Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Think Fast" - School Social Justice Project - Silent Commercial  (Read 912 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

I am currently supposed to be making a silent commercial for a school social justice project, "Think Fast", but I have absolutely no idea where to go with it.

The goal of the commercial is to convince students to fast for a day, to raise both money and awareness for the poor and starving. The money is going to Development And Peace.

No time frame was given for it, but it has to be short enough for teenage students not to get bored watching it.

Does anyone have a good ideas I could use for this project? I really don't want to make just another lame commercial that everyone sees once and forgets they ever watched. The commercial can be funny, epic, emotional, whatever, as long as it isn't boring (or inappropriate).

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
Re: "Think Fast" - School Social Justice Project - Silent Commercial
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 09:19:45 pm »

Maybe you could take pictures of a pantry being opened and closed to simulate a "time lapse", so to speak. There could be very little food in it to begin with, and it ends up empty pretty quickly. At that point it would go on a little longer, suggesting that the imaginary family doesn't have enough money to purchase more food. At that point you can cut away to the obligatory title screen where you ask for people to participate.

Hope this helped! Might not be quite as exciting as you're looking for, though.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:22:16 pm by Un67 »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: "Think Fast" - School Social Justice Project - Silent Commercial
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 10:02:58 pm »

Maybe you could take pictures of a pantry being opened and closed to simulate a "time lapse", so to speak. There could be very little food in it to begin with, and it ends up empty pretty quickly. At that point it would go on a little longer, suggesting that the imaginary family doesn't have enough money to purchase more food. At that point you can cut away to the obligatory title screen where you ask for people to participate.

Hope this helped! Might not be quite as exciting as you're looking for, though.
This really helped, thanks.