.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2014, 11:32:41 pm »

Bet 2 on Red team winning. Collect new DD as appropriate?

(Currently 0 DD, with bet.)

"This Larry fellow seems like he stands a decent chance, but Magareth seems like he matches up well, not counting his wounds."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2014, 01:17:59 am »

Magarth - Team Red

"RAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-"

Force Larry's hand down with the force of twenty-seven French political party techo-raves. Break his hand if necessary.

Spoiler: Magarth (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2014, 01:52:15 am »

(talking to radio controlled)

"Hey, buddy, spare a beer?"

Try to get a free beer off one of the other audience members.

"Sure buddy, drinking with company doubles the fun. Cheers mate!
Ernie finishes his beer as he says that.
"Fair warning pal, but you'll have to pay for a round later, them's the rules! Say, I didn't catch your name though. I'm Ernie, pleased ro meet you. And this ol' fool here is Bert." He says while pointing to the man next to him.

Bet 1 DD on Toaster' char winning.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2014, 06:07:38 am »

"Hmm. Apart from the headwound, they seem pretty evenly matched...  Eh, what the hell. Three on the Blue contestant!"

Three Deadman Dollars on Larry!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2014, 06:31:49 am »

Bet 3 DD's on Blue Team winning.
DD count: 5 right now, 2 after betting.
Get more DD's if I can.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 153