Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 281217 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Welcome to the Show.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 10:14:11 pm »

(( And now I have to figure out exactly what system PW made that causes 0 to glitch out so badly... must be something like 'can never run away ever' with a zero in speed, or 'will get hit by everything and miss' with 0 dex

... it has suddenly occured to me that we are now in a Schwarzenegger movie. Except in ER. Awesome. I'm going to die. Or live against all odds. One of the two.))
Doesn't break anything, you just insta-fail to 1.

It should only happen if you get negatives from something.

Try not to do that.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 10:18:33 pm »

(( And now I have to figure out exactly what system PW made that causes 0 to glitch out so badly... must be something like 'can never run away ever' with a zero in speed, or 'will get hit by everything and miss' with 0 dex

... it has suddenly occured to me that we are now in a Schwarzenegger movie. Except in ER. Awesome. I'm going to die. Or live against all odds. One of the two.))

Try not to do that.

Ouch. But yeah, when I say break, that is sort of what I mean. Not that the system can't handle it, but that any character with a 0 is just useless, for whatever reason :P

Oh, you going to cross post recruitment in the main RtD thread? Might be people there interested in an ER spinoff without all the baggage of ER, and they might not see the thread otherwise

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 10:19:07 pm »

Well this looks awesome

Name: Allen Marc
Description: Thin and wiry, with blond hair. His eyes are an odd shade of green, almost florescent
Reason for signing up: His friends are dicks. They all got drunk one night and he pulled the short straw. Now he wants them all dead and to have enough money to never work again
Stats: (20 points to allocate. 5 Points in a stat gives a 1/3 chance of +1. 10 gives 2/3, etc.)
Strength:1
Dexterity:5
Endurance:1
Speed:5
Intelligence:5
Luck:1
Will:5
Perception:5
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 10:23:30 pm »

Heck yeah!

Name: Cromwell Jackson
Description: A tall lanky man with thick glasses
Reason for signing up: Decided that jumping off a spaceship into a black hole was too boring a suicide.
Stats:
Strength: 1
Dexterity: 1
Endurance: 1
Speed:1
Intelligence:1
Luck: 21
Will: 1
Perception: 1
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 10:48:08 pm »

Try not to do that.

Ouch. But yeah, when I say break, that is sort of what I mean. Not that the system can't handle it, but that any character with a 0 is just useless, for whatever reason :P

Oh, you going to cross post recruitment in the main RtD thread? Might be people there interested in an ER spinoff without all the baggage of ER, and they might not see the thread otherwise
I dunno, I don't wanna overstep the boundaries of our little subforum. If you think I should, then I'll post an announcement.

Lets see here....

Spoiler: 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 8 (click to show/hide)

Xan had a post but nothing in it. TOO SLOW. GOTTA GO FAST XAN.

Ok, so in this game, one thing I'm gonna ask you guys to do is to post your character sheet with your actual action post. That way, I don't have to keep a separate character list, the info will always be there and easy to track between turns, and if I fuck something up, you'll be easily able to call me on it.

Oh, and if any youse guys put 0's as stats instead of 1's, change dat shit. Yo. P dog in the house. Etc.

Looks like we have our 8 starters, lets get this rolling.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 10:51:46 pm »

Corrected me' stats boyo'.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2014, 10:56:01 pm »

Darn, I was a tiny bit too late. Waitlist me, please.

Spoiler: Flimsy Not-Wizard (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:58:04 pm by Elephant Parade »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2014, 11:09:23 pm »

DANGIT
WAS TOO BUSY BEATING PEOPLE TO DEATH
WAITLIST?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 11:11:14 pm »

Spoiler: Cromwell (click to show/hide)

Copying my character here so I can grab it easily.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2014, 12:03:59 am »

All right! I wanted to join ER, but was quite... intimidated. Wound up dumping the char sheet.
Charsheet when I'm not drugged and tired.

Don't worry, just a nightly prescription to help with my super tense muscles, may cause dizziness and or drowsiness; the colored lines are an effect of the drowsiness and not of the drugs, trust me, I get those even without drugs.

Edit: That gives me an idea for a character. Might not wait until morning afterall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:09:56 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 12:49:51 am »

A group of men and one woman-each dressed in a red or blue jumpsuit, with a high tech looking cannon device affixed to their left hand- are lead out onto the overblown, garish stage through the tinsel ringed center door and lined up in front of the studio audience and the dozen glass eyes of the cameras. The host, a man dressed in a white suit that shimmers like motor oil on water, holding a cane that looks like a chrome billiard ball affixed to the top of a silver rod, walks briskly in front of them and smiles toward the camera.  He's too pale and too thin, his skin stretched too tight on his skull by the too wide grin he's wearing. His teeth are whiter then a bleached albino and sharper then a prismatic blade; the little black eyes seated deep in his sunken sockets are dead as tinted glass. He's a vainglorious predator, a shark in a starched suit, a razor blade hidden in a fancy folded cloth napkin. He twirls his cane and then plants it firmly on the ground before he starts speaking.

As you know, our contestants are split into two teams, the BLUE BARBARIANS and the RED RAVAGERS! Our first contestant is on the blue team, He gestures at the first man in the line, his name is Cromwell, and he came here to Die a beautiful death. The host looks back at Cromwell and smiles even wider. What an admirable cause and a wonderful dream.

Next, on the red team, is Allen. Allen wants to murder is friends and never work again. A simple dream, but one I think we can all understand.

After Him, on the blue team, is Larry. He's here because he wants money for his cousin. Oh, how despicably dull.

Then, we have Mason, on the blue team. He wants to be a Magistar. Oh, such lofty ambitions. Such dreams of power.
The Host's smile fades to a slight grin and his eyes grow wide as he glares at Mason. A man could do anything he wanted as a Magistar. No law, no social boundaries, no gods or reprisals. I wonder what this man would do in the privacy of his palace. And who he'd do it to. The smile snaps back like a beartrap being sprung.

Next, red team's Navarro. He wants a robot. What a simple thing he is.

Then, Piecewise on blue.  What a familiar name. Hmm

After that, Magarth, on red. He wants, He double checks the card, Cabbage. Well. To each their own.

And last, we have Kriellya, our only female contestant this episode. She's here to escape her debts. Well, my dear, The host leans in close, with a distressing glint in his eye, There are always ways for a woman to make some money. But we're glad you chose us.

The host steps away, walking in his strange, scarecrow way toward the central camera.

When we return, it will be time for the first part of the show, the Team Challenge! Stay tuned!

Tired of trying to lose weight the old fashioned way? Tired of exercise and diet and living a healthy life? Just want to gorge yourself of junk food and watch television? Of course you do. Thats why SteelGene invented the Second Stomach, a patented mechanical organ which will allow you to eat whatever you desire, and never have any negative consequences from it! No longer worry about how much of your favorite foods you can eat; simply eat till your full and let our auto-cilia do the selecting for you.

"I used to worry about eating to much pie. But now, I can eat apple pie until the very taste of it disgusts me and never gain a pound!"

"I tried doing sit ups, but they were hard. Thats when I bought the Second stomach. No more sit ups for me!"

Affordable payment plans are available. Call now to schedule your free exam to see if you're qualified.

Side effects include rapid weight loss, malnutrition, bloody stools, blindness, nausea, increased blood acidity, nerve damage and death.

Welcome back!
The host shouts as the camera pans down and away from his face and toward a large, rectangular arena divided in half by black line painted on the floor. One half has been painted red, the other blue, and the corresponding teams are stationed in their color coded half.  Placed carefully on the center line are 5 balls; one white, one red, one blue, one yellow, one black. 10 foot tall metal walls enclose the arena, and a cross shaped, clear plastic walkway hangs overhead. The host stands at the center of this walkway, arms spread in a wide, inviting gesture toward the stacked rows of audience members looking down into the arena from their seats.

Now, I'm sure you all know the rules already, but lets explain it to the contestants, just in case they've forgotten.  Each contestant has what we call a Shackle. It's that black device on their hand. And oh, what a wonderful device it is. Not only is it a wonderful, multifunctional weapon that they can chose to use at any time to gain an advantage, but it also keeps track of how many points they've won so far! But of course, there's a catch. Firing the weapon costs points!
He places his hands on his cheeks in an exaggerated expression of distress.  And whats more, we don't tell them what the weapon does! All they know is that there's a trigger for each of their fingers, and that using them in different combinations does different things! Or maybe nothing at all. What fun!

Of course, Before they can use it, they have to get some points! And thats where these games come in. Today we're playing a fan favorite: Maul-Ball! A modified version of that hold schoolyard standby, dodgeball. But our version is a bit different, for reasons our contestants shall soon discover. Now, as always, the winning team will be granted 1 point each. The third place will be granted 2, the second 3 and the first place will get 5 points AND a prize! Such bounty! But the first one eliminated, oh, what misfortune! That unfortunate contestant will have to play a penalty game. But enough talk, lets get down to the action!

The camera pans down to look at the two teams, lines of colored men standing near the back wall, ready to run forward and grab the balls.

On your, mark! Get set! GO!

Current waitlist:
Elephant
Xan
Flabort

You guys may also want to add your team color and your point total to your character sheet.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:51:32 am by piecewise »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 1
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2014, 01:00:47 am »

Allen Marc - Red team

Dash forward, grab the red ball. Throw at nearest blue team member

((Character sheet in spoiler))

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:03:59 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2014, 01:26:43 am »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2014, 01:29:55 am »

My waitlist entry
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2014, 04:29:42 am »

Waitlist me, posting sheet later.
EDIT:    
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 05:08:58 am by darkpaladin109 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 153