Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 284024 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 1
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2014, 03:02:16 pm »

I agree completely.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2014, 03:04:39 pm »

Sounds like fun.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2014, 03:12:55 pm »

(( PW, that sounds ridiculous. Clearly something this gameshow would have, then XD

So, does that mean the 'penalty game' is unavoidably lethal? Or are 'episodes' defined differently? ))

Oh no, the penalty game is very much survivable. In fact, they're designed not to kill straight now. Whats the fun in that?

No, after the penalty game for the loser, there's the individual challenge in which each side must choose one person to compete against each other in a mystery challenge. And then we tally up the points and the person with the lowest number of points is, well, you can guess the rest. The fun comes when there's a tie for lowest.

Sounds like fun.
Let's do that.
I agree completely.

Alrighty then. I'll draw up that system today and probably have it ready by next turn or before. Really just gotta think of things that can be altered or bought and set the prices. Simple enough.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2014, 04:41:47 pm »

Ok, so here's how betting works.

1. Say you want to be part of the audience. You can be part of the audience as long as you're not actually playing as a contestant.

2.Now you can bet. Betting is done with Deadman Dollars. You get 1d10 worth of them per episode. So you can get between 1-10, depending on chance, at the start of each episode or whenever you sign up to be part of the audience. You keep track of your own cash, but be warned, if someone points out that you have more then you should have, the bookies will come break your kneecaps and take all your money. 

THE BETS

Survival:Bet that a particular contestant will survive the episode.Bets must be placed by the time the team challenge begins. 1.5x pay out.

Winner:That a particular contestant will be the winner of either the Team challenge or the individual challenge. Bets for team have to be placed by the time the team challenge begins. Bets for individual begin when the participants are chosen and close when the competition begins. 3X payout for team, 2X payout for individual.

Loser: Similar to winner, but bet on who will lose Team or individual challenges. 2X payout for team, 1.5 for individual. 

Eliminated: Bet on who will be eliminated by the end of the episode. Must be placed before team challenge begins. 5X pay out.

What you can buy:

1. Items for yourself or contestants:

10 Deadman Dollars are worth 1 point or charge (Point and charge mean the same thing, they're used interchangably). You can convert your money into points to use to buy things from the same vending machine as the contestants. These items can be given to the contestants (via throwing them into the arena) or used by you to effect the games. Note: Sometimes an audience member may be brought in to participate in the game in some way. It can be used then too.

2.Adding items to the store
You can add an item to the contestant store by paying twice the cost it would be to buy it from the store once it is added. This is handled per item, of course, so talk to the show coordinators between episodes to set it up.

3.Transferring points
You can turn your Deadman Dollars into points at any time and transfer them to any contestant you want at any time.

4.Carry them over into the game

If you join the show, going from audience member to contestant, half your money is converted into points for use while you're a contestant.

5.New Game Types
For a price, audience members can get new types of event added to the show or modify the rules or items used in current games. Handled on a situational basis, talk to a show coordinator between episodes to set it up.

6.Bribes
Maybe...maybe you want something to happen in a show? Maybe you want to someone to catch a bad break, for instance? For the right amount of money, who knows what a stage hand might be willing to set up for the right price. Though, you should probably talk to them in secret (pm).

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2014, 04:47:12 pm »

C'mooon people, let's get this show on the road! I paid good money for these tickets.
" Yeah, come on you pansies! Grab the balls and make them bleed!

So, which team are you rooting for?"

Sit next to radio in the audience, recieve dollars, shout at the contestants

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2014, 04:53:46 pm »

C'mooon people, let's get this show on the road! I paid good money for these tickets.

You get 5 Deadman Dollars.

Betting is still open until the first turn of the challenge is posted.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2014, 04:56:13 pm »

YEAH GO GET HURT!

Register in audience for now, get monies.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2014, 05:04:07 pm »

'Sword' grins as the challenge begins. Oh, almost forgot something...

Acquire Deadman Dollars! Bet highest even number that would still leave me with a Dollar or two on the BLUE BARBARIANS!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2014, 05:11:43 pm »

YEAH GO GET HURT!

Register in audience for now, get monies.
5 Deadman dollars for you.

'Sword' grins as the challenge begins. Oh, almost forgot something...

Acquire Deadman Dollars! Bet highest even number that would still leave me with a Dollar or two on the BLUE BARBARIANS!
6 for you. Betting 4 on a Blue team win (1.5x payout since you're betting on the entire team, not just an individual).

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2014, 05:20:00 pm »

Put 2 dollars on the survival of Kriellya

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2014, 05:30:02 pm »

Bet 3 dolla on TCM!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2014, 05:35:25 pm »

A conspicuous man in flowing red robes, sitting on the extreme end of the red side of the field, shouts in a high, keening voice:

Teach the blue bastards a lesson, red! I expect a good show this time!

And quickly rifles through his pockets to see how many Deadman Dollars he'd been given with his ticket.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2014, 05:37:23 pm »

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2014, 05:47:11 pm »

RED TEAM
Allen Marc - Red team

Dash forward, grab the red ball. Throw at nearest blue team member

((Character sheet in spoiler))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Navarro (click to show/hide)

Run and grab the black ball. Throw it at the nearest blue.

Magarth - Team Red

"GRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAA-"

Grab nearest ball. Punt it at BLUE team.

Spoiler: Magarth (click to show/hide)

BLUE TEAM

((I messed up and didn't assign my last four points after you said stats start at one- I put them into speed in the above sheet, is that okay?))

Grab the WHITE ball, and throw at nearest RED.

with a high tech looking cannon device affixed to their left hand
((Why does this seem familiar? Also, penalty games sound fun.))

"Right, time to get to it." Mason charges for the BLUE ball to throw it at a member of the RED Team.

Let's get this on, buckos!

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)

Dash forward and grab the YELLOW ball.  Throw at at the closest RED jerk while backpedaling.

Team Blue

Dash forward, grab the black ball, back up and hold it defensively

Spoiler: Kriellya Niabs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: rolls (click to show/hide)

An air horn sounds as soon as The Host shouts go, and the teams spring into action. Navarro and Larry break into dead sprints, charging ahead of their teammates toward the center line with their hands greedily extended. They reach for the balls, but as they grasp them, they over shoot the line  and start to step into the opposing team's area. The entire center black line jerks violently up into the air, a metal plate on powerful hydraulics, and catches the over eager contestants on the chin. They go tumbling backwards as the center line jerks back into place and the balls-bounced up with the line-go rolling.  Kriellya runs in, jumps over larry's prone body, and scoops up the black ball before turning around and running back into the far end of blue's area. Piecewise, in no appreciable hurry, saunters over and picks up the blue ball. He holds it up by his head a moment, picking his target, and then hurls it at Navarro, who is still scrambling to get up. The instant the ball leaves piecewise's hands and passes the center divider, its round surface separates into dozens of small, hexagonal metal plates. The instant the ball makes contact with Navarro, the plates touching him jerk violently forward, sending him tumbling head over heels and the ball flying off in the opposite direction and smashing into a wall near Kri on the far side of the blue zone.

OH! It looks like we have our loser! It's Navarro of the Red Ravagers, taken out by the blue impact ball! Tough break Navarro.

Navarro, surprisingly unhurt by being flung across the room like a stone across a pond, gets solemnly to his feet and leaves via a door in the back corner of his zone.

While all this is happening,  Allen gets his feet tangled at the start and face plants onto the hard metal floor, Magarth seems stands stock still and stone faced, Mason tries to run serpentine and just makes a hard right turn into the wall, and Larry just barely manages to scramble to his feet after that hydraulic uppercut.

The black ball is in Kriellya's hands, while the blue and white are on blue's side. Yellow and Red are on the Red side, but so far remain unclaimed.

Audience

A conspicuous man in flowing red robes, sitting on the extreme end of the red side of the field, shouts in a high, keening voice:

Teach the blue bastards a lesson, red! I expect a good show this time!

And quickly rifles through his pockets to see how many Deadman Dollars he'd been given with his ticket.
You get 10 whole Deadman dollars!

Current bets:

Swordsmith: 4 on Blue team win (1.5 payout)
Xan: 3 on TCM (Winner 3x payout)
Pancaek: 2 on Kriellya (Survival 1.5 payout)

Current waitlist:
Paris
Elephant
Xan
Flabort
Harry
Kedly
Darkpaladin
GWG
yoink
Sarrak
Scotsmen
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 05:52:13 pm by piecewise »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2014, 05:48:07 pm »

"I'm not pickin' favorites yet man, they always die on me next round or so, frakkin pathetic. Like it's a curse or something."

Get dough.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 153