Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bags???  (Read 723 times)

Wabbaction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bags???
« on: April 11, 2014, 01:32:39 pm »

Do bags only store 1 item? Because I've been playing outsider and I couldn't shove anything in bags, only things I had in bags are those that already were in it. So,  I've been struggling with controls SO much time but couldn't figure out how to put something into the bag + then carry it around. Could someone explain? (Going hardcore without a backpack)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Bags???
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:43:25 pm »

You are probably doing something not right, as I recall stuffing few bags with a ton of different gems. What are you trying to put there, by the way? Elephant corpse?

If you want to go hardcore, wear quivers. Bags are not hardcore. They are more irritating than anything else - items are not put into them automatically, so its only manual "p" - choose container - repeat.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Wabbaction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 01:54:43 pm »

Trying to stack up emu meat, berries and stuff.
It shows absolutely no containers on P.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 01:57:15 pm »

Bags have capacity.  And bags imo are smaller, suited for a handful of gems or a load of coins.  They should be named purses.  Bags won't carry too much, but you can micromanage them to efficiency.

They are purses.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Wabbaction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 02:01:00 pm »

Though, the bags I found in some guy's house had berries and weed.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 02:01:59 pm »

And how big are berries?  Or dried herbs?

Or pickled bumblebee brains?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Wabbaction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 02:07:22 pm »

Eet iz so tiny.?
I tried every single button that will interact with items, P too, and I couldn't place back 85 fisher berries to where they belonged before. What is the case? Exact button pressing for storing something in a bag, hmm? Pretty please?

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 07:40:48 pm »

storing things in bags is currently bugged, easy wy to observe the behaviour:

1.start as a member of a civ or otherwise aquire a backpack
2.[w]ear the backpack if not already doing so
3.[p]ut things in the backpack until you get the message that you have no eligible containers left
4.[d]rop whatever else you want to put into the backpack(or just have stuff on the ground)
5. make sure both your hands are full
6. [g]et those items from the floor, they will be put into the backpack.

sound more complicated than it is...maybe it works with bags, too...put the berries on the ground,
have the bag in one hand and sth else in the other and pick the berries up
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 08:36:39 pm »

Yeah, its weird. Easy thing to do is just remove the berries, and put about 10-20 back in. Then, you have food, and still enough room for some extra gear. Meats even better, more nutrition per unit.  They're shoved way past capacity by world gen. They're more like small gunnysacks than anything else. I've been able to fit about 15 units of meat, a few coins, and my spare dagger in one without much trouble. Being an outsider sucks for gear.

3.[p]ut things in the backpack until you get the message that you have no eligible containers left
4.[d]rop whatever else you want to put into the backpack(or just have stuff on the ground)

sound more complicated than it is...maybe it works with bags, too...put the berries on the ground,

Would work, but you can't wear bags, you have to hold them. Auto-fill doesn't work with them since you have to do it manually while holding the bag in one hand and the item in the other.
Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

Wabbaction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 04:56:05 am »

Hmm. Gotta try it, thanks anyway