Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 285534 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 1: Blood and Guts
« Reply #330 on: April 16, 2014, 10:54:49 pm »

(( Do you want blood, or do you want blood? Either way, MOAR BLOOD! ))

Await the audience's decision.

If Mercy, help him hold his guts in with the shirt while the medical team arrives.
If Death, strangle him with the shirt and then break his neck

Spoiler: Kriellya Niabs (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 16, 2014, 11:16:26 pm »

Sit down next to Cromwell and enjoy not being dead. It's a wonderful feeling. Try to help him not die.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #332 on: April 16, 2014, 11:23:10 pm »

Thumbs up!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #333 on: April 16, 2014, 11:50:52 pm »

Join the audience.  Get DD.  Thumbs down.

((:P))
Cheeky.

2 dd. Your bad luck continues it seems eh?

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN! CROMWELL SHALL LIVE! For now, at least.
The Host raises his hands to the crowd and waves on their applause. However, his fate will have to wait for another day! Join us next time on DEAD MAN RUNNING!

The camera pans out and over the stands, where two very fat men are rolling down the aisle, slapping at each other and screaming incoherently. The shot fades out as the sponsors list rolls.

STATIC

Backstage, the Host leads the surviving contestants down a blindingly well lit hall. Most walk, Some limp, leaning on teammates, while Cromwell is wheeled down the hall in a hospital bed. Eventually they come to a door, at which the Host spins on his heel and taps with his cane.

This is where you'll all be staying between shows. It's a comfy little room with 8 beds, a full bathroom and even a nice vending machine that will supply you with everything you could desire! Assuming, of course, you desire whats in that vending machine. There are cameras in the corners of the room as well, so our audience can watch you online 24 hours a day! Wonderful, isn't it? In any case, a new contestant should be arriving to join you shortly, and then, tomorrow, we record another episode. And so it goes! So simple even all of you could follow it, right? Good.

The stage hands herd everyone through the door and into the room. It's of reasonable size, with beds attached to the walls in a block two high and 4 long. On the other side of the room is a door labeled RESTROOM, and there are a few entertainment products down on the far end of the room, along with a vending machine that seems to be embedded- or possibly part of - the wall.

Oh, and Cromwell. The doctors told me they did all they could but that you're missing lots of bits. They say you'll need artificial organs within the next few days or you'll die! He points at the unnaturally sunken pit and recently sutured close gash that used to be Cromwell's stomach. You may want to do something about that.

And for the rest of you, one final thing: Your shackles will occasionally give you challenges during this down time. These challenges give you points. They're quite helpful. You can refuse to do them, of course, but there are punishments for that as well. All things in moderation, dear friends.

The door closes and locks shut with a heavy metallic clink. No sooner does the door close then Cromwell's Shackle Beeps.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #334 on: April 16, 2014, 11:51:34 pm »

Xan is up as a player, yes?

Also, impressions so far?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:59:11 pm by piecewise »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 17, 2014, 12:05:35 am »

Mason glances around the room, taking in his surroundings. "Challenges, huh? I guess it wouldn't do to just let us relax in our downtime between episodes where we risk our life. Oh well." He murmurs, mostly to himself. He then goes to check out the vending machine.

Go look at the selection in the vending machine. Also, ask Larry about the revolver.

"Hey, this might be a bit of an awkward question, but since you are missing a free hand, would you mind if I borrow that revolver you got for the next round? I'll give it back afterwards, and I'll owe you one." He asks the one-armed Larry. It doesn't seem like he is bothered by the fact that all of the contestants are in this room, not just his teammates.

((Who needs subtlety? Also, I'm assuming we don't need our character sheets in our posts between episodes. Should I edit it in anyway? Also, sorry about any typos, posting from phone.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 17, 2014, 12:05:56 am »

Pretty gory enough for me.
Can we get a description of what happened with this?
"HOW DARE YOU ARGUE WITH ME? I CHALLENGE YOU TO A FISTFIGHT! TO THE PAIN!"

CHALLENGE SENT! DRINK MY BEER IN PREPARATION!
YOU DARE CHALLENGE ME TO A FISTFIGHT?! HOW DARE YOU! BLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBBBLBB!

Flubber through the crowd toward this skinny-ass poser and fist slap him into submission!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 17, 2014, 12:09:43 am »

It's funny in a way only bloodsport can be.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:38:49 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 17, 2014, 12:31:25 am »

Back away from the beeping Cromwell. Go check what's in the vending machine besides food-stuffs, get a snack and a drink. Find a comfy chair and recover from not being beaten to death.

OOC comments time!

Yeah, I'm enjoying this tremendously. I also like this solution to the typical waitlist problem of 'No one is dying, so no one is cycling in, so no one on the waitlist is actually hanging around in thread and having a good time :P  I also like the betting system that allows waitlisters to get some power before entering the game, so they aren't just thrown in with no points and no chance (at least in the later stages

Who would have thought guaranteed death would be a good thing XD Question on that though, will it always be the lowest point totals up for elimination, or was that just how this one works? ))

I wonder though, how will a winner be picked if people get replaced each episode? Or is there a set amount of episodes?

As either the OP or one of the following posts says, winner is first to 50 points!

((Who needs subtlety? Also, I'm assuming we don't need our character sheets in our posts between episodes. Should I edit it in anyway? Also, sorry about any typos, posting from phone.))

Ehhh, I'm posting it in. Better safe then sorry, since I'm assuming PW just isn't keeping the sheets locally for his convenience. (Which probably means he wouldn't notice if we slowly shifted our stats around as the game progressed :P I recommend not doing this. I imagine punishments would be swift and painful.)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 17, 2014, 12:40:54 am »

As either the OP or one of the following posts says, winner is first to 50 points!
Why, t'seems you're right. Guess that was edited in later. Or maybe I've gone bliiiiiind D:

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 17, 2014, 01:00:27 am »

More OOC comments :P

Oh, and am I correct in thinking that simple stat increases are going to be hard (or impossible) to come by? Cause I like that the only reliable gain in player power is 1) consumable, 2) doesn't scale 3) is *also* the thing you need to collect to win. Very good system for an RTD, I think it solves a lot of the sort of traditional problems this game type has.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #341 on: April 17, 2014, 01:47:03 am »

Mason glances around the room, taking in his surroundings. "Challenges, huh? I guess it wouldn't do to just let us relax in our downtime between episodes where we risk our life. Oh well." He murmurs, mostly to himself. He then goes to check out the vending machine.

Go look at the selection in the vending machine. Also, ask Larry about the revolver.

"Hey, this might be a bit of an awkward question, but since you are missing a free hand, would you mind if I borrow that revolver you got for the next round? I'll give it back afterwards, and I'll owe you one." He asks the one-armed Larry. It doesn't seem like he is bothered by the fact that all of the contestants are in this room, not just his teammates.

This is the current selection in the Vending machine:

1 point:
   Rope
   A carton of cigarettes and a lighter
   Ice pick
2 point:
   Brass knuckle
   Helmet
   Net
   Pepper spray
   Claw hammer
   First aid kit
   Ammo
   Painkillers
3 point:
   Taser
   Combat knife
   Blood-stop Foam
   Revolver with 6 bullets
   Ice ax
   Riot helmet
        Bullet proof vest
   Smoke grenade
   Flash bang
4 point:
   Gas mask
   Riot shield
   Taser club
   A stick of tnt
5 point:
   Contestant suit
   Replacement organ
   Replacement limb
6 point:
   Pipebomb
   Syringe filled with a horrible disease
   Katana
7 point:
   Deadman explosive vest
   Shotgun with 10 rounds
10 point:
   Scoped rifle
   SWAT Gear
15 point:   
   Athlete suit
30 point:
   Olypian suit
50 point:
   Wish
        Unlock...

Pretty gory enough for me.
Can we get a description of what happened with this?
"HOW DARE YOU ARGUE WITH ME? I CHALLENGE YOU TO A FISTFIGHT! TO THE PAIN!"

CHALLENGE SENT! DRINK MY BEER IN PREPARATION!
YOU DARE CHALLENGE ME TO A FISTFIGHT?! HOW DARE YOU! BLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBBBLBB!

Flubber through the crowd toward this skinny-ass poser and fist slap him into submission!
Well, assuming you're the new contestant, I'd say it's safe to say that your gluttonous flailing somehow landed you a spot on the team. Perhaps you were a fan favorite. Maybe the Host just doesn't like the look of your face.

Back away from the beeping Cromwell. Go check what's in the vending machine besides food-stuffs, get a snack and a drink. Find a comfy chair and recover from not being beaten to death.

OOC comments time!

Yeah, I'm enjoying this tremendously. I also like this solution to the typical waitlist problem of 'No one is dying, so no one is cycling in, so no one on the waitlist is actually hanging around in thread and having a good time :P  I also like the betting system that allows waitlisters to get some power before entering the game, so they aren't just thrown in with no points and no chance (at least in the later stages

Who would have thought guaranteed death would be a good thing XD Question on that though, will it always be the lowest point totals up for elimination, or was that just how this one works? ))

I wonder though, how will a winner be picked if people get replaced each episode? Or is there a set amount of episodes?

Ehhh, I'm posting it in. Better safe then sorry, since I'm assuming PW just isn't keeping the sheets locally for his convenience. (Which probably means he wouldn't notice if we slowly shifted our stats around as the game progressed :P I recommend not doing this. I imagine punishments would be swift and painful.)

Points is the standard. Though, sometimes other things may happen. Host may just ask the audience who they want to kill. Or he'll kill someone he doesn't like. Don't take anything for granted.

Why, t'seems you're right. Guess that was edited in later. Or maybe I've gone bliiiiiind D:
always been there. You must be bliiiiiind.

More OOC comments :P

Oh, and am I correct in thinking that simple stat increases are going to be hard (or impossible) to come by? Cause I like that the only reliable gain in player power is 1) consumable, 2) doesn't scale 3) is *also* the thing you need to collect to win. Very good system for an RTD, I think it solves a lot of the sort of traditional problems this game type has.

Stat increases are, currently, limited to physical stats and even then only through the use of items, which you have to buy.  People who decided rather foolishly to put all their points into luck, for instance, are probably not the best bet on survival. 

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 17, 2014, 02:01:16 am »

Since just about everyone on the contestant list is also spectating, and I don't wanna fall behind...

>Wander into the stands, take a seat in the least-crowded area I can find, and count my monies.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 17, 2014, 02:16:17 am »

Allen Marc

Go and wash up in the bathroom. Get a snack and something to drink. After that, find a comfy place to sit. Then, look and see if the shackle has issued a challenge yet

Well. This place looks...cozy, doesn't it?

Spoiler: Allen Marc (click to show/hide)
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Welcome to the Show.
« Reply #344 on: April 17, 2014, 07:39:55 am »

Cromwell looks around, pale.
His Shackle beeps, and he looks down at it to see what it wants, and his eyes go wide.
"Oh, shit."
He gets up, and walks over to Navarro
"Hey, man, thanks for helping me out back there, and keeping me from getting horribly killed. Do you think you could help me out with something?"

Spoiler: Cromwell - Red team (click to show/hide)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 153