Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: On Mutilation and Torture  (Read 4320 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On Mutilation and Torture
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 02:47:41 pm »

The loss of a hand is not the same as an arm, arms take more blood with them and bleed more.

Blunt weapons mostly kills by brain damage or punching the lungs or heart with a broken rib.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Vitellus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 08:52:52 pm »

This has gotten more attention than I had anticipated...time to test! So far, in the test arena, I've been administering justice prudently in the name of science, and will post some preliminary results in a day or two.
Perfecting the art of limb removal since U.C. 214

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 02:16:13 am »

here are some basic guidelines on lethal wounds (which I believe you want to avoid). Removing two limbs really puts human-sized creatures on the verge of death by bleeding, and so does taking ~5 fingers (yep, that's a bit inconsistent). Opening major arteries in throat and heart garantee death, as do spilled or severed guts. So, you'd really like to avoid all of these.
To constantly keep your prisoners in extreme pain, you should break bones in their limbs with wrestling moves so that bleeding is minimized. Remember that using blunt weapon may sometimes cause serioud bleeding by jamming broken bones through the muscle tissue. Unfortunately, there's yet no way to keep them consious all the time, but you still can wait until they regain caonsciousness before breaking every next bone.
To add mutilations, the safest ones are cutting off ears and nose and gouging eyes - they cause only the minimal bleeding I believe and still sound quite horrible.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 11:41:32 pm »

Traveling away will stop the bleeding, that might help.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 07:02:37 am »

I thought i'd be more horrified at this thread, but after seeing the mermaid stuff all I can do is laugh maniacally.

Elven weapons could be looked into. Wood is crap for offense so it should kill very slowly.

on a side note, can you flay opponents in adventurer mode? That should cause enough pain to generate screams, if we're in the new release.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 07:15:08 am »

Any cutting damage causes pain, even if it's just to the level of skin or fat, and as long as you can keep doing it, one eventually drives one's enemy into EXTREME PAIN.  You can make a lion faint from pain simply by scratching him enough times. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 08:30:24 am »

I thought i'd be more horrified at this thread, but after seeing the mermaid stuff all I can do is laugh maniacally.

Elven weapons could be looked into. Wood is crap for offense so it should kill very slowly.

on a side note, can you flay opponents in adventurer mode? That should cause enough pain to generate screams, if we're in the new release.
nope you can't flay anyone. Matter is, you can't separate tissues outside of butchering jobs, in combat you only can target bodyparts. So the only tissue you can separate from the rest of the body is guts because they conveniently pop out to be severed. btw would be great if we were allowed to perform partial butchering and butchering on live targets.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2014, 04:27:18 pm »

nope you can't flay anyone. Matter is, you can't separate tissues outside of butchering jobs, in combat you only can target bodyparts. So the only tissue you can separate from the rest of the body is guts because they conveniently pop out to be severed. btw would be great if we were allowed to perform partial butchering and butchering on live targets.

Oh my, that would lead to new levels of cruelty.
However i think if the target is still alive it should be called "surgery"
Ready to go full Unit 731 of helpless elves?
How about not only removing body parts, but also adding them?
Heart transplant? Frankenstein monstrosity?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2014, 04:32:53 pm »

New Workshops must be added.  Forts constructed for their secret purpose . . . of Science.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2014, 05:41:55 pm »

This is starting to sound more and more like Dreadfort from ASOIAF.
I like it.
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 07:01:22 pm »

This is starting to sound more and more like Dreadfort from ASOIAF.
I like it.
Roose Bolton has mandated the construction of +adamantine bathing tub+
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 10:50:09 pm »

I think we're more similiar to qyburn than bolton, given our love of !!SCIENCE!!
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2014, 04:43:02 pm »

Traveling away will stop the bleeding, that might help.
This is basically the trick here. I found it incredibly useful a while back when I needed a place to stay in order to try and get infected by a were-rhino. The obvious choice was the were-rhino's home itself, so I just spent a whole day breaking every bone in the peasant's body until I could safely sleep in his home until full moon.

Upon which I got absolutely slaughtered by an angry were-rhino.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2014, 04:54:20 pm »

Werebeast transformations can cure anything - missing limbs, being on fire, etc.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 04:55:42 pm »

Werebeast transformations can cure anything - missing limbs, being on fire, etc.
That was all part of the plan. The death, not so much. It was only supposed to be a little nibble, but instead my leg got ripped off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3