Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 285076 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: ER: Dead Man Running:Episode 3: Yarrrrrr
« Reply #1501 on: May 22, 2014, 06:19:58 pm »

((I'd try to bandage the blood flow, buuut I think internal bleeding's a lot worse.  Also, if that thing really is 30-06 size, my lung is probably half eviscerated anyways.  Rifle rounds are frigging terrifying.

Also, Beirus, I'll pay you a point if I survive and you kill reds instead of going for nonlethal attacks.))
((Actually, you want him to go for non-lethal attacks. You have bet 6DD on survival and 6DD on elimination.
If all 6 survive, you get ||6*1.5||-12=-3 DD.
If 5 survive and one is eliminated, you get ||5*1.5+1*5||-12=1 DD.
In any other case, you loose DD.

That's not so unbalanced now that I think about it. Wonder why piecewise thought it was.
Oh well, can't say no to claiming a prize now that I've almost done it. If you die, your head is mine. If you manage to get out alive, there won't be any further hostile action on my part.

EDIT: And I just noticed that darkpaladin's (EDIT2:Actually, he died, so that doesn't matter anymore) and doomblade's bets are completely pointless, since they either break even or loose depending on who wins:
Red victory:||1*1.5||-3=-1 DD
Blue victory:||2*1.5||-3=0 DD

Although it does give me a good idea...))
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:44:40 pm by Parisbre56 »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Commercial break: Tab A, Slot B
« Reply #1502 on: May 22, 2014, 06:56:38 pm »

FIRE CANNON AT BLUES FOR SINKING PURPOSES.

Spoiler: Magarth (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Commercial break: Tab A, Slot B
« Reply #1503 on: May 22, 2014, 07:18:50 pm »

"And now the fun begins. Larry, you mind staying here and covering me with that revolver? Hey Reds, you might want to stay out of my way."

"Aye aye, cap'n!"

Cover this man with the revolver.

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: May 22, 2014, 07:28:47 pm »

((I love, absolutely love, that description  :P Burnt out magpies nest indeed.))
For the love of drugs, DUCK! Just lie down on the gas pedal where nobody can see you, spit (caustic fluids) at anyone "blue" (colorblind, really red) whom I see.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: May 22, 2014, 07:31:39 pm »

Relax, enjoy cigar and the show.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: May 22, 2014, 07:35:19 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: May 22, 2014, 08:03:12 pm »

((Actually, you want him to go for non-lethal attacks. You have bet 6DD on survival and 6DD on elimination.
Spoiler: ((Incorrect)) (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1509 on: May 22, 2014, 08:26:29 pm »

((Nope. Death bets pay the same as survival bets, 1.5x. That section of the wiki is wrong, I need to edit it, don't know why swordsmith put that there. Check piecewise's previous posts if you do not believe me. Elimination bets mean that the character will die in the elimination round, that's why they pay so much.

As for whether or not the round up counts total payout or individual payout, that's simply a matter of ambiguity and I'm inclined to assume the ambiguity benefits piecewise until stated otherwise by him, unless you can cite evidence to the contrary.

And again, if you bet 2DD for survival and 1 on elimination, you get ||5*2*1.5+1*5||-3*6=2DD on the best case scenario while in most other cases you loose DD. You're probably better off betting a parlay if you feel like making multiple bets.

EDIT: Found it:
Back to the stadium! Collect DD if applicable. Put 2 of my DD on Cromwell Jackson kicking the bucket this very episode! Put 2 more on Magarth doing the same!
8 DD
2 on crom and 2 on mag to die. Not the same as being eliminated, by the way. Not 5x payout. It's basically the same as betting on survival. Elimination bets are betting who will die due to the elimination round. Thats why they pay off so much, they're difficult to predict.
))
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:36:29 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 1
« Reply #1510 on: May 22, 2014, 09:02:32 pm »

Ok, so here's how betting works.

THE BETS[/b][/size]

Survival:Bet that a particular contestant will survive the episode.Bets must be placed by the time the team challenge begins. 1.5x pay out.

Winner:That a particular contestant will be the winner of either the Team challenge or the individual challenge. Bets for team have to be placed by the time the team challenge begins. Bets for individual begin when the participants are chosen and close when the competition begins. 3X payout for team, 2X payout for individual.

Loser: Similar to winner, but bet on who will lose Team or individual challenges. 2X payout for team, 1.5 for individual. 

Eliminated: Bet on who will be eliminated by the end of the episode. Must be placed before team challenge begins. 5X pay out.

This's probably what confused people.  Especially considering that it was posted before we even knew 'elimination rounds' existed.  Also the fact there's no option for a death bet.

My fault for trusting the wiki then.  I thought I found a chink.  Nevermind then~

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: May 22, 2014, 09:30:24 pm »

((I'd try to bandage the blood flow, buuut I think internal bleeding's a lot worse.  Also, if that thing really is 30-06 size, my lung is probably half eviscerated anyways.  Rifle rounds are frigging terrifying.

Also, Beirus, I'll pay you a point if I survive and you kill reds instead of going for nonlethal attacks.))

That's not so unbalanced now that I think about it. Wonder why piecewise thought it was.
Oh well, can't say no to claiming a prize now that I've almost done it. If you die, your head is mine. If you manage to get out alive, there won't be any further hostile action on my part.

EDIT: And I just noticed that darkpaladin's (EDIT2:Actually, he died, so that doesn't matter anymore) and doomblade's bets are completely pointless, since they either break even or loose depending on who wins:
Red victory:||1*1.5||-3=-1 DD
Blue victory:||2*1.5||-3=0 DD

Although it does give me a good idea...))
((Yeah, I made those bets assuming a x2 payout, without checking my sources. But hey, at least it's low risk.

There is merit in betting combinations, though.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: May 22, 2014, 11:42:41 pm »

"Huwah!"

See if I can somehow begin flipping the other boat by driving into it. That oughta be interesting.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: May 23, 2014, 05:04:24 am »

((Just got through blitzing this in basically one sitting. It's brilliant, and if you're still looking for a bookie or at least gambling revision I'll probably take a closer look at it later.))

Meanwhile, join bloodthirsty audience, acquire currency.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1514 on: May 23, 2014, 03:02:28 pm »

Quick, roll over Syvarris and Paris like a boulder out of Indiana Jones!

Also rant about nondescript things in today's society.

O̵h,͕̭̹̣̥̩̜͝ ̳̣̙͚̘t̮͓̞̘̳͢h͚͍̼̰̭̀e̮͍͓͝ͅy̴͕͚̣͎ͅ ̳͔̘̝͞wạn̺̭t̛̻̳͙͓̝͇ t̟̗͕̳o̮̪͇ ̯b͖̳͍e҉̱̖̰͔̱̭͖ ͍̻͎͈͚ͅͅa̻l͏̩͈͍͖̙͍͔l ̴̰̮͚e̜͓v̞̦͔͖͟i͚͎͕̜̞̪̱l ̬̬͍͍͜a̝̹n̶d͔͉͔̩̘̫̰ ̼ͅs͙͎ho̠̥̣̹̜̖̮c̤͙k̗͎͙͚̯͖i̳͈ng̮̮ ̳ḁ͙͔͍̣n̠̞̯͔͖̦̞d̝͙ ̷͍̩̮c̞͘r̼̦̦a̬̻̜̪̝̣͕͝p͉̱̙̠̫̘͔.̀ ͠G̶͉͇o̲d̘,̸͍̜̗̗ ͚h̴̗̰̳̜ò̥̻̰̞̞ͅw̞ ̲̺͍͓p͏̝̪̼͔͙̤at͘ḥ̭͕͞e̥̣͉t̵i͓̞̫ͅc͙̳̱̘a̢l͍̤͇̙l̵̲̰̗̖̱y̞ ͙̰t̗͍͖͠h̤̀èy͍͞ ̙̭t̬r̪į̖͕̻̩̳͔͍é̻͖͖d͈.̹̬̝̙͍̖̻ ͏̭̥̲̖̬I̹̻͚ ̗̯̥m̭̩̫̻̤̺͎e̗̖̟̦ͅa͕̮n̕,͕͎̺̣͠ ̫̦̰̞͚̼i̴̟m̼̼͙a͖̙̗ͅg̝͠ị͎̠̗n̼̹̯̮͔e ̟͈͍̮̜̤̲ǫ̲̞̜̤͍̫p̻̤̞͞e̫̻n̵̻̣i̡̼n͏̲g̨̘ ̺a ̥͔d̯ͅo̱ò̫͉̯͚̩r̮̞̘̹̥̫ t̗̭̣o̧̠̬̯̰̯͓ͅ ̻͝f͉̘̯̼͜i͙͔͍̹̟̥̝͡n̗̩̞̜d͖̞̜̹ ͏̖̫̠̥̻͎y͉͓͚̲̭͕oų̼̞̱̺r̲̜̯̩̠̗ ̞ḿ̘̖̯͓̣̳o̹̦͇̯͍̻͟t̥͇́h̷̝̫͕̙̝e͍̕r̶̮̝ ̠̲̦͖͙a̻͎̬̮̻n̜͠d͔̖̖ ̱͇ͅs҉̮̙͓̜̟i̷̦͔̰̼s̪̥̬̦͔͘t̠͓͚̫e͙r̨̯̙͍̪ ̪̩̭̥͘r̵a̕p͔̣ḭ̟̬͇͍n̜̺͙̪̮g͏ ̲͍̭̞̬̘͡e̢̖̻̹ͅa̭̠͙̤̝̟͉c̮̣͕̲̩̜ͅh̦̺͕͙̞͉ ̳͍͕o̝̝̳̕t̟̲̜̬̫̳̱ḫ̨̥̰͉e̶r͔̼̥͝ ̘̹͍̦̕w̜̰̕i̖͎͙̖̳t̢͎̭̺͓̱͉̭h̶̲̙̥̠ ̝́p̷͖̲̠̪i̩̪͍̮̙͉ͅnk̠̖̺̲ ̪͚͕̳s͡tr̟̬͙̣̰a̵̘̳̟̩̼͕̜p̵̙̠-͏o͈ǹ͎̞͉̖̦͉s̼̭̗̞̮͝.҉̹̘̘͔ And͏͖͙̫̝̦̣ͅ ͙̤͕͈͇y̹̼̲̳͕̱͜ou̵͓̫͓̗͈ ̛̖t̜͇̤͈͖͎́ͅh̝͍͚ͅe̤͕̥͓̗͚n̪͓̪ͅ ̼͇̦͔̀rȩ̬̮͖͔̤͚̩a͕͎̫̜̹̝l͈̺̦̮i͚͓̳̫z̻̭͕̘̬͚̮e̴̝̥͎̳̮̼̘ ̲̺͇͢ț̜̥̙͡h̨̗a̲̫̦t̼͔ͅ ̟̤͜y͎͉͢ǫ̥u̹͠'̻̜v͈͎e̥ ̩n͙̮̩͖͍̦e̮v̲̖̲e̥͜r͙̺ ͡s̗̦̖͔͓ḙe̤̤͉̖̹̣͖͘n̦̩ ̶̖t̯͎̫͔̠̬h̲̠̱̫̖̝̦e̯̦͔̬͎i͔̮ͅr̷͕̣ ̶͈͙̠̙̺b̬͍̬̠̱̯à̰r̮ḛ̴̜͙͍̹ͅ ̜̯̱̜̙a̢̟͕̭͕̝̞ͅs̛̯̹͍̲̗̳͍s̗̯̬͚͔̠͇e̳̯͇̖̻s ̧̺̺͎̳̞͚b̡̞͙e̵͚̮͖͖̗͖ͅf̤̤͔̝͎̩̭o̻͘r̵̲e͉͕͈,̱̦͕̭͖͟ ̱̥͇̖͔̠̖b̳͕̦̟̱͖ͅe̬̗̟̮c̗͍̻͖̠̺a̯̭̟̠u̜s̗e̥̟͎͎͇ ̹͖͕y̰̼̝̭̩̭ǫ͍̺̣͖̥ṷ͉̞'̹̝̬͔̲͚r̻̳̬̩̺e҉̻ ͚͕̠͡p͍r̲e̷̪̺t̯̥̥̞͉̦t̢̥͕͈̘y̥͔͔͚ s̬u̹r̼̘̗̮̞è̲̣͕͇͈̘ ̺̱̱̭́yo̠u̺̞̻̯ ̺͔̟ẁ̩͔̖̣̲͙o͏͎͓u̡̘̥̙̺͇ld̗͕͈͔ ͇͠ḩ͖a͓͈̘̪̲͈̼v̖͈̦͓̖̼̤e̜ ̨͓̣̟̱r̲͙̥͝e̠̣̰m̭̫͉̝̕e̠̯m̟̫̟̖ͅb͍͟ḙ̞̲̭r̻̟͖̰e̡̲̦̳d͓ ̤̣̠̗͍t͔̙̖̳h̢͔͕̞̱͉ͅe̜ ̲͔͇̟̰͎̙̕ṣ̣̥̖̩͈̤w̟̲͕̜a̴͔̪s̮̻͉̪̟̀t̷ì̻͈̥k̥̦̜͈̦a͏̠̞̩s̖̖̜̘͖ ̤ͅt̞̱͓ͅa̳t҉̜͍t̡͍̟̮͓o̦̥͈o̡̟̮̭̞͉e̷͇̝d͙̮̫͓̩͜ ̙̞͈̕ṱ̳͠h͉̻̫͈͟er͈͖̩͖̳͘ͅḙ̬.̧̪ ̙̠͚A̺̼̞̟̱͞ǹd̦̗͖ ̖̤͕̫̩u̟͚͔͡p̯̼̹̮̜̹͈o̦̱̥̺͕n̞͚͔̟̫̜͔ ̱͖̬̲̤͠ͅn̫̣ot҉̜͓̺͍͈i̢̮c̸͙͓̮̤i̡̯͎͕̯n̡g̫̞̥͚̯ͅ ҉̥̻̯̬̜y̷o̱̖͈̖͠ͅu̲̜,̩͞ ̱͟t̬̻̠͚̦̲h̹̗͈̺͈̻͔éy̩̘͙͔͓͔ ̩͎͈͖̜̣̳g̙̭͕r̢̬i̝̺̩̩̤͘n̦̖̮͍͞ ̘w̸̰̠̟̖i̶̼̬ć̳̟̩͍k͓̤̬̣̜͙e̙͇̘͕͚͈̮d̥̗̣̗̭̳l͓̞͖̦͙̠y͉̦̗̦ ̪á̼̰n̘̪̬d͎̭̻̪̯̖͞ ͉̤̖͖̀g̟͕̬̩̲̪i̖͕ve ̢̙̭̪̟y͈o͕̠̳u͇̘̳̰͎͍̥ ͔͚̞͠t̴̩̟̻͓̪h̛͈̞̜̲̤̠e̤̲ ̹̭͡f͟ị͓̱n͉̭͇͇͞ͅͅg̱̰͉e̮̱̘̺̼̤͉͢ṟ i͈̘̬̕n͍͔̦̰ ͜u͏̮͇̗̹n͍̱i̻͖̩̘̞͈so҉͙n͕̠͚̤̱̼.̴̟͓̹͕̥
Continue advancing menacingly on syvarris with the slow but inevitable step of a tax collector, grinning.
"Leaving so soon? Where do you think you're going?"
Step on his leg as he crawls away to pin him in place.
"Come on, make this easier for both of us and just die already."

Man's gotta bleed out sometime.
If he doesn't... Well, good for him, I guess. But if he does, his head is mine.

Do not worry too much about being run over. Fat guys can't defy gravity.
Continue trying to escape from the DMR arena, and get to a hospital.  Buy a cab if there's no EVAC in this society.

Continue trying to escape from the DMR arena, and get to a hospital.  Buy a cab if there's no EVAC in this society.

Help this man get outside and into a cab. Unless someone stops me, of course. Don't get into a fight over it.

Xan thuds down on top of paris and farts loudly while gurgling drool onto the back f paris' head. In the mean time, Sy gets dragged, barely conscious, out the door and off to the hospital. Guess we'll see him next episode.

FUCK OFF YOINK
REVIVE AS UNDEAD WARRIOR
DESTROY YOINK

Nah.

You wanna rejoin the audience, captain sharkbait?

Go around nipping audience member ankles in frustration. Keep attempting to peddle off my shit for DD.
You angrily chew on a piece of discarded paper. You are not very smart. You are a weasel.

"Oh, so this is what it feels like to be an investment banker playing with the lives of lesser men and enjoying myself as they struggle for their little lives.

Oops, I've become a sociopath."

((Just got through blitzing this in basically one sitting. It's brilliant, and if you're still looking for a bookie or at least gambling revision I'll probably take a closer look at it later.))

Meanwhile, join bloodthirsty audience, acquire currency.

You get 8 dd

Also yes, I'd love to pawn that work off on someone Allow someone who would enjoy doing that the chance to set up a better betting system and run it with ironfisted violence and utter corruption care and objectivity.

Red:
If I can shoot the blue boat with my cannon from this position, do that.
Otherwise, throw a cannonball at the Wasted Bastard.

Spoiler: stats (click to show/hide)

FIRE CANNON AT BLUES FOR SINKING PURPOSES.

Spoiler: Magarth (click to show/hide)
"Huwah!"

See if I can somehow begin flipping the other boat by driving into it. That oughta be interesting.

Blue:

((PW, you know I've been waiting for this since the episode started. Hopefully I don't muck it up.))

"And now the fun begins. Larry, you mind staying here and covering me with that revolver? Hey Reds, you might want to stay out of my way."

Use an offensive charge. Board the red boat and activate sword. Kick the Red captain overboard, and cut any Red who gets in my way. Cut off their arms, to be specific, or just bisect them if it is easier. Watch that 360 degree vision for threats.
(Sorry for not posting yesterday; I forgot to check the thread.)

Fire cannons at opposing ship.

"Aye aye, cap'n!"

Cover this man with the revolver.

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)
((I love, absolutely love, that description  :P Burnt out magpies nest indeed.))
For the love of drugs, DUCK! Just lie down on the gas pedal where nobody can see you, spit (caustic fluids) at anyone "blue" (colorblind, really red) whom I see.

The Red boat jerks to the side as Gilbert tries to capsize the Blue vessel. The two ships grind against each other, metal groaning as it is crushed and torn, both ships taking on water. Navarro abandons his cannon and grabs one of the metal balls used as ammo, tossing it at the Blue captain in desperation. It never reaches it's target though, instead coming to an abrupt halt in Mason's hand. He's standing on the prow of the blue boat, blade at his side, billiard ball sized metal bearing in his other hand. He looks at it for a second before dropping it, letting it clang dully against the deck. He takes a step forward, hops over to the other ship, and down onto the deck. He pauses for a moment, bouncing on his toes like a futuristic bruce lee as the strange metallic musculature of the suit bulges outward, and then swings a roundhouse kick straight through the Red ship's cockpit, tearing the thin metal roof clean off and sending it flying a good 15 feet. He spins back to a normal standing position,  and bends down, looking into the cabin that he just opened like a tin can. Gilbert is crouched down low, one hand still on the wheel, the other covering his head.

Dodged an Athlete suit?! Now thats something you don't see very often!

In the mean time, Larry runs back and joins Wasted bastard, giving him cover with his pistol. Magarth and Flimsy try very hard to turn the mounted cannons to fire at their opponents but have no luck.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 153