Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 285212 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 2: Bookies Wanted
« Reply #555 on: April 21, 2014, 11:27:52 pm »

>Return home and ensure my sisters have their breakfast and are on their way to school before heading to the Stadium.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 21, 2014, 11:30:44 pm »

"Okay, fine then. I will lead us to glory and victory. You're going down blues!"

Lead the red team.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #557 on: April 21, 2014, 11:48:19 pm »

Gooood. I got all the bets, so I won't bother quoting all of them here.

>Return home and ensure my sisters have their breakfast and are on their way to school before heading to the Stadium.
Sure sure, feeding the children. How kind and so and so. I'm sure they're gonna grow up into big..whatever we're talking about.

4 dd.

And we have our team leaders!
The Host says as the camera zooms back in on him, catching a half second of the team leaders being caught by the stage hands and dragged away. This next game is a favorite in the home version of Dead Man Running, and a veteran from our very first season. We call it "CUTTING EDGE!"

The camera zooms back out to show the team leaders who have been strapped, spread eagle, to enormous rotating circular boards. Around them, radiating out like a dart board, are individually colored and labeled sections with point values written on them. The point values get higher as they get closer to the body of the team leader, and even higher around their head, neck and torso. The rest of the teams have been herded over to a small table  that is a good distance from the rotating board. Atop the table are 10 throwing knives, carefully laid out and evenly spaced.  The tables and the rotating boards set up for the teams are maybe 20 feet away from each other and parallel to each other.

The purpose here should be fairly self explanatory. You're trying to get those knives into that board and score as many points as you can! The team with the highest point count wins the challenge! The individual with the highest point count on the winning team is the winner over all, and the one with the lowest point count on the losing team is the loser and must participate in a punishment game! How you divide the knives up amongst yourselves if for you to decide, but keep this in mind: If your team leader dies before the round is over, then you automatically forfeit the match! Be careful! There's no time limit here, but the board will rotate faster the longer this drags on!

READY? SET? THROW!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 21, 2014, 11:54:11 pm »

Imma grab all of these knives here.

Grab at least 6 knives. Throw one near throat of team leader.

I like my dexterity spam now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:59:12 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 22, 2014, 12:05:36 am »

((So I should shoot the red team leader, then? Or go with the challenge until they have more points, then shoot the leader? Will post an action in about half an hour when I get to a computer))
EDIT: Too late. ADDING ACTION
"Couldn't hurt to give us a bit of an advantage." Mason says, drawing his revolver and aiming it towards the red team's target board.

Shoot the red team leader with my revolver. Aim for his stomach area, since that is hopefully in about the same place throughout the whole spin. Or aim for whatever part of the red team leader is in the middle of that spinning board, if it is not the stomach for some reason. Then go and grab a knife.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:29:01 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 22, 2014, 12:24:13 am »

Allen Marc - Red Team(?)

Grab two knives, throw at middle of target

Spoiler: Allen Marc (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 11:35:45 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 22, 2014, 12:51:32 am »

((Ha! As if I have dexterity!))

Body slam Caldwell before he can get his shot off.

"No!"

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 22, 2014, 02:01:39 am »

... Damn my luck. That is all I have to say.

Test the bonds, get a feel for the range of motion available. Do what I can to dodge XD

((So I should shoot the red team leader, then? Or go with the challenge until they have more points, then shoot the leader? Will post an action in about half an hour when I get to a computer))

(( Yeah, just shoot NAV. If he dies quickly, then this is all over at minimum risk to me (and potentially you guys, if a brawl is started over there :P)

Relatedly, NAV, does this feel like some sort of weird parallel to our fight in the elimination round? XD ))
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:05:18 am by Kriellya »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 22, 2014, 02:09:51 am »

"No!"

"Why are you trying to make me lose my bet?"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 22, 2014, 06:33:19 am »

"Umm, guys? We don't have any doctors this round. So be extremely cautious and conservative with your throws. Or someone could just shoot Kriellya to death. 2 point bonus to whoever does that.

And could someone please make some bandages?"

Relatedly, NAV, does this feel like some sort of weird parallel to our fight in the elimination round? XD ))
((It feels like some sort of weird parallel to both the elimination round and the penalty round.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 1: Blood and Guts
« Reply #565 on: April 22, 2014, 07:39:08 am »

"He'll be fine.  Let's get some points!"

Grab a couple knives, or half what's remaining, or whatever.  Throw one at a higher (but not highest) point value near his head.  If that hits, throw one at his crotch, which is probably hilariously high valued.

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 22, 2014, 08:46:52 am »

4+? DD

Collect this episode's deadman dollars, take a seat, and consider what I could spend the dollars on.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 22, 2014, 08:54:51 am »

Take off my shirt, throw it to blue team for bandages.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 22, 2014, 10:56:44 am »

Gah, i always fall asleep during the betting period. Oh well, perhaps it's for the better.

Spoiler: Malcolm Mackarney (click to show/hide)
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #569 on: April 22, 2014, 11:54:45 am »

REMEMBER: Post your Sheet and your team in your post or I'm just gonna roll as though your stats are all default.

TEAM RED

"No!"

Allen Marc - Red Team(?)

Grab two knives, throw at middle of target

TEAM BLUE

Imma grab all of these knives here.

Grab at least 6 knives. Throw one near throat of team leader.

I like my dexterity spam now.
EDIT: Too late. ADDING ACTION
"Couldn't hurt to give us a bit of an advantage." Mason says, drawing his revolver and aiming it towards the red team's target board.

Shoot the red team leader with my revolver. Aim for his stomach area, since that is hopefully in about the same place throughout the whole spin. Or aim for whatever part of the red team leader is in the middle of that spinning board, if it is not the stomach for some reason. Then go and grab a knife.

... Damn my luck. That is all I have to say.

Test the bonds, get a feel for the range of motion available. Do what I can to dodge XD

(( Yeah, just shoot NAV. If he dies quickly, then this is all over at minimum risk to me (and potentially you guys, if a brawl is started over there :P)

"He'll be fine.  Let's get some points!"

Grab a couple knives, or half what's remaining, or whatever.  Throw one at a higher (but not highest) point value near his head.  If that hits, throw one at his crotch, which is probably hilariously high valued.

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)
Cromwell see's Mason whip out his revolver and aim it at Navarro. He seems to try and stop him by doing some sort of diving leap onto the gunman, but is far to injured to manage anything but a little hop and then trip and fall to his knees. Mason, his action unhindered, gets a bit caught up in the moment and shoots Navarro three times in the stomach. Navarro, bleeding heavily but seemingly unphased, just yells abuse at him, insinuating that he shoots like a "leprous prostitute" and that his mother was a "Quadriplegic pacifist coffee table substitute."  His injuries and rage seem to be effecting his ability to think a bit. Allen grab for two knives from the table, intent on hurling them directly at the center of the board, right where Navarro is hanging. Luckily he misses with the first one and just cuts himself trying to pick up the second.

Xen Sweeps more then half the knives up off the table and hurls one of them at a space near Kri's throat. He luckily doesn't hit her, but the knife hits with it's handle instead of the blade and just bounces off. Kriellya, feeling a bit nervous about having people hurl knives at her, tries to squirm and dodge about, but find herself completely unable to move. Larry grabs the remaining three knives that are left after the rest of his team has taken their share, and hurls two toward the board. One sticks into the 50 point mark above Kri's head, and the other embeds itself into the 25 point marker between her  knees.

Oh, Blue team off to an early lead with 75 points AND a badly injured opponent. Things are looking bad for red team!

4+? DD

Collect this episode's deadman dollars, take a seat, and consider what I could spend the dollars on.

3 dd

Take off my shirt, throw it to blue team for bandages.
You throw your shirt down at blue team, and it lands near Larry's feet.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 153