Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More rocks  (Read 764 times)

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More rocks
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:36:27 pm »

Bring back the rocks. A miner should always produce rocks, no matter what level he is. Otherwise I can't build statues, if I can't spare the wood, and I don't stuff around with magma, dunno if I could make it out of economic rock.

Oh yay, this guy mines so fast (legend..), oh man AND, he's producing rocks like crazy! {Now how good did that feel, really?} It's bullshit how there's two mechanics for rock clutter, a) don't show it or b) produce blocks, which are simple as shit, yet I'm supposed to wait on caravans and underground tree-fellin or some shit.

Fuck what do they do, these dwarves? I don't know I don't like to mine out the ground for the sake of it. Beasts come and feed the elves, humans are scientific, why shouldn't dwarves get a free quarry?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: More rocks
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 04:31:31 pm »

Not saying it's a good idea or bad idea, but think of it this way.

A novice miner is simply breaking the rocks into pebbles, while a legendary miner can easily mine out a large area while making the rocks usable in construction.

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More rocks
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:26:04 pm »

nah you're right, altho it doesn't even seem like legendaries do it any better on 2nd looking. but it gives one the excuse to go get the adamantium. I don't give a shit about it anymore, I just used to see it as a challenge to turn all the rocks into blocks for fort effeciency. But yeah, maybe it doesn't conform to the space A. Joe mined out when he started the computer. I did come here to change my mind but I've convinced myself of it again, either I see it differently when off the PC or the pansies interested in 'cinematic' games are shouting their adhd the loudest in toadies ear. I see it in this perspective, isn't it far better to solve your over rocks problem with projects than, for instance, to follow around your miner digging out a mineral vein? Yet there I am Z'd and D'n after my fav miners crisscrossing each others prospects, thinkin' about a shaft to nowhere more for the rocks than the promise of the admant. ( I still haven't been succesful with, last time I couldn't find all the threads, nor could the PC, coz i think they'w're all in the hospital {1.25million / 75,000}(!)) *
But these rocks yield is probably just a fucking setting in the raws. cause minerals drop like shit.

*but actually they were just scattered on various non-cloth or non-thread piles or whatever.

EDIT: I suppose if I didn't have 6*7*2 of blocks for unforeseen projects I'd have 6*7*20 rocks for trade crafts. Smooth away.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 09:53:58 pm by codezero »