Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 285513 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 1
« Reply #270 on: April 15, 2014, 01:59:36 pm »

Twist & yank the knife out, then stab Cromwell repeatedly.  Stabbity stab stab.

"SEPSIS TAKE YOU!"

((NAV, are you really sure you want to make it a 2v2?  That doesn't improve your chances.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 15, 2014, 02:08:40 pm »

((Yes, I am sure. Navarro wants revenge on Piecewise for eliminating him first in maul ball, and for trying to arrange his death in the arena, and for stabbing the team mate who chose not to betray him.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 15, 2014, 02:24:14 pm »

Twist & yank the knife out, then stab Cromwell repeatedly.  Stabbity stab stab.

"SEPSIS TAKE YOU!"

((NAV, are you really sure you want to make it a 2v2?  That doesn't improve your chances.))
The only thing better than seeing a scheming bastard at work, is seeing the plans of said scheming bastard crashing down on top of him.

Good show lads, good show.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 15, 2014, 02:32:33 pm »

Suggestion for elimination game: Target practice (name subject to change)
One of the contestants is selected at random and given a gun with as many bullets as there are other contestants. He or she is then placed into a small, enclosed stall like area. They are to shoot small drones that fly in front of the stall. There are as many drones as there are contestants, barring the one in the booth, and each one is hardwired to kill one of the contestants if shot down. Failure to hit any drones means that the contestant is executed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 15, 2014, 02:38:29 pm »

One of the contestants is selected at random and given a gun with as many bullets as there are other contestants. He or she is then placed into a small, enclosed stall like area. They are to shoot small drones that fly in front of the stall. There are as many drones as there are contestants, barring the one in the booth, and each one is hardwired to kill one of the contestants if shot down. Failure to hit any drones means that the contestant is executed.

"Ooooohhh, I like the way this guy thinks!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:40:03 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 15, 2014, 03:18:32 pm »

Idea for two-person game: 'knowledge is power': they get a question, if they answer it correct they get three points. If they pass they lose a point. If they're wrong, they lose a body part (toe, arm, eyeball, nostril, a single rib,...) To ensure they don't just look it up on zeh internet, either give them philosophical or silly questions (e.g. What's the sound of one hand clapping) or let the audience decide if their answer is satisfactory.

Secondly: 'what's cooking Doc?': flat arena. Big pot of boiling water sunk into middle (so that floor is at same height as top of pot). Round ends when one (or more) contestants are shoved into it. Also, the floor and wallsnare incredibly greasy.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:30:58 pm by Radio Controlled »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 15, 2014, 03:23:34 pm »

((Does Seagull normally slur a bit?))
I dunno, but I know you shouldn't bring food near them or they'll swarm you.
((You're the one who spelled it Steven Seagull first.))

"Oh yeah, thats one of the shackles from Dead Man Running." the armory master says when you show her the weapon. "It was a Television show...oh I don't know how many centuries ago. Actually predates the altered wars, I think. I only ever saw reruns. They shut them down and raided the studio at some point, because they were using rather dangerous alien technology for some of their things. Including that weapon, I believe."
((1. Hopefully not too many centuries ago.
2. Sweet, we'll hopefully be getting alien tech soon.))

Kriellya chases Navarro around the room, but can't catch up with him.

Hmm, I feel this requires a jingle.
Link's broken.

((A bit dull, really. Maybe if you had more than one person shooting drones.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 15, 2014, 03:26:31 pm »

Link's broken.
Fixed, thanks.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 15, 2014, 03:29:59 pm »

((Good point, I guess. I might refine it slightly if I get any inspiration. Likely inclusion of various randomly selected execution methods, like planting bombs into the contestants torsoes rigged to blow if their drone gets shot down, and such. What if the drones would also shoot at the contestant, so that they'd be forced to fire back or risk dying?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 15, 2014, 03:31:35 pm »

Link's broken.
Fixed, thanks.
How did I know it would be Yakety Sax?

((Good point, I guess. I might refine it slightly if I get any inspiration. Likely inclusion of various randomly selected execution methods, like planting bombs into the contestants torsoes rigged to blow if their drone gets shot down, and such. What if the drones would also shoot at the contestant, so that they'd be forced to fire back or risk dying?))
((Ooh, I got it! Everyone's shooting drones, and whoever doesn't hit at least one is killed. And the drones are shooting at the contestants. And the contestants are allowed to shoot at each other. And there are some obstacles, so shooting at a drone isn't always an option.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 15, 2014, 03:32:52 pm »

(( Yeah, see, what I find interesting about the plan falling on his head is that, in my eyes, this was *always* the plan. Team Blue for life. Literally.

Well, not quite like this. Obviously Piecewise the Young isn't supposed to be bleeding out on the floor right now, but to me the best plan configuration didn't involve setting up a 3 on 1. It involved setting up a 1 v 1 v 2, where the two 1's went at each other from the word go, allowing the 2 to attack at will. Either way, no need to trust the 1's and let them stab you with a knife. You're planning to betray one of them anyway :P

Relatedly, I feel Navarro's odds are pretty good no matter what he does at the moment. Speaking of, NAV, cease fire as soon as one of them bleeds out? Or while both of them bleed out? No hard feelings about bashing you over the head repeatedly with a metal cylinder of questionable origin :P ))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 15, 2014, 03:39:33 pm »

Suggestion for a game: Give the contestants spearguns and oxygen tanks, then dump them in a very large water tank with sharks in it. Loser(s) is/are whoever gets eaten by a shark/harpooned/kills fewer sharks, if the contestants manage to kill all of the sharks. There should be a 2:1 shark to contestant ratio, at least.

Smearing the diving equipment with fresh (animal) blood is optional, since the first shark/contestant to be shot will be bleeding anyway.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 15, 2014, 03:42:00 pm »

((Ooh, I got it! Everyone's shooting drones, and whoever doesn't hit at least one is killed. And the drones are shooting at the contestants. And the contestants are allowed to shoot at each other. And there are some obstacles, so shooting at a drone isn't always an option.))
((Interesting, if deviating from my original idea. Seems more exciting, so I'm all up for seeing what we can come up from continuing this line of though. What if there were more drones than simly small flying ones? Like for example, a large, two legged crab-like mech with heavier armor and weaponry.And so on.))
Suggestion for a game: Give the contestants spearguns and oxygen tanks, then dump them in a very large water tank with sharks in it. Loser(s) is/are whoever gets eaten by a shark/harpooned/kills fewer sharks, if the contestants manage to kill all of the sharks. There should be a 2:1 shark to contestant ratio, at least.

Smearing the diving equipment with fresh (animal) blood is optional, since the first shark/contestant to be shot will be bleeding anyway.

((Seems good enough to me. Excitement! Death! Blood for the blood god and all that!))

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 15, 2014, 04:02:22 pm »

That last one sounds like fun.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 15, 2014, 04:12:06 pm »

((Uh, guys?  Shouldn't all this be in OOC?))

Suggested modifications: First, the guns are full auto.  If you hold the trigger too long at all, you waste bullets.  Second, everyone is in the same arena.

Last, the number of drones equals the number of contestants squared.  Each drone has the name of a single contestant projected above it.  Each drone fires at whichever contestant it's named after, with a weak gun that fires barbed darts which release poison after ten seconds.  To avoid being poisoned you have to tear the barbed bugger out.  Audience members can spend DD to increase the accuracy of the drones, and call targets for it (such as "right eye").

After a set amount of time, the game enters the second phase and the contestant's weapons are rendered nonfunctional (by suddenly electrifying the surface), but not the drones.  The walls/stands/whatever's blocking the contestants from moving lower, and doors open to allow escape from the arena.  After all contestants are out or dead, the game ends, and the contestants are ranked.  The person who has the least drones with their own name flying around loses (and must play a torture game, like NAV did), and the people with the most  of their drones still flying around win.

EDIT: Instead of a time limit, make it a percentage of drones shot down.  Say, 25%, so that there's a decent chance of them succeeding before they run out of bullets.  What happens when they're all out of bullets depends on how sadistic you are; you could either say that they have to resort to their arm cannons, or throwing their pistols.  Or you could be nice and just enter the second phase then.

This way there's even more sadistic torture.  The original isn't really so sadistic.

((but to me the best plan configuration didn't involve setting up a 3 on 1. It involved setting up a 1 v 1 v 2, where the two 1's went at each other from the word go, allowing the 2 to attack at will. Either way, no need to trust the 1's and let them stab you with a knife. You're planning to betray one of them anyway :P

This is kinda exactly what my original plan was, you just didn't follow through, and I decided "eh, what the hell" and went with it. :\
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 153